Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 473226 times)

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #375 on: September 25, 2011, 04:10:01 pm »

Location bug?

Metal gear?

Oh wait, the missing location bug. I've actually never ran into that. If it's only spellblaze I actually have a theory, which is there's a little piece of "charred land" down across the southern ocean, and if the location was set to only spawn on that specific land type, maybe it's spawning down there?

I dunno. I know nothing of coding. :P
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 04:22:24 pm by Seriyu »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 25, 2011, 04:31:27 pm »

I had thought that maybe the missing locations were spawning somewhere unreachable, but the thing is, I've seen them spawn and then disappear.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #377 on: September 25, 2011, 04:56:33 pm »

Hhhhhhhhhhhuh.  :o

You've reported it right?

EDIT: Okay, so I've blown clean through daikara and everything preceeding it and now the quest line is suggesting I go to dreadfell. Is this a good idea? I've heard it's almost better to go to the east before dreadfell and mark of the spellblaze.

On the other hand, my charecter is leagues above pretty much anything else (although I'm sure easier is helping with that). So I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:48:07 pm by Seriyu »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 25, 2011, 07:11:12 pm »

You cant go to the East before Dreadfell. You dont need to do spellblaze, though.

What level are you?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #379 on: September 25, 2011, 07:47:40 pm »

I'm 26 right now. I'm also on easier/adventurer for unlocks and also seeing how all this plot wraps up as. Dwarf warrior.

Running through farportals right now at the advice of the chat.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:51:32 pm by Seriyu »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 25, 2011, 08:33:11 pm »

I've never played warriors. I was able to do dreadfell with an alchie about that level, but I was pretty high in the golem trees by that point :)

It would be cool if the necromancers were granted a "ritual" tree, as suggested. As of now they're a bit lacking.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #381 on: September 25, 2011, 08:56:37 pm »

All righty, I'll head up there now then. Just finished the dark crypt, didn't manage to save the lady but it definitely looks possible, and maybe if I'd gotten step up I could've done it, as the main issue was chasing the casters around.

I also forgot about the two wands of flames I was carrying around for that specific reason which certainly didn't help. :P

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 25, 2011, 09:58:04 pm »

A warning about interdisciplinary approaches to would-be necromancers: Bathe in light HARMS your minions. By extension, I assume that both bathe in light and healing light will harm you once you lichify.

Barrier is probably alright as an instant shield spell for the whole game, though.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #383 on: September 25, 2011, 11:03:15 pm »

Just took down dreadfell, but the fact that I had trouble with it on easier and had to stairscum should say something about it I suppose. :P

Story's picking up and thank goodness for it.

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 26, 2011, 08:10:56 am »

I've never played warriors. I was able to do dreadfell with an alchie about that level, but I was pretty high in the golem trees by that point :)

It would be cool if the necromancers were granted a "ritual" tree, as suggested. As of now they're a bit lacking.

If you want extra generic trees I suggest getting the fateful aura (graveyard curse) or hex (siding with the grand corruptor) trees. Pacification Hex is pretty useful.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 26, 2011, 08:17:42 am »

I've never found how to use the hexes after siding with the corruptor. You can't get vim, so how are you supposed to cast?

Dr.Feelgood

• Bay Watcher
  • The Dwarven Barricade
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 26, 2011, 08:28:02 am »

Spend a category point to unlock the tree and spend a generic point on Pacification Hex. It'll give you a vim bar.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: September 26, 2011, 09:44:13 am »

Yeah, but how do I fill the vim bar without sanguisuge talents?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: September 26, 2011, 09:51:16 am »

Kill things. You get a minor amount of vim plus 1 per 10 willpower for every critter you murder.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: September 26, 2011, 11:06:49 am »

Bah. My character can't get onto the world map without crashing. He just unlocked Doomed too :(
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 163