Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702346 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1140 on: July 13, 2011, 02:01:33 am »

Way to copy paste from the TES wiki. :-\
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 13, 2011, 02:12:24 am »

Way to copy paste from the TES wiki. :-\
Well this is the same timeline just farther in the future, so the Fighters, Mages,and Thieves Guild would still have the same history besides since it was the Imperial City that was destroyed the Guilds wouldn't have been hurt due to the fact that they had no guild in that city, so it really didn't effect the guild that much, and not much happened in the time span before the orcs came back besides teh founding of The Shield, and Demon's Circle which wasn't big enough to effect the guilds.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 13, 2011, 06:31:29 am »

They would have the same general history, but Fighters and Mages would have a change in leadership, mages would have lost the Arcane Universeity, and the Brotherhood is all sorts of effed over, likely rebuilt at this point, but still messed up. Theives is the only one unchanged, mostly becouse of the enchantment on the grey fox cowl, and even then they had an HQ on the Waterfront which would have been lost.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 13, 2011, 06:33:34 am »

They would have the same general history, but Fighters and Mages would have a change in leadership, mages would have lost the Arcane Universeity, and the Brotherhood is all sorts of effed over, likely rebuilt at this point, but still messed up. Theives is the only one unchanged, mostly becouse of the enchantment on the grey fox cowl, and even then they had an HQ on the Waterfront which would have been lost.
Yep but you guys haven't found those entrys yet, so you wouldn't know any of the specifics.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 15, 2011, 09:28:33 pm »

Looking back I feel extremely stupid for making the Fallout RTD rules what they were, I mean honestly why did I make it so that if any attribute was changed I would have to re-calculate all of the skills.

Anyways next RTD idea, Roll to Bay12. Basically the player's join and play as their internet personalities, i'll make up abilities based on the person. They then play in Bay12, with each of the subforums being a place to go, and each one has their own mechanics. If they decide to go to the Mafia subforum, a few people would be choosen as mafia and they would get an extra ability. Alternatively they could go to the RTD subforum and they roll to see if they succeed, twice for the lol's.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 15, 2011, 09:35:31 pm »

Okay... though is there any objective?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 15, 2011, 09:41:30 pm »

The Prince Toad has been kidnapped and we have to go through each of the castles conveniently located in each subforum, only to have threetoe emerge and tell us that the Toad is in another castle?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 15, 2011, 09:51:56 pm »

The Prince Toad has been kidnapped and we have to go through each of the castles conveniently located in each subforum, only to have threetoe emerge and tell us that the Toad is in another castle?
GENIUS!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 15, 2011, 09:54:08 pm »

GENIUS!

Lol, Reserve me if you make it.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 16, 2011, 04:45:02 am »

Hoo boy. So pre-inned

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1150 on: July 17, 2011, 02:18:24 pm »

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
the RTD

Spoiler: The Setting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ganmen Creation Form (click to show/hide)

The idea is to do a Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann story from the beginning and fight back the Anti-Spiral, starting out underground and working up bit by bit towards Teppelin Tower were the Drill is. Only this time there is no beastmen to fight but rather overpowered Sleepers. Fortunately the players will "find" some ganmen's as soon they escape from the ground and the Sleepers won't be summoning several Vectors at once. On their way towards Teppelin Tower they might find evacuated facilities were ganmen supplies can be looted. As soon as the Drill is in possesion transformations towards Trancendant Tengen Toppa   (team name)  can be made. I also thought of having some alien alliances with some sort of ganmen's of their own such as Karada's (body), Te's (hand) and Ashi's (foot). That would mean no need for the Drill to do the combinations but I have no idea how they might look like, or work for that matter.

And no. I won't host it, just an idea that popped up when I fiddled around with Hexographer. Also, I suck at spelling with grammar flying through the window and balancing the gameplay mechanics is hard when I've only been thinking on this for just an hour.

Almost forgot, game is played with a d6 normally, unless you play as a Type B in which case a d8 is used.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 17, 2011, 02:22:08 pm »

Cool that is really intresting anyone going to host?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 17, 2011, 02:23:20 pm »

Hexographer looks pretty cool.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 17, 2011, 02:27:15 pm »

I'll join. Just give me the time to think of name, description, and basically anything else.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1154 on: July 17, 2011, 02:33:15 pm »

Yeah, I was thinking of doing a FRSC TBS (in Forum Games and Roleplaying) with Hexographer but as my mind wandered away towards others ideas I ended up with this idea.

I might do that FRSC TBS anyway but I have other ideas I need to write down and make them known. Have two other more concrete game ideas I have yet to finalize, one being a freeform GRINDING, NO-PLOT, NO REAL REWARDS, ascii graphic as a novelty hook gladiator game and one Final Fantasy I - VII or Tactics type of game, still with ascii graphic.

The gladiator game is almost something I can do, but there is no story, no rewards more than PVP and really, you are grinding for virtual skills and attributes only.

The Final Fantasy has no plot either.

I suck at storytelling.  :-*

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 661