Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 141

Author Topic: Free Game List  (Read 612078 times)

Ametsala

• Bay Watcher
  • "needs chocolate to get through the working day"
    • View Profile
Re: Free Game List
« Reply #1530 on: November 12, 2021, 12:05:29 pm »

GOG's got a giveaway of Outcast

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 18, 2021, 12:37:40 pm »

epic store has 3 freebies this week
Guild of Dungeoneering (some kind of roguelike guild management and dungeon building with cards )
KID A MNESIA EXHIBITION ( seems to be a virtual tour of a gallery dedicated to a couple of Radiohead albums)
Never Alone (a platform/puzzler through some legends and stories of the Iñupiat people from Alaska )

Guild of Dungeoneering seems interesting, but while the "hand drawing" dungeons looks nice, the cards "illustration" is frankly ugly. I read a lot of review mentionning that while having potential it's rather shallow unfortunately.

next week it should be the impressive hunting game  "theHunter: Call of the Wild"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 12:40:45 pm by Robsoie »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: November 20, 2021, 07:02:53 pm »

I tried Guild of Dungeoneering. It's a grindy puzzle card game. Prepare to die and redo levels over and over until your luck is good enough to get through (and making sure that you have picked a good class for that dungeon). Maybe it will change later on in the game be so for I don't see anything other than slamming your men against a dungeon until you figure out the strategy and get good RNG.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 20, 2021, 07:09:54 pm »

I tried Guild of Dungeoneering. It's a grindy puzzle card game. Prepare to die and redo levels over and over until your luck is good enough to get through (and making sure that you have picked a good class for that dungeon). Maybe it will change later on in the game be so for I don't see anything other than slamming your men against a dungeon until you figure out the strategy and get good RNG.

I have the mobile version 100%'d (or 100% for whatever was released at the time; haven't touched it in years)... it's actually worse than that. Once you get a decent guy and have the right buildings, you can just steamroll the entire game with the exact same build. I thought it was solid enough for a bundled mobile game, but... well-- slightly different standards for something to wile away the hours sitting around in airport terminals.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 20, 2021, 08:35:44 pm »

Maybe the mobile game is different, because there can be a dungeon with tons of magic damage/defense, and another with tons of physical damage/defense. Some classes are just fit for some dungeons. And as far as I can tell, your guy only get's strong via two randomly selected traits. Gear resets.

Maybe certain classes are over powered, but the tier two buildings are locked behind 500 gold each, and you make less than 50 gold an adventure.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: November 20, 2021, 10:05:03 pm »

Unfortunately, my phone with the save has since died, but it involved a class that had blocks, heals, dealt both magical and physical damage, selective building unlocks to minimize lackluster equipment, and some trait that further limited RNG. Was whatever version the Humble Mobile Bundle from 2017 had.

Ultimately though, the game never got much more interesting than what you see in the first few minutes.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: November 21, 2021, 04:16:10 pm »

Ah yes that reminds me of the other problem. The most efficient way to play is to ignore a good chunk of the content. Don't unlock items so you can focus the RNG onto the items for a specific class, and thus ignore the items for other classes, thus ignoring those classes.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #1537 on: November 21, 2021, 08:01:46 pm »

I did download and tried GoD... but did not like it very much. Losing is not fun, winning not satisfying. Mechanisms of dungeoning are too simple and random to build an effective strategy, so all the meaningful decisions are made in the meta progression...

Also I think there's a trend in modern roguelites to find glee in the death of roguelike heroes, and that is missing the core element of what makes roguelikes satisfying ; you as a player know that you will probably lose because all odds are against you, but you're still trying to win, you're rooting for the underdog and seing it succeed against all odds makes the gameplay compelling.

GoD is just throwing shit at the wall until one of it sticks, complete with the game singing your failures and rewarding your death with meta progression.

Big meh.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: November 25, 2021, 12:00:49 pm »

This week epic store freebie is "theHunter : Call of the Wild"

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: December 02, 2021, 01:43:47 pm »

this week on the epic store there a mp-only thing "Dead by Daylight" and a puzzle game about making neural network "while True: learn()" .
can't say more about both as i'm uninterested by both.

next week it should be "Godfall Challenger Edition" that is apparently only a near-demo/small portion of a bigger game and in case you missed it when it was free on gog "Prison Architect".

well can't win every week :D

if you have an amazon prime gaming subscription (or get a free trial apparently), you can claim for free :
"Journey to the Savage Planet" on gog
"Frostpunk" on gog
"Football Manager 2021" on epic store
"NFS Hot Pursuit Remasterd" on origin
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:45:55 pm by Robsoie »

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: December 02, 2021, 03:52:03 pm »

GOG is also giving away Crime Cities
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: December 02, 2021, 04:40:33 pm »

Dead by Daylight is alright if you have someone to play it with, though that limits you to a survivor, otherwise it can be torturous, especially as killer.

They did update the matchmaking thing recently though, so once you play a few games it’ll at least put you with similarly ranked opponents, and they say it tracks your skill with each killer independently so if you’re good with one but horrible with another it won’t mess your matchmaking up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: December 02, 2021, 04:57:42 pm »

GOG is also giving away Crime Cities
Nice one, while i never heard about it looking at the screenshots the visuals reminded me a lot of good old g-police that i liked a lot back in the days.
After completing the tutorial, it has indeed some similarity (though the HUD is rather bad as in some of the resolutiosn it's a bit offscreen, hiding the radar by example) but overall it feels like a lower budget version of g-police.

Still a good freebie for your Blade Runner/5th Element flying cars/city roaming
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 05:01:52 pm by Robsoie »

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: December 07, 2021, 06:03:07 am »

Ubisoft are giving away Anno 1404 remaster until December 14th.

https://register.ubisoft.com/anno-1404/en-GB

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: December 10, 2021, 06:20:56 am »

This week on the epic store freebies are :
"Godfall Challenger Edition" (from what i read it's basically it's a stripped down demo of the endgame content of a game named "Godfall" )
"Prison Architect" (very good game from what i played on the gog version when it was released for free)

Next week is a "mystery game" , so apparently something "big".

edit : apparently there was some leaked information and "mystery game" should be
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 08:57:13 am by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 141