Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 77

Author Topic: BYOR5.5 - Day 9: Just Kidding. Game Over.  (Read 123512 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR5.5 - Day 3: Mr.Person Got Better
« Reply #585 on: January 06, 2011, 04:29:05 pm »

Were you blocked at any time N1 or N2?
No and no.
Did you block Org?
Not to my knowledge. I blocked Pandarsenic both nights, unless I was secretly redirected.
Do you have any explanation for a lack of a kill last night?
Only pure guesses. I assume you're asking for something more, I'll post guesses if asked.

Spoiler: Pandarsenic questions (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 06, 2011, 04:34:40 pm »

Do you have any explanation for a lack of a kill last night?
Only pure guesses. I assume you're asking for something more, I'll post guesses if asked.

I'm more interested in blocks, really.  Docs would have good reason to not claim yet, and I don't expect them to do so.  You're free to guess if you want.

My guess involves my autojailkeep hitting either the target or the perpetrator. 
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 06, 2011, 05:16:21 pm »

Can we have a Votecount, please?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 06, 2011, 06:04:23 pm »

That leaves MBP, Irony, and Argembarger.  Personally, I say we lynch MBP and be done with him, and I can nuke one of the other two.
This is a nice plan, but it assumes that there is, in fact, a revivocult (and a few other things, like Org actually being roleblocked). Not only is ignoring people who can't be cult leaders dangerous, it leaves a lot of questions if we guess wrong.

So!  Questions for everyone:  Were you blocked at any time N1 or N2?  Did you block Org?  Do you have any explanation for a lack of a kill last night?
No to all.

Irony:  Do you think it'd be better to lynch MBP, the person (please say whom) you think is most scummy, or a revivee to check for a revivocult?  If someone asked you to roleclaim, would you?
MBP is absolutely, completely, and irredeemably useless, but I got an odd town vibe off him.

Pandar is at the top of my list right now, partially due to your supposedly impending demise. He's been absolutely adamant about not saying or doing anything, and has been sidelining all game. Plus, according to him he's immortal, so worst case we'll just confirm his roleclaim a bit.

Re-lynching has a few issues with it, notably that we've supposedly got at least two separate revives. Best case, we confirm there's a revivocult, but still aren't sure if the other revivee is part of it. Worst case, we lynch a townie and learn nothing.

I wouldn't claim just for the hell of it, but yes, I'll claim if there's a good reason to.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 06, 2011, 07:31:59 pm »

I do hate to admit it, but whoever said it was right - my having been blocked two nights in a row means that neither I nor Nirur Torir can be the revivocult leader. I'll unvote him for now, though it pains me to do so.

IronyOwl, what are you trying to stall for?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 06, 2011, 08:19:37 pm »

Well Irony thats a nice hit to my ego. Or that would be if I agreed with you.

In all case. To aswer to questions.

I was not blocked day 1, but have been today, or rather i did my result from Web. Just so you know, i targeted Zathras. Could mean we cant interract with those guys. My DnD background scream at me skeleton or some sort of undead minions, no mind of their own, etc. 'course thats pure speculation, but that would make some sense.

Toaster, i dont remember seeing your case against me. If you can point it that would be lovely. In your case, your claim brings more question than answer. That Meltdown is extremely powerfull ( it's basically a kill, but you dont die so no revive) and i find containment hard to believe. Still Zath has done much to discredit you, and thus i would be pretty surprised if you were the cult leader. Scum i could see ( especially with Joker flipping like that), but in my opinion cult has higher priority right now.

Nirur.
Here is a haiku
I'm not sure if it's good
Correct me if i fail

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 06, 2011, 08:31:43 pm »

5-7-5, not 5-6-7, MBP.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 06, 2011, 08:35:14 pm »

Here is a haiku
I'm not sure if it's good
Correct me if i fail
It is all wrong.

I do hate to admit it, but whoever said it was right - my having been blocked two nights in a row means that neither I nor Nirur Torir can be the revivocult leader. I'll unvote him for now, though it pains me to do so.

I sincerely think this is your third attempted method of dissuading me from voting you. It will be no more effective then the others.

You were voting me since you thought I was scum. You sound like you still think I was scum. Either you feel that the possibility of a revivocult is more of a threat then somebody you're convinced is scum, or you realized that you have no case against me.

My vote on you remains.

Spoiler: Pandarsenic questions (click to show/hide)

Archangel: Who do you believe is more of a threat, a possible revivocult or the scum? Why?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 06, 2011, 09:24:34 pm »

I'm concerned with the revivocult because it's getting more (potential?) members every time we lynch, you'll probably just get inducted when we lynch you, etc.

You already restated my case, if not with the actual demonstrations, so I don't see why you need me to. You got 2/2, which is 100%, which is an A+.

You DID defend Archangel, and you ARE scared of my claim or you wouldn't keep blocking me. That's 2/2, which is 100%, which is an A+ in behaving in ways I find scummy.

And re Jokerman, I was lazy. I had various reasons/justifications/excuses at various points but I never really felt like putting in the effort of reading all the shit about him. Kind of like how you clearly haven't read all (any?) of what I've posted against you since you said I never presented reasons.

I do not give a flying fuck if you're voting me, because without the capacity to use my night actions it'll probably take a really long time for me to actually die of votes.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 06, 2011, 09:26:22 pm »

I don't get it. Where am I stalling?

Well Irony thats a nice hit to my ego. Or that would be if I agreed with you.
I don't care what you think. You're a hindrance to your own team, or scum who's survived only through everyone else being scummy or lurky as well. You've contributed less than nothing.

Ottofar and Org, you're still not doing anything. Why not? Why are you ignoring my questions, Org?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 06, 2011, 09:29:14 pm »

Oh yes, and Pandar, could you please explain why you haven't done anything with your only scumpick? I might have missed some, but I don't remember any unprompted questions or scumhunting from you at Nirur.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 06, 2011, 10:27:56 pm »

Unvote Toaster: I still think your role is scummy, but I like your proposal to neutralise someone else in exchange for your own life. When we're closer to the end of the day, depending on who you choose to do this to, I may reevaluate my perceived scumminess of you. If you don't do it, though, then you're hanging for sure.

About the potential cult: as I said earlier, as far as I know there isn't one, but discussion about it is useful. Some thoughts:

Next up:  If there is a revivocult, who is the leader?[...]
First, who can't be the leader, and why:

Jokerman-EXE:  Dead and flipped.
Mr.Person, Zathras:  Died and flipped, then came back.
NativeForeigner:  Delayed N1 when there was a res.
Ottofar:  Modkill for inactivity, plus revive.  I was slow sending my action N1 and got threatened with this, so I am almost positive it's because he never sent an action.
Nirur Torir and Pandarsenic:  Nirur claims to have blocked Pandar twice, and Pandar confirms he was blocked at least once.
I disagree about Ottofar. He died and revived, the only difference is he didn't flip. I'd add him to the "revival oddities" list, rather than the potential innocents list. Wuba is many things, but generous I don't think is one of them.

Quote from: Toaster
Archangel has demonstrated his hammer power.  This makes him unlikely in my book to be the leader, as that would require Web to USE THE SAME UNUSUAL CUSTOM ROLE TWO GAMES IN A ROW.
Why does this apply only to Archangel, and not to the game in general? Last game, Arch was "Loki", a jester with the hammer power; ToonyMan was the "Webadict" revivocult... I don't see why you single out Arch here.

That leaves MBP, Irony, and Argembarger.  Personally, I say we lynch MBP and be done with him, and I can nuke one of the other two.
I'm OK with that plan. I'm fine with lynching whoever people seem to think is most likely to be the cult leader, barring someone scummier. However, from your list I'd choose Argembarger first, as he's scummier and possible Jokerman's scumbuddy even if not cultist.

For clarity, my scumpicks in order: Toaster, for reasons exposed D2; Pandar, for reasons exposed D2 plus recent waffling/uselessness (see below), but is boring to lynch him if he's just going to revive; Argembarger, for D2 scumminess and seeming like Joker's and Pandar's buddy; MBP & Org, general uselessness & vagueness, they bug me, plus Org was blocked the night there was no kill.

MBP: What can you say to convince us that you're not a cultist leader? Who do you think are Jokerman's scumbuddies, and why aren't you after them? You seem to think Pandar is some flavour or other of scum, so what do you propose to do about it?

Pandarsenic: I still think you are scum. Your laziness excuse about Jokerman doesn't pass the smell test, you've still failed to make a consistent case on anyone, and you haven't answered my previous questions.

Org: ...eh. Why bother asking you anything. Just know I think you're scum. Why? You said it yourself: you were blocked and there was no kill. Nurir claims to have blocked someone else. So mafiakiller is you.

Argembarger: I still think you are Joker's scumbuddy. Please tell me how you plan to convince me that's not so. While you're there, tell me your opinions on last night lack of a kill, of Pandar's "I was lazy" excuse, and on Toaster's claim. If you had a roleblock, would you use it on Pandar tonight? How about on Org? What do you say about you being a potential cultist? You haven't claimed any actions for N1 or N2 (that I recall); would you, to assuage suspicions of cult-recruiting? Please tell me your scum picks.

So!  Questions for everyone:  Were you blocked at any time N1 or N2?  Did you block Org?  Do you have any explanation for a lack of a kill last night?
No to all.

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 06, 2011, 11:27:21 pm »

MBP: Make that four things you missed.

I was not blocked day 1, but have been today, or rather i did my result from Web. Just so you know, i targeted Zathras.

I don't understand this.  Could you please clarify?

This is a nice plan, but it assumes that there is, in fact, a revivocult (and a few other things, like Org actually being roleblocked). Not only is ignoring people who can't be cult leaders dangerous, it leaves a lot of questions if we guess wrong.

You are correct- it does assume that.  That's why I advocate lynching MBP- I think he's just scummy period, as well as being eligible for cult leader.

I disagree about Ottofar. He died and revived, the only difference is he didn't flip. I'd add him to the "revival oddities" list, rather than the potential innocents list. Wuba is many things, but generous I don't think is one of them.

I'm more interested in the fact that he almost certainly didn't send in an action N1; that means he couldn't have revived you if he did nothing.

Archangel has demonstrated his hammer power.  This makes him unlikely in my book to be the leader, as that would require Web to USE THE SAME UNUSUAL CUSTOM ROLE TWO GAMES IN A ROW.
Why does this apply only to Archangel, and not to the game in general? Last game, Arch was "Loki", a jester with the hammer power; ToonyMan was the "Webadict" revivocult... I don't see why you single out Arch here.

Spoiler: BYOR 5 (click to show/hide)

See middle two abilities.

Native:  Got word back from Web- my delay target isn't notified.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 07, 2011, 01:13:42 am »

You are correct- it does assume that.  That's why I advocate lynching MBP- I think he's just scummy period, as well as being eligible for cult leader.

Toaster, please give me your impressions on the scumminess of Argembarger and Org, cult aside. Out of MBP, Arg and Org, which one is the most likely to be Joker's scumbuddy?

Quote from: BYOR 5
Webadict
(Day) King of the Mafia [target] [target]: Your targets' roles are switched. Their alignment will remain the same, however.
(Night) Kill Webadict Now [target]: Your target is revived and given the role of Webadict. This player has no abilities and joins your team. Attempting to recruit evildoers fails.
(Day, 1-Use) I Am Mod [target]: You can declare "I AM THE MOD." You will tell all the players to lynch the target. All players' votes will fall on the target only. Players will be told you are the mod.
Hidden: You are automatically given the Kill Webadict Now ability at the start of the game, regardless of which abilities you choose.
See middle two abilities.

Right, but Arch's "Hammer" didn't move votes around the way "I am mod" did, it merely ended the day with whatever votes there were... like say here:

Quote from: BYOR5
Loki (who was Archangel)
(Night) Shapeshifter [target]: You will look exactly like your target. Your team, role, and actions will look like the target's.
(Auto) Trickster: Players targeting you will assume their role failed. They will, however, receive the proper messages from inspects and such.
(1-Use) Mjollnir: After stealing Thor's Hammer, you can bring down the actual hammer when voting. To activate this ability, shout "HAMMER!" while voting to hammer when the player you vote for has the majority. The Day will end at that point.
Hidden: Your vote is worth nothing.

No, I don't think you can tie it to Arch; if the role/theme repetition is happening, it's a game-wide thing, not a player-only thing. But BYOR5 didn't have a Wall-Mart, or a Caligula, or a Gun, or Chernobyl... or ghosts, for that matter.

But speaking of Archangel: Dude, are you still playing? What are your impressions on the night, Joker's team, Pandar's shenanigans, and so on? Who are your scum picks? Can you tell us anything else about your role or your hammer?

Mod: Please prod or replace Archangel, I don't even remember his last post. Certainly nothing this year, let alone this day.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 07, 2011, 02:06:40 am »

I don't know. I haven't received a PM saying so, but since I'm unblockable it's possible that I wouldn't get one even if someone tried to. I don't have a block. No comment.

Archangel:  Are you the Webadcit?
Fuck no!

If someone asked you to roleclaim, would you?
Hell yeah!

Archangel: Who do you believe is more of a threat, a possible revivocult or the scum? Why?
I don't care, but probably a revivocult, because of things like the WIFOM about revives, and the fact that scum can be stopped two ways (Blocks and protections) whereas a revivocult would only be able to be stopped by a block.

But speaking of Archangel: Dude, are you still playing? What are your impressions on the night, Joker's team, Pandar's shenanigans, and so on? Who are your scum picks? Can you tell us anything else about your role or your hammer?
Technically, yes. In order: Meh; don't know; I still think he's scum. Other possibilities for scum are Argem and Org. Got no idea about anyone else. I got the hammer ability because of having the word "Warhammer" in my rolename.

Mod: Please prod or replace Archangel, I don't even remember his last post. Certainly nothing this year, let alone this day.
Hey, I asked for a replacement, but Web didn't act on my request so I withdrew it, even though I've stopped giving a damn about this game. You'll get no more out of me than this sort of post, due to me not caring about this and it being the middle of summer here, and thus often too damn hot to think.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 77