Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702431 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1350 on: August 15, 2011, 02:30:14 pm »

For skills in the first world which will be a apocalypse one instead of normal abilites the players will gain mutations (Four Arms, Third Eye), or powers (Telekinesis). As for skills I was thinking that the more a character did a specific thing then the further they get into gaining a bonus into that particular thing such as repeatedly using a sword in combat might score you a +1 bonus (These Bonuses going up to a max of two, three if I switch to a 1d10 system). These boosts will happen only rarely, and will become rusty if unused, but if you go so long without using it you lose the bonus all together (30 Turns without doing that particular things seems reasonable right.). Since the bonuses are so rare you will get most roll boosts from items, and artifacts you find in each world, and before we change worlds I will set up a poll with varying themes that you can choose from. Does that sound good to you guys ?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 15, 2011, 02:47:57 pm »

Sounds workable.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Rentorian

• Bay Watcher
  • It's amazing what you can do without a conscience
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: August 15, 2011, 03:54:15 pm »

My only question is that do you have to do something well several times, get a certain roll, in order to get the bonus.  Proving that you have the skill to do things properly, or a base total of times doing something showing that you're learning from what you do no matter how badly you do it?
Also I'd like to join the game when you start it.
Sometimes I find myself sitting around asking myself, "Why?"
Then I come to my senses and respond "Well why the hell not?"

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 15, 2011, 04:53:09 pm »

I would also like to join when it's up. Reserve me a spot? :)
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 15, 2011, 05:01:40 pm »

Bonuses will be gained at about 8 or so Overshoots, or 28 4, or highers

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: August 15, 2011, 07:29:57 pm »

So, I'm completely unsure of how this would work, unsure if I'm missing something that should be in, unsure if this is even readable, and unsure if these spoilers should be arranged better but since I'm nearing very close to the deadline I'll post it so you guys can decide. Should we start with this or is there anything bothering you?

Yes, for a simple game there are a lot of spoilers. The main reason is because I'd rather explain a lot of stuff before starting instead, and not a lot of things relate too much.

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: How I will roll (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Body creation (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gender (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Goal (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: About dragons... (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dragaracter sheet (click to show/hide)

Players:
1: Talarion
2: Aklyon
3: Dermonster
4: Repulsion
5: Digital Hellhound
6: Freeformschooler
7: KineseN
8: Elfeater
9 TEMPORARY SPOT, WILL DISAPPEAR AS SOON AS SOMEONE BITES THE DUST: Dwarmin

Waiting list:
IronyOwl

If you want to, you can start creating your dragon now.

And if you want more options for body creation, tell me.

Also, we need to pick a scenario.

Spoiler: Scenarios (click to show/hide)

If you can think up better scenario, go ahead.

Now, I hope you're all excited and wanting to play, because I obviously won't get to play it myself. :'(

If not, then you could always... I don't know... start one up yourself? ;)

Anyway, should I start now? Or did I horribly screw something up?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:42:27 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 15, 2011, 07:33:59 pm »

I'll take the eightth spot
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: August 15, 2011, 07:36:38 pm »

DAMN. Put me on the waiting list, then. Actually reading stuff now.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 15, 2011, 07:44:18 pm »

Oh god, don't tell me dragons now use stupid amounts of Ts instead of Ss. D:

Anyway, done for both of you.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 15, 2011, 07:45:14 pm »

Oh god, don't tell me dragons now use stupid amounts of Ts instead of Ss. D:

Anyway, done for both of you.
Sorry finger slippage
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: August 15, 2011, 07:46:49 pm »

Holy crap so much words and stats.

Hmm...
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 15, 2011, 07:50:52 pm »

Alright, read it and think the following:

"What exists" spoiler is kind of handy.

Arbitrary stat changes sounds fine.

I don't see the point of the massive penalties for over-90 Str, especially as none of the other stats have any such thing. Might want to drop that.

You might want to specify exactly what the differences between evil/cruelty and trustworthiness/honor are. It seems almost like goals/methods or something, but it's not really clear other than mentioning that they're different. Honor is especially vague because "sneaky and cunning" versus "a knight" can be interpreted a lot of different ways.

I think body stats should generally be more balanced in terms of tradeoffs- I'm not sure I can imagine wanting Toughness or Agility so much that I'd take one of the non-neutral spine options, for instance. Then again, I like to be well-rounded.

I don't think the gender-specific appearance thingies have much purpose. Most NPCs aren't going to know or care what gender we are anyway. I'd suggest scrapping them.

Also, I'd be more than happy to supply you with interesting fantasy games and/or creatures from said games.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 15, 2011, 07:52:12 pm »

Hmm...
The words aren't all that important, and are mostly letting you know that horrible curses exist and such.

The stats are a little complex, but probably not that big a deal anyway. The appearance/bodybuilding thing is heavily compartmentalized, and you probably know what options you want once you get your concept down anyway.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 15, 2011, 07:54:14 pm »

Aside from what Irony's said, it looks good Tarran.

Edit: How will a dragon learn magic? I spy "Become a high-mage dragon" in the goals
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 07:57:45 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 15, 2011, 08:01:32 pm »

Hmm...
Words, the bane of your existence?

Stats, the bane of your patience?

Well, a lot of it is mostly flavor. Very little rules to put in your head. The stats are kinda necessary so I can tell myself how NPCs should react to you rather than having to remember what you are like.

Most of the words are just so you don't have to ask me mid-way in the game. Also for keeping myself from breaking canon.

Just look at it as if it was, say, a story of some sort. Maybe that will help.

I don't see the point of the massive penalties for over-90 Str, especially as none of the other stats have any such thing. Might want to drop that.
It's where your muscles are so large that they are actually getting stuck against other parts of your body.

You might want to specify exactly what the differences between evil/cruelty and trustworthiness/honor are. It seems almost like goals/methods or something, but it's not really clear other than mentioning that they're different. Honor is especially vague because "sneaky and cunning" versus "a knight" can be interpreted a lot of different ways.
Well, kinda hard to explain.

Being cruel doesn't necessarily mean you're evil. And vice versa. You could be evil and still be 'nice'... just have evil goals.

Trustworthiness vs honor... well, damn, looks like I'll have to go through a massive research spree.

I think body stats should generally be more balanced in terms of tradeoffs- I'm not sure I can imagine wanting Toughness or Agility so much that I'd take one of the non-neutral spine options, for instance. Then again, I like to be well-rounded.
The body stuff is mostly for flavor.

As for balance, go ahead and suggest balance then! I'm not exactly the master of balance to tell you the truth!

I don't think the gender-specific appearance thingies have much purpose. Most NPCs aren't going to know or care what gender we are anyway. I'd suggest scrapping them.
NPC dragons will know. And once people notice your voice sounding not-as-gruff, they will see you as a female and thus differently.

Also, I'd be more than happy to supply you with interesting fantasy games and/or creatures from said games.
Most excellent. I shall have to kill you and take your soul so you can tell me whenever I want.

Edit: How will a dragon learn magic? I spy "Become a high-mage dragon" in the goals
By somehow getting spellbooks and reading them (which is difficult considering you're so large. But once you've got transforming magic... it becomes much easier), or by bugging some mages to teach you.

Whew.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 661