Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 473182 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #165 on: September 13, 2011, 07:55:33 pm »

I find myself preferring summoners and alchemist's, so don't know how hard Bill is with a strict crafter. Might be a good idea to leave the forest and go to the tower before facing him, maybe clear the arena.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 13, 2011, 07:56:44 pm »

6738 kills: Bill the Stone Troll

hes killed more players then any other monster/creature in the game. now that's just impressive. In fact hes the cause of over 4% of all player death.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 07:58:17 pm by Rift »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 13, 2011, 07:59:56 pm »

A lot of that was before he was a special encounter, though. Bill used to be where Prox is now, and just as tough as Bill currently is. I had a few hilarity moments when Bill used Knockback followed by rush for a two-hit instakill murdercombo.

I generally don't recommend doing Bill during your first trollmire go, though. It's fine to leave him alone for a while, come back later. The encounter scales with your level, so you won't really be missing out much.

It's particularly funny to take him down after you drop the Mire backup guardian. Level 40-something Bill is amusing :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 13, 2011, 09:36:29 pm »

Unlocked paradox mages legitimatedly. Wow, that was easy :D
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #169 on: September 13, 2011, 09:56:22 pm »

Yeah, I was a level 10 archmage at the time but that clearly wasn't high enough. :P

Didn't know he was the deadliest enemy in the game though, that's impressive.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 13, 2011, 10:30:16 pm »

How does digging work? I've got a pick, and have been trying to dig through a wall into the treasure troves I can see behind them, but after about 20 sets of swings, it still isn't open.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 13, 2011, 10:51:56 pm »

(Complete newb here)
I keep seeing people saying you can buy extra rune/infusion slots using category points... How?

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 13, 2011, 10:52:28 pm »

How does digging work? I've got a pick, and have been trying to dig through a wall into the treasure troves I can see behind them, but after about 20 sets of swings, it still isn't open.
Some rooms only let you dig on a specific tile.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 13, 2011, 10:53:56 pm »

Generally, vault walls are undiggable, though some vaults may have certain tiles within or around them that can be dug out. There's some issues in certain zones (Daikara, possibly one of the orc pirdes) with some tiles being diggable, and some tiles not, and certain actions occasionally causing tiles to switch between the two states.

As a general rule, however, a tile either can be dug out or it can't. If you finish a dig attempt completely (i.e. aren't interrupted by a monster), then if the wall can be dug, it will be dug. If it's not dug, then the wall cannot be dug out, period.

(Complete newb here)
I keep seeing people saying you can buy extra rune/infusion slots using category points... How?

Use a infusion while you've got a spare cat point and your inscription slots are filled up. It'll give you an option to buy a new slot with the cat point.
Ask not!
Ask!

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 13, 2011, 11:11:34 pm »

Thanks!
Another question: How do you deal with more items than you can carry? Is there somewhere to safely store things?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 13, 2011, 11:14:06 pm »

Thanks!
Another question: How do you deal with more items than you can carry? Is there somewhere to safely store things?
Vaults. Quite useful, I'm stockpiling all my metal gear in the old forest until I hit 20 and pick up stone alchemy. Though I've already got more money then I need.

Edit: Figures. Tempted to try every wall, but I doubt it. None look special and there are a lot of them. Will have to go back with some form of teleport control.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 13, 2011, 11:20:40 pm »

Thanks!

There's vaults, but better than that, you can also murder something to get a house. The house has a storage room that auto-organizes dropped junk for you! It also has some other neat stuff, like a library that lets you access all the lore you've ever found, on any character, and something you can enter to have a go at potentially challenging zones that give particularly (potentially) delightful loot. It's also where you find the transmogrification chest, which lets you convert junk you don't want into gold.  It's really nice.
Ask not!
Ask!

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 14, 2011, 12:21:00 am »

Why put a level 24 skeleton in a level 6 area? WHY!?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 14, 2011, 01:10:57 am »

You opened a vault?

(if so, that's why. Vaults are higher-level-than-you, by default)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 14, 2011, 01:21:20 am »

Where's that house Frumple?  I remember playing this about 6 months ago.  It looks like there has been tons of content added or I just sucked and didn't stumble into anything back then.  Also do monsters never respawn anywhere?  Curious because what would you do if you need to get stronger (grind)?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 163