Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 473268 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2011, 01:09:32 am »

Nope :D

At least not currently, anyway. Dunno about for the future.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2011, 01:36:15 am »

Off to an easy mode unlocking extravaganza then. :D

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 17, 2011, 01:58:17 am »

Made a Dwarf Fighter on Easy. That should help with the unlocking.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #273 on: September 17, 2011, 05:15:34 am »

Is there any difference between infusions and runes besides runes being arcane powered and as such considered magic?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 17, 2011, 05:21:19 am »

Sure. They run off different saturations, for one thing. The other thing is that undead can't use infusions. At all.

That's the major differences, though, that I can recall off the top of my head.
Ask not!
Ask!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 17, 2011, 06:44:10 am »

Good to know easy does not disable unlocks, i was playing on normal from fear of that.

Anyways, in a previous page i mentionned a -very- dangerous strong unique in Daikara that had the ability to cast Fearscape, launching you in a lava world that deal to you very high fire damage each turns spent there, often a death sentence.

On my previous Dwarf Berserker run, this unique and his fort populated by dozens of Giants was not in it, but i'm currently running with a Cornac Berzerker (at that point i feel the difference in XP you recieve as a Cornac instead of the lowered XP you recieve as a Dwarf as i'm 2 level better at Daikara as a Cornac than i was as a Dwarf) and encountered the Giant fort, in fact there are a Giant fort in 2 of the Daikara levels !

But this time i was prepared and didn't opened the door of the main building, i prefer to keep my character alive :D

If you encounter something like this in Daikara :

It should be where you're going to find the "I cast Fearscape on you and you die in a few turns from fire damage because you were logically having cold/electricity resistance instead of fire considering Daikara enemies are all about cold/electricity damage.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 17, 2011, 06:51:21 am »

Yeah, the snow giant villages are by and large unique to daikara. The big building always has a random-unique snow giant of some sort in it, along with a junkload of other snow giants and possible Burb. The random unique one can have corruptor levels (but usually won't) and potentially cast fearscape. It's not terribly likely, though, and there's considerably more dangerous things they can have than fearscape :P

There's some loot, though, and the random unique'll usually have solid drops. S'not bad to drop the place if you're able.
Ask not!
Ask!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 17, 2011, 07:09:07 am »

I think it's better to avoid the place on your original Daikara exploration and cleaning , then come back later when you have a few more levels, and have equiped item giving fire resistance instead of your usual cold resistance ones (and so a good idea to have cleaned the level before going in the giant fortress).

This should get you more chance to survive in case the unique has the Fearscape spell (and with the kind of luck i have, he'll always have it :D ) so you'll be able to resist the high fire damage (my character had a few fire resistance but he took a bit more than 70 fire damage by turn).

In this run i have been surprised by the Daikara end, there was the usual Daikara boss, but in the same room there was a 2nd one, a warg unique (fortunately much less dangerous than your usual uniques).

Good that i had a Cornac with 2 levels of experience more than when i was playing a Dwarf in the same situation, as the difference in level (and so skill points) really showed , making that battle (despite the presence of that 2nd unique) easier than before.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 17, 2011, 11:26:53 am »

Ok I just downloaded this to play it and WOW.  the UI and graphics have changed ALOT, it looks great!  Now, I remember the last time I played I played a shadowblade and I was kind of a glass cannon.  Are shadowblades pretty good now?  I'm reading the wiki and it says they're susceptible to magic dmg and stuff, any tips for that?

EDIT: Where are the save files located?  I'd like to save scum if I can.

EDIT2: Not sure if this is a bug, but all my skills on the lower bar disappeared.  I can still use them by right clicking on my character though.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:07:18 pm by Tnx »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 17, 2011, 01:17:00 pm »

Reply to edit 1: In .tome, in your home folder. Assuming you use linux. In windows it's in some user folder, I think.

Reply to edit 2: that's due to the mouse wheel.

Unrelated, but found some decent cursed advice in the other forums:
http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=27352
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 01:49:02 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 17, 2011, 02:32:33 pm »

I'm confused as to where I can stash my stuff.  The past discussion on here mentioned sealed doors.  Now on the first level of that korpul dungeon I opened a door that said something but I clicked twice and then it disappeared.  It had a boss skeleton inside and 6 smaller individual rooms that had items/skeletons in it.  Is that a vault?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 17, 2011, 02:42:08 pm »

Yes, you can stash items there until you get your home.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 17, 2011, 02:51:34 pm »

what does rampage do exactly?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #283 on: September 17, 2011, 02:52:51 pm »

Sure. They run off different saturations, for one thing. The other thing is that undead can't use infusions. At all.

That's the major differences, though, that I can recall off the top of my head.

I never actually quite figured out what the saturations did actually. Can't use any runes while a rune saturation is up, can't use any infusions while an infusion saturation is up?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 17, 2011, 02:58:40 pm »

They increase the cooldown counters
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 163