Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 705301 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2520 on: November 26, 2011, 09:30:52 pm »

I like the title- It puts me in mind of the crappy mouse I'm using at the moment! :P DAMN YOU SCROLL WHEEL!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: November 26, 2011, 09:32:24 pm »

I've spent the last 7 hours making this and I KNOW there are still some mistakes and inconstancies. I also need some advice on whether to switch to a d100 system and how to do combat with multiple combatants. Also going to have to change the Defence stat now that I think of it.

Oh, and I butchered some of adwarf's RTD to make this.

Roll to Scroll- An Elder Scrolls Game
Spoiler: Plot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Races (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Breeds (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Birthsigns (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat Example (click to show/hide)
If possible I'd like to reserve a spot in this. I don't have the cash for Skyrim and this looks really awesome.
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: November 26, 2011, 11:20:20 pm »

micelus you didn't butcher it you minced it.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #2523 on: November 26, 2011, 11:28:17 pm »

Player versus GM RTD: GOD IS PISSED

Obviously there would need to be some pretty strictly-defined rules on the GM's side.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: November 27, 2011, 12:01:01 am »

micelus you didn't butcher it you minced it.

I'm taking that's a good thing? Regardless, I still have to edit a few things.

And Spartan, I'm not taking reserves for this, sorry. Besides, I'm not hosting this until my other RTDs conclude some how. Screw that, so what if I have 19 players to roll for!? Thread will be up soon.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 12:15:42 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: November 27, 2011, 12:27:16 am »

Hehehe, I am such an impulsive spender... Well, at least I'll have plenty of inspiration for Blacktree Trail now, having just bought three pennywesterns (Kinda an outdated name, since they cost like $3 new, or $2 secondhand) and a novel called The Sisters Brothers by Patrick DeWitt.
Now I have enough literature to last me far into the forseeable future!... Not much money though, but ah well. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: November 27, 2011, 02:06:07 am »

On another note, should I just put up NPC's for Roll to Hack now, or are there still any more interested folks?
Personally, the first main obvious reason I'm not joining is because of the bad format of the first post. Using the code tags just makes it... well... annoying to read, at least for me.

Second, there's no story at all. No introductory, no single liner, no nothing, so I have no idea what the hell is happening.

If those two things are changed, then I may think about signing up. Emphasis on the "think".
Ok, I'll fix the story thing, maybe change some code tags to quotes/spoilers...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Spartan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: November 27, 2011, 01:36:34 pm »

I saw on the last page that someone did a Shattered union rtd. Would anyone join if I ran another one?
@ Spartan - For some reason I am imaging you as Master Chief sitting at a computer drinking tea, and eating cookies. I don't know why

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: November 27, 2011, 03:05:12 pm »

I saw on the last page that someone did a Shattered union rtd. Would anyone join if I ran another one?
I don't know what that is.

Ok, I'll fix the story thing, maybe change some code tags to quotes/spoilers...
I don't know what this is either. I mean, I grasp that you're hackers of some variety, but I have no idea what you're supposed/able to do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: November 27, 2011, 03:07:24 pm »

It's very freeform, if you can get me a wikipedia/whatever page explaining it you can do it. :P
Basically hackers try to hack computers, anti-hackers try to stop hackers by hacking the hackers' computers, users try to not get hacked. Or, do whatever you want. :P

I will try to get to it today, after compiling and debugging this freaking code i have to work on, or tomorrow.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: November 27, 2011, 08:19:02 pm »

Wait, I'm going to postpone Roll to Bay12: The Second to do a different setting. I was struck by inspiration in the form of fantasy steampunk.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: November 27, 2011, 11:54:19 pm »

Anyone thought of an RTD based on the TV show Eureka ?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: November 29, 2011, 12:28:47 am »

After a recent player action sidetracked me into watching a bunch of music videos on Youtube, it occurs to me an RTD where you try to survive the bizarre world music videos take place in could be quite entertaining.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: November 29, 2011, 12:34:25 am »

That would be kind of interesting. Frigate Sky Searcher (FG&RP) and talking to Digital led to me watching Rammstein's "Du Hast" video again and I have no clue what the hell is happening in it. It's like watching the turning point of a movie without any idea what happens before and after. So... an RTD based on videos like that (I mean specifically videos that are odd like the one i mentioned before, Garbage's "Special," The Psychedelic Fur's "Pretty in Pink," Filter's "Take a Picture," and not the standard music videos that are just the band playing on stage / in the desert / etc) would be pretty cool.

Sidetracked note: Listening to Du Hast while playing the Bait and Switch quest in Dragon Age 2 actually syncs up pretty well. >.>

Sidetracked note 2: The planes in "Special" are badass. ^^^

Amendment Edit: As for the TPF "PIP," I mean the original video, not the one that was released after the movie Pretty in Pink came out. The second video is basically just movie clips.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:27:14 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: November 29, 2011, 12:37:40 am »

'Rocket' by El Presidente. That is all. 8)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 661