This can never be used again or removed

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
- 0 (0%)
WWWHHHHYYYYYYYYYY
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 30, 2011, 09:01:14 pm

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 252

Author Topic: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure. Rebecoming the greatness it never wasn't  (Read 507276 times)

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Voyage. Paint Adventure.
« Reply #1920 on: June 23, 2011, 11:52:31 pm »

No, no, no.  No killing without direct benefit.  The need to deal with another body would just mean another slowdown.

And . . . UGH, the map has revealed that our residence is in the opposite direction from the flight deck.  But if I'm reading it correctly, TQ-01 and TQ-02 are beyond the residence.  Or is that notation saying that they are in an unknown direction?  Ugh, again.

How close are we to the elevator?  If we are close, then keep going.  If not,

Get off the janitor thingy, just keep walking.

--Rexfelum

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: June 23, 2011, 11:58:11 pm »

In that case, head to the bridge and blow some holes in some pilot heads.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: June 24, 2011, 01:17:39 am »

In that case, head to the bridge and blow some holes in some pilot heads.
Then what you get the whole place under red alert then kill all the crew, which then you be stuck with 1 pilot and no one checking the engines, or repairing the ship(I don't doubt TQ-02 abilities just a ship filled with dead bodies is the best type of ship for Deadshapeshifters and we don't want DeadShapeshifters taking over the ship because one hot headed murderer went on a killing spree )?
best push your power on some helpless lowers so you can have a crew to fully run this vessel. besides TQ-02 can tweak that ride to go much faster once the small rebel group is formed.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: June 24, 2011, 01:26:19 am »

Mutes can still understand whats being said on average.

Yes I know, I meant that TP use Morse Blink so that we could have two sided conversations.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: June 24, 2011, 05:06:11 pm »

He would likely be deaf, not mute, if anything like that was messing with our communication. The guy isn't reacting to our vocal intimidation, silently or otherwise.

Anyway, we might want to go for some greater threat against the crew - is there anything near an escape pod that explodes really nicely? If so, we should really take that over, making sure to set up some strong defense there. Once we have control of the ship we can force the crew to fly it over to a less scrupulous sector of the galaxy. Space pirates know how to run ships, if you know what I mean, and are less likely to want to side with the revolution's new government. Plus they'd probably love immunity from the law once we're back in power (or an empty promise of it). Just make sure the pirates always know who's boss. Recharged power-armor might help with that. As a side note, we'll need some loyal stooges to help us run the new shadow government, ones that will preferably not start a democratic revolution. Pirates might fit that role.

Just finished reading the whole thing. Excited to start participating. Hopefully my suggestions won't suck.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 05:09:59 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: June 24, 2011, 09:55:43 pm »

The one known as peglegpengeuin brings up a good point.  What are Alpha Rauthaz's long-term goals?  We've got as far as "vengeance," and on that front I can't even remember the names of all the people in the shadowy government who need to die now.  Hmm.

Anyway, a thing:

less likely to want to side with the revolution's new government.

The government is, in fact, shadowy, so there is neither revolution (until TQ-03 gets further in her work) nor a public awareness that protection from shadowy folks would be helpful.  So that part won't work.

But I just did some research on what else we've seen from Alpha Rauthaz.  Oh ho ho:

You'll just gas them, you're immune anyway.

Tell me that Alpha Rauthaz has an internal poison gas delivery system on her ship.  Just tell me this.  And wherever the controls for that puppy are, head for the controls.  (Which is probably Alpha's residence!)

--Rexfelum

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 24, 2011, 10:56:08 pm »

TP What's her number aka TP-?? is a girl following from this line
Quote from: robocorn
You ask the janitor if she knows you can kill her right now.
This means we got two female sectoids cruising along down a commercial section of the ship, given the slightly silly faces from before no one in this hall would likely care about a guard being chuck at a janitor cart and their old leader/roomie riding in the cart. this must been another drunk session Alpha does daily, toss a guard, hitch a ride on a slow cleaning vehicle to her room, pass out on top of janitor who she hitch the ride on for a couple hours and wake up wondering why she smells like cleaning supplies and shame. This must been going on for awhile and the motives of the ones who exile her must been from that daily schedule the death of the patsy was means of fishing her out. We can't go to her room they probably rig it with explosives using the kegs of cleaning supplies she* store in there.  *alpha
"body swapping and YOU!"

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: June 24, 2011, 11:08:14 pm »

less likely to want to side with the revolution's new government.

The government is, in fact, shadowy, so there is neither revolution (until TQ-03 gets further in her work) nor a public awareness that protection from shadowy folks would be helpful.  So that part won't work.

It is my understanding that the government was two layered. On the surface was a bureaucracy, which assigned jobs and certain rights to citizens. Citizens are relatively aware of the surface bureaucracy and its various policies, including its use of droids in security and behavior modification. Below this was our shadow government, which acted in our best interest. Mostly this meant maintaining the various unfair policies of the bureaucracy that kept us in power. In other words, we blocked reforms that could ruin our advantage over the average citizen.

Rexfelum, when I say pirates are less likely to side with the revolution's new government, I meant the entire government system as of our leaving it. The average citizen is loyal to the surface bureaucracy, and unaware of who is running it from the shadows. Back in the good old days that was a good thing, since that meant they were indirectly loyal to us. Now loyalty to the bureaucracy has changed meanings, so there's no way for us to truly recruit the regular mindless/dutiful sectoid. Pirates were never loyal to the bureaucracy, and still aren't. In fact, they probably hate it for arresting and killing so many of them. They might even take joy in helping us initiate a civil war.

Point is we need a safe haven and some trustworthy friends. Closest we can get to either of those for now involves lots of pirates.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:10:50 pm by peglegpengeuin »

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: June 24, 2011, 11:41:39 pm »

make homemade gas grenades from cleaning products, chloramine gas is easist to make. but probably not immune from that patricular gas.

_
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 25, 2011, 12:28:46 am »

What Alpha holding on to again? From the looks of this animated picture
there both holding on to each other scared for their lives like the cleaner going by 90 mph

or that there a guard blockade down the hall with rocket launchers pointing in their direction, or a yogurt abomination just slip on board and their cruising down the hall to it, or the alpha in the middle of all this gore and death is really a not fit for this and wanted attention..
"body swapping and YOU!"

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 25, 2011, 12:49:31 am »

Rexfelum, when I say pirates are less likely to side with the revolution's new government, I meant the entire government system as of our leaving it.

No problem, no problem.  Just heading off any possible misinterpretations of the word "revolution."

--Rexfelum

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: June 25, 2011, 01:18:20 am »

Yeah, that's what I thought was happening. Sorry about that guys.

Anyway, gas grenades would be a good way to take out all the sectoids in big rooms at once, assuming we can make something strong that won't mess with us later. Gas grenades won't work on droids though - maybe we can make some explosive concoctions too? I don't think anyone rigged our former residence with explosives since the new government probably thinks we're still on that one space station. Someone else is probably occupying it - could even be the ship's captain. If we had anything nice in there that nobody knew about, it might be worth expending a few grenades to get a hold of. Hopefully nobody found and removed the internal gas-delivery system. We probably have an escape pod in there too. Oh yeah, and we need to keep the janitor as a hostage for now. No killing him.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 01:20:57 am by peglegpengeuin »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: June 25, 2011, 11:04:17 am »

In that case, pray to Yogurthulu for guidance and super powers.

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: June 25, 2011, 12:06:47 pm »

Gas grenades won't work on droids though

No droids in space!  No problem!

I don't think anyone rigged our former residence with explosives since the new government probably thinks we're still on that one space station.

And the work would have to have been done very, very quickly.  I still find it likely that Alpha Rauthaz's residence has it's own defenses to keep out intruders, so it is probably safe for our former-secret-de-facto-leader of the homestar system.

him.

Her.

--Rexfelum

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: June 25, 2011, 03:24:25 pm »

You attempt to communicate with the janitor via coded blinking.
On the off chance that you're dealing with a deaf-mute that
inexplicable avoided being filtered out from the application process.

You blink angrily at your hostage.

TP-Whatever blinks back at you submissively.
You have no idea what these blinks mean.
Either the blinking is meaningless or she's using a different cipher than you.
You're guessing the former.
This saucy janitor is messing with you.

She is damn lucky that you don't know how to drive one of these stupid things
You're way too tired to walk all the way there.
You'll be sure to replace her when you find another suitable hostage that
can drive one of these.

You make your way in the direction of your abode in the ship.
Your stockpile of weaponry, the controls for the nerve gas release ducts,
and your replacement circlets are all located there.

Really, you've been without a circlet for too long.
You just feel naked without one.

You stop as you approach the door to the atrium.
Even amongst all the filter plants, you'd bet that there'd be
a crowd in there that might recognize you.

You'll need more of a defense than just two Glivs.
Seeing the sanitation engineer storage facility you get an idea.

You get your hostage to use her clearance to unlock the door
enabling you to enter the storage closet.
You keep her in a chokehold to prevent her escape.

Skleekbort!
A jackpot of chemical cleaners and solvents.
You're sure that some combinations of these will serve as toxins or explosives.
With them you'll produce the weaponry that will get you through the atrium.

If only you'd remembered anything you'd been taught about chemistry.

Sorry for my absence. I'd been doing some time consuming stuff.
I've got some more ideas in my head too. It's good to see some new faces too. 
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 252