Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 163

Author Topic: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal  (Read 473139 times)

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
Re: Tome 4: Tales of Maj'Eyal
« Reply #1545 on: January 11, 2014, 07:03:39 pm »

Pretty sure it's a normal shielding rune, that just happens to reflect stuff, or at least I didn't notice anything odd while using it for the majority of my Archmage win.

Also ahahahahahahahahahahah

Killed the poor bugger in a single Flurry. The actual number of hits is more than a screenfull. Eight physical crits, 7 separate casts of Earthen Missiles and 5 extra hits from Greater Weapon Focus. At level 34. People might be right about AB having insane damage.

Now where to find literally all the resists in the world, because I will most certainly need them in a second.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: January 11, 2014, 07:03:39 pm »

Thank you !
I didn't knew that you could buy the unlocking of the tree instead of using a category point., that cat point will then be very used in a very usefull way.

For the lichform, i thought it was retroactive, thanks for the warning, that's very annoying that it's not.
Hmm, doing graveyard early will be intense.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: January 11, 2014, 07:41:04 pm »

It looks like my past characters nice clearing of lake of nur just triggered the "angry code" of ToME4.

reaching level 20 i decided to give a try to getting into my fortress before Daikara and Urkis.

After clearing the water level, i go down, and the stair is in the middle of a big room with 6 Devourers and 3 luminous horror.
They do not seem to care at all about cold or darkness, from my attempt.
Then a Blade Horror come, hey it's a rare, as i'm not going to win this one, i ponder about just going up the stairs or teleport and with some lucks getting near the stairs to my fortress.

I decide to take the risk and teleport.
Bad idea.
I get into another big room, 9 devourers ! i see 2 luminous horrors (so there's a 3rd in the fog certainly) and 1 worm that walk.
And guess what, it's a rare too !

Yeah, when the game decide to kill your character, it just does it...

From the look of it, it will take a lot of levelup to be able to face what's preventing me to find the stairs down to my fortress.

(oh and during other dungeons exploration again i get below 0 health -a lot- but still didn't lost a life yet, only lake of nur just got one)
Minion-less necromancer have it really much harder than with minions.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: January 11, 2014, 07:53:20 pm »

Thank you !
I didn't knew that you could buy the unlocking of the tree instead of using a category point., that cat point will then be very used in a very usefull way.
Mmhmm... it's also worth noting that you can go straight to the unlocked state for 500 -- no need to spend the initial... whatever that was... to see the locked cat. Afterwards, if it's anything like mindstars, you can sink in another 750 gold (for a total of 1250, but considering it's the equivalent of two cat points that's kinda' cheap, ha.) to bump the mastery up to 1.3, after you've bought the unlock. The mindslayer I'm running now got the full buy in price... before level twenty, I think. Doesn't take too long.

Would have got it sooner if the zig patrols weren't infecting the world map like lice and murdering all the adventurer parties. This character hasn't seen anything hostile on the world map since like level six (currently 27, and has spent several sessions just walking back and forth between the normal party spawn points for 5-10 minutes straight). Any advn parties that spawn get killed off before I can find them :-\

... I'd really kinda' like to grind a bit for more willpower/mindpower boosting stuff, too. Gotta' get uberkit to boost that reshape to yet more beautiful levels <3
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: January 11, 2014, 08:00:32 pm »

Well, at the time i bought the tree i didn't had 500 yet, i thought those further purchase were just about improving the tree level, not doing an unlock at 500.

Since a couple of version it looks like the adventurers are now rather rare on the world map, but there's a lot more zigur patrol than before too.
Not sure if it's intented or some kind of recently introduced bug.

I'm not sure my minionless necromancer will do a lot more, while he only died once in a silly hellish lake of nur spawn configuration, i'm very concerned by the amount of time , despite i play it very cautious with shields like an archimage , i got below 0 health.

I have yet started Daikara or Urkis that are a bit harder than what i ran until now, and if it continues in that constant near death situations from half the battles i got, i wonder if i will even get to Dreadfell without running out of life as difficulty increase by then.

Hopefully i'll get my hands on some better items soon, that would be helpfull.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: January 11, 2014, 08:03:56 pm »

Have you tried animus ... ah... whatever the animus skill is that lets you permanently mind control rares? The third one, I think. If you're fastidious with that and grab the sturdiest baddie you can, they should take some hits for you and take the pressure off.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: January 11, 2014, 08:06:03 pm »

Didn't thought about that, you mean the animus husks ?
all i used from animus was the 1st skill (a good healing using souls) so far

I hope the husks have been fixed though.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: January 11, 2014, 11:02:38 pm »

Yeah the husks. What was broken about them? I had minions so I skipped the skill, but I've heard good things about using it on "minionless."

EDIT: To avoid double-posting...

Spoiler: I like Vital Shot (click to show/hide)

My Temporal Warden needed a strong single-target attack, so there it is. It's not arcane blade-level, but I'm pretty happy with it so far, since I can fire those off at long range and port away at will. Several times.
Side-note: Temporal wardens are hilarious. Between slow, temporal stun, archery stun, Shalore speed boost, my cloak speed boost, an optional ring with speed boost, and some boots... with speed boost! I can pretty much pincushion almost anything before it gets CLOSE to killing me. I may even go crazy and get the class-specific speed boost.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:21:12 am by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: January 12, 2014, 03:48:49 am »

That's actually a pretty nice single-hit attack!

Back in the primordial age of b042 when I tried a temporal warden, the only problem was it was like an archer, but a lot more boring, since you hit really fast for little damage. From what I'm seeing the problem is fixed :D I suppose the main stats are Str Dex and Mag?

Damn it people stop making me want to try another class, I've been playing way too much Tome as it is!

What character level is that in your screenshot Dark
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 12, 2014, 04:05:21 am »

I usually build TWs Will/Mag/(Other), with other depending on the build. Archer warden can skimp more on the willpower, though. More melee-centric one (or even a most hybrid leaning) probably wants willpower for the extra strength. Still, I'd wager the better of archer wardens end up Will/Mag/Dex for their three sixties, and end up with a hefty amount of non-bow (i.e. spells) ranged usage to take advantage of their eventually ridiculous magic (and thus spellpower) score. Temporal classes in general are will/mag primary, since most of their stuff scales off one, the other, or both.

S'really one of the things I like about wardens... same as with mindslayers, actually. Being able to set some of your other stats (Magic and Strength in the case of the Wardens, Str/Dex for slayers) scaling off others (Will for wardens, will/cun for slayers) makes for delicious double-dip shenanigans. Wardens have been toned back a lot from the glory days, though. I still remember fondly breaking 200 magic (or was it 250...) with my first warden winner...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 04:08:35 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: January 12, 2014, 04:19:46 am »

40 then, 41 now.

The stats I went with were Dex > Mag > Wil ~ Con.
Str and Mag bonus comes from sustains which you need Will for, and it's not all that bad for paradox since you don't need to cast often during a fight. I've never played an archer, but the early game TW *is* a little slow/dull before you can support all the magical time toys... but...

And with that thing I've gotten some 1200+ nova spells, even with sacrificing so much +mag gear for raw HP (doing prides, can't be too careful). I'm SO tempted to toss that thing in the vault and make a paradox mage when this game is over.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 12, 2014, 05:32:40 am »

Ok guys I need your help here.

So I read on the SA forums that you could turn Smooth Creature Movements to 0 and disable the Smooth fog of war. Turned them off, tried it, didn't seem to matter much so I turned fog back on since it was pretty and left movement to 0. This is literally the only thing I changed since yesterday.

Now nearly every attack I'm getting the following error:

And this is what my combat log looks like. It appears I'm hitting myself with my stone missiles for some reason?

Anyone, help? Or what do I do to get help? This guy was doing pretty decently and I don't really want to lose him if possible  :'(

edit : Oh yeah just noticed, when I get this error on using Flurry, it doesn't go on cooldown, just hits me for some bleeding damage.

edit : Ok this is getting more complex. Read on the Tome4 forums about a guy who, upon equipping gloves, noticed his attack speed drop to 80% on the general screen, and normal on the attack tab. Mine is the same, and I'm using the StormBringer gloves which apparently have 500% attack speed on themselves?

I'll try to see if the gloves are borking my game.

Hmm... it seems all my gloves are borked. The Brawler's gloves I had in my backpack suddenly have -1000% attack speed.

re-edit : OK I THINK I GOT IT!

So I'm using Shantiz the Stormblade - that dagger that has a chance of destroying projectiles. Yesterday this wasn't happening at all. I'm not sure if the gloves had frakked attack speeds yesterday either, I didn't pay any attention.

However I suppose the dagger targets my own Stone Missiles and ... they hit me? And the talent doesn't go on cooldown because of ... reasons? I'll try to report this on the forums, see what happens.

I'm currently using some shitty random dagger I have lying around, and my damage has dropped a bit, but at least I don't appear to be getting the error. Eh.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:20:55 am by Graven »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 12, 2014, 08:37:43 am »

I got plenty of those errors message with my 1.1.4 Marauder and my 1.1.5 Arcane Blade, happening sometime with simply hitting, when hitting with Rush or when hitting with Flurry.

Started only to happen roughly during Daikara for both my characters and never ceased after that, it wasn't all the time fortunately (or i would never have continued to play the Marauder up to the end), but still regularly and very annoying.
I reported all as i was online, hopefully will get fixed next version.

@Darkmere, not all the husks were broken, but if you managed to husk some boss, the quests related to their defeat would never complete, and so in some condition you could simply make your game progression completely stuck.

And when you necro die, you take control of the husk, like a golem, except that in some condition if you got a creature that deal too few damage to kill itself with its natural regen, that you cleared a level of all enemies and with the fact that husks can't leave a level by themselves, you're stuck on such level forever as unlike a golem there's no autodestruct ability.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: January 12, 2014, 09:10:58 am »

That decrepitude disease can be as dangerous as an impending doom, except that decrepitude disease is not as rare as impending doom in the hands of various enemies.

The low health characters i played always had a lot of problems with that nasty effect.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 12, 2014, 01:07:05 pm »

Wow.  I just came on here to complain about the same thing.  A level 6 mage in these elven ruins in a vault casted decreptitude on me and I took 45 blight damage a turn, for 8 turns.  How the heck is a level 8 character supposed to survive that...
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 163