Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 473239 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #285 on: September 17, 2011, 03:02:47 pm »

Saturation increases the cooldown of the next inscription you use, basically. It stacks, too, so if you use an infusion while not saturated, it'll have the normal cooldown. The next infusion you use will have +1 cooldown, if you're still under saturation, the one after +2, etc.

Re: Rampage: The first talent gives you increased chance to crit for a period of time, while increase hate loss. Each talent after that adds something to the initial rampage active -- brutality increases the rampage duration and adds +damage (weapon power, I think) to the rampage, reflexes decreases rampage's cooldown and adds +global speed, and finally, instincts adds +accuracy and evasion to the rampage.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 17, 2011, 03:14:56 pm »

Is there any ways to save -only- when i want to save/quit the game ?

After a while it become to be frankly annoying to have you leaving a zone and the game is saving, then you notice you forget something, re-enter a zone, and it save again, leaving then ... save again.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 17, 2011, 03:21:15 pm »

Hmm so I'm seeing items that have the size +1 category.  Looked it up on google but couldn't find any info.  What does it mean?

EDIT: What potion is better from the halfling alchemist?  +5 luck or 2 class points? I'm an elf shadow rogue btw.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:25:32 pm by Tnx »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 17, 2011, 03:30:01 pm »

bear in mind that in theory you could get all of them, provided they dont get obliterated
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 17, 2011, 03:37:06 pm »

I don't get what you mean.  I can't seem to find a page on the wiki that tells me what luck is for either.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 17, 2011, 03:37:32 pm »

Is there any ways to save -only- when i want to save/quit the game ?

Not that I've noticed. You could definitely muck around with the code to get that sort of effect, but I've no clue how. The best you can do is get it to only save on zone change (and when you tell it to, of course). You could give a shout over on the T4 forums and request that. Dunno if it'd get in until the game's more finished, though -- a big reason for regular autosave is simply the aid it gives to testing and debugging.

Hmm so I'm seeing items that have the size +1 category.  Looked it up on google but couldn't find any info.  What does it mean?

It means you get one size category larger :P

Seriously though, it doesn't do much right now. There's some brawler talents that are messed with by size cat, but it's generally only meaningful for halflings (and yeeks, I think.). There's a few other talents that interact with size cat in various ways, but they're fairly rare.

What potion is better from the halfling alchemist?  +5 luck or 2 class points? I'm an elf shadow rogue btw.
Probably the class points. Luck is nice, but class points are considerably more scares than +luck kit.

I don't get what you mean.  I can't seem to find a page on the wiki that tells me what luck is for either.

It's at least theoretically possible to get five (or six, I think) potions from the alchemist quests, if you get really freaking lucky. It's probably not going to happen. Usually, you're only going to get three or four.

As for luck, it gives a little bonus to most things. +Acc, +dam, +SP, +saves, +other stuff. Unlike earlier ToMEs, it has no effect on item generation. It's actually pretty decent, but class points are considerably more decent, heh.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:40:10 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 17, 2011, 03:46:09 pm »

a big reason for regular autosave is simply the aid it gives to testing and debugging.

Yes, now that i think about it, this is making sense as it's always considered beta test.
I'm sure someone have certainly suggested this anyways, as when you play for a long time, the zone saving get very tedious (and i can't imagine enabling dungeon floor saving, having that occuring at each dungeon floor must be really atrocious).

Anyways, my Cornac berzerker is currently level 25 and surprisingly always alive (surprisingly because i have used the teleportation rune -a very lot- to escape less than 100 health/nearly death situation.

When i think the anti-magic path that should coming naturally to any fighter class lead into your character being unable to teleport/phase anymore, (and because it is needing lot of points invested in Willpower, will not make that much of a difference when being the target of spells considering fighters characters if they want to survive need to invest in Strength and Constitution) , it shows that this is a path really need a balancing rework to become actually an advantage instead of a crippling disadvantage.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #292 on: September 17, 2011, 03:46:58 pm »

Saturation increases the cooldown of the next inscription you use, basically. It stacks, too, so if you use an infusion while not saturated, it'll have the normal cooldown. The next infusion you use will have +1 cooldown, if you're still under saturation, the one after +2, etc.

Re: Rampage: The first talent gives you increased chance to crit for a period of time, while increase hate loss. Each talent after that adds something to the initial rampage active -- brutality increases the rampage duration and adds +damage (weapon power, I think) to the rampage, reflexes decreases rampage's cooldown and adds +global speed, and finally, instincts adds +accuracy and evasion to the rampage.

Ohhhhhhhhh okay, I get it now. Thanks. I'd read the description of the effect back when I started but I thought it meant the cooldown increased one for every time you use it period.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More questions!
« Reply #293 on: September 17, 2011, 03:47:15 pm »

Thanks for the answers, makes the game so much more accessible to newbs like me.  With that said, I have some more questions..

Infusions; if I wanted to upgrade does the infusion I use takeover one that I do not want anymore? EDIT (Never mind on this one, i save scummed to see what would happen)

Is price a good indicator of what equipment I should wear?

Alchemist quest:  4 stat points or 4+ to all saving throws?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:53:53 pm by Tnx »

Lmaoboat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 17, 2011, 03:58:54 pm »

I've made it a point to buy a shielding rune as soon as I have the money.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 17, 2011, 04:20:34 pm »

I wouldn't adventure (assuming i have Wild and Regen already) without my
-Healing rune
-Shielding rune
-Teleportation rune (or at least Phase if no teleportation is around)

Too bad it doesnt seem possible to wear more rune with unlocking more slots with sacrifice of a category point, or i'll add Movement and Invisibility too.

Currently trying Dreadfell with my level 25 Cornac Berserker.
The less i can say is that in comparison to the tier-2 quests i just finished and started the tier 3 quest (Dreadfell) , the jump in difficulty is rather high, while the elder and master vampire are managable, the major problem is the skeleton archers, they do so much damage that the other super undead troops seems laughable in comparison.
Even Daikara suddenly feels easy in comparison.

Oh and a question : is the item enchanting in the hidden mage village having any interest ?
The various gems i have been collecting so far does not seem to have anything remotely as good as what i find in dungeons , the most interesting gem so far would give an item a +6% resistance to all.
While nearly every items i use have more than that by default.

I'm not sure the shops are balanced yet too, out of the infusion/rune shop that i go to if i can't find early one of my wanted rune, i never found anything in any of them better than dungeon loots.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 04:22:22 pm by Robsoie »

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 17, 2011, 04:34:12 pm »

Hm I just bought a healing rune at level 6 that scales to my dex and heals 180 life for 5 turns, I thought that was a huge upgrade over my starting healing rune.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 17, 2011, 04:45:01 pm »

Dats a regen infusion, not a healing one, heh. Fairly different things. It's definitely an upgrade over the starting 60 hp one, providing the cooldown isn't drastically higher. Probably even then, actually...

Anyway, b34's out. Mostly a bugix/polish release.
Ask not!
Ask!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 17, 2011, 04:58:56 pm »

Yes !

(notice the archer summons shooting in their own friends back ;) )

I was battling him (and his unlimited amount of summons) for at least 10 minutes with my usual stair tactic (can't even imagine to have gone that far if it wasn't possible, using stair in battle saved my character too much time to count them).

But it was not rare for my character to get hit for 500 hit in a single turn while surrounding by the Master and his summoned strong minions (and that's where you really like the Shielding rune and the Wild infusion to prevent being killed in 2 turns), forcing me to retreat upstairs.
Would hate to take on the Master with a character that has much less health.

A big thanks to the Death Dance too, perfect in those surrounded situations (and dealing more than 300 damage to the unique in the same turn is very very usefull).

If it can be of any hint about how dangerous Dreadfell truly is, my character entered at level 24 , died 2 times (and i don't think i could have avoided it, as often it was in confused state), and after finishing the Master, that Cornac Berserker is now level 28.

edit : is it possible to use beta 33 saves in beta 34 or should i just wait until my character is dead to upgrade ?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 17, 2011, 05:02:45 pm »

Generally less effort and risk in just waiting until your character dies to upgrade. It's possible to get old version characters to load in newer versions, but it's fairly likely to cause problems.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 163