Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702479 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #1365 on: August 15, 2011, 08:05:43 pm »

So nice evil is akin to Lawful Evil without the laws, right?

What do the bonus points do, exactly?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:07:14 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: August 15, 2011, 08:09:48 pm »

I have no idea. Lawful Evil as far as I can tell is "evil, but obeying laws of X". Nice evil is "nice, but goes for evil goals like the destruction of X while still giving homes to the homeless". They're quite different.

Bonus points? I don't remember putting 'bonus points' anywhere...

Anyway, as for honor... I think I might just rip out the idea and put it back in as, you know, actual honor. As in, your social status rather than trustworthiness. Either that or I'm just going to trash it entirely.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: August 15, 2011, 08:11:16 pm »

Oh lol. I was wondering where was my name was Tarrans list, then I saw myself on the waiting list. Then I scrolled back and found thats what my post actually said, for some reason.

I actually wanted to play the game, but thats what I typed, putting myself on the *actual* waiting list. Been that kind of week for me, actually. L-O-L

That's a bitter pill to swallow, but I don't really wanna take anyones spot now on a typo.

*jumps off bridge*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: August 15, 2011, 08:13:42 pm »

Huh, I thought you just joined the waiting list because you wanted to see how the game would progress before joining. :P

Well, I'm a nice guy. I'll temporarily open a 9th spot which will exist until someone dies. Then the limit will be back to 9 8.

Edit: ...I... Wow, the typo-syndrome is spreading.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: August 15, 2011, 08:14:30 pm »

Each stat starts at 50 with 20 bonus points. So in total you have 270 points.
Those bonus points.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: August 15, 2011, 08:14:39 pm »

Huh, I thought you just joined the waiting list because you wanted to see how the game would progress before joining. :P

Well, I'm a nice guy. I'll temporarily open a 9th spot which will exist until someone dies. Then the limit will be back to 9.
So just add a ninth spot?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: August 15, 2011, 08:16:55 pm »

Each stat starts at 50 with 20 bonus points. So in total you have 270 points.
Those bonus points.
Oh. Those points are just... well, bonus points. It means you have 20 more points besides the 50-for-each points you are given. So in total you have 270 points to work with.

Well, I'm a nice guy. I'll temporarily open a 9th spot which will exist until someone dies. Then the limit will be back to 9.
So just add a ninth spot?
Yes, I'll add a ninth spot temporarilly. After someone dies it's back to 8. (NOT 9, TARRAN YOU ARE STUPID STUPID)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: August 15, 2011, 08:19:22 pm »

It's where your muscles are so large that they are actually getting stuck against other parts of your body.
I understood the reasoning, though I think it's a bit excessive, but I'm not sure what gameplay purpose that serves. I mean, you don't have a Cha level where everyone's paying so much attention to you that it interferes with dodging, or a Con level where your hide's so thick you can't move. Why put an arbitrary limitation on Strength like that, instead of just saying that dragons don't bulk up like that?

Well, kinda hard to explain.

Being cruel doesn't necessarily mean you're evil. And vice versa. You could be evil and still be 'nice'... just have evil goals.

Trustworthiness vs honor... well, damn, looks like I'll have to go through a massive research spree.
So I guess something like:

Evil Cruel: Burns your village down and laughs about it
Good Nice: Saves your village from burning
Evil Nice: Burns your village down, but lets you go because he doesn't need you dead, just the village
Good Cruel: Saves your village from burning, but throws you into one of the burning buildings first because you're a bad person

Something like that? Or is Cruelty more... sternness, or something, like an Evil Nice villain forgives you for stabbing him in the back again while stabbing villagers, while a Good Cruel hero refuses to let you out of jail before your time?

For trustworthiness vs honor... are you maybe thinking of "how often you lie" versus "how fair you fight?" As in, a Trustworthy Dishonorable person won't lie, but will, for instance, shoot people from atop a rocky ledge, whereas an Untrustworthy Honorable person lies through his teeth, but will throw you a weapon to even things up?

The body stuff is mostly for flavor.

As for balance, go ahead and suggest balance then! I'm not exactly the master of balance to tell you the truth!
But most of it has noticeable in-game impacts. Presumably less so if you're tweaking our stats based on this and that, but at least starting out they'll be noticeable.

As for balance... mainly I'd just even out all the +/- parts, so a Stiff spine gave +10 Toughness/-10 Agility or +15 Toughness/-15 Agility, for instance.

NPC dragons will know. And once people notice your voice sounding not-as-gruff, they will see you as a female and thus differently.
I guess. It seems a bit odd that, for instance, large horns would be unattractive on a female dragon, though.

Also, I'd be more than happy to supply you with interesting fantasy games and/or creatures from said games.
Most excellent. I shall have to kill you and take your soul so you can tell me whenever I want.[/quote]
But I- *SLURP*

Also 7 ninjas. Ominous.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: August 15, 2011, 08:23:51 pm »

Tarran extends a bungee cord before I hit water? Huzzah!
I knew the "I'm a fool, yet contrite enough to admit my error and accept the consequences" plan would work.

working on Dragon now.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: August 15, 2011, 08:25:09 pm »

I knew the "I'm a fool, yet contrite enough to admit my error and accept the consequences" plan would work.

working on Dragon now.
Shit were sposed to be working ? Goddamn it
Getting to work
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: August 15, 2011, 08:26:03 pm »

On it!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: August 15, 2011, 08:27:19 pm »

On it!
Wait does it need to be done or once you make the game since I'm working on an iPad?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: August 15, 2011, 08:28:44 pm »

He didn't say it needed to be done, just that you could work on it and I thought I should say something.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: August 15, 2011, 08:35:45 pm »

It's where your muscles are so large that they are actually getting stuck against other parts of your body.
I understood the reasoning, though I think it's a bit excessive, but I'm not sure what gameplay purpose that serves. I mean, you don't have a Cha level where everyone's paying so much attention to you that it interferes with dodging, or a Con level where your hide's so thick you can't move. Why put an arbitrary limitation on Strength like that, instead of just saying that dragons don't bulk up like that?
I really don't see how everyone paying attention to you will effect dodging, it's not physical. And besides, it would likely make everyone stare in amazement, actually improving dodging. :P

Con? There is no con in this game. I assure you it's 100% legit.

Well, toughness is... err...

Hey, you know, you might have a point. Penalty time for toughness!

As much as I try, I don't perfectly understand the rest. Damn tiny brain...

Well, kinda hard to explain.

Being cruel doesn't necessarily mean you're evil. And vice versa. You could be evil and still be 'nice'... just have evil goals.

Trustworthiness vs honor... well, damn, looks like I'll have to go through a massive research spree.
So I guess something like:

Evil Cruel: Burns your village down and laughs about it
Good Nice: Saves your village from burning
Evil Nice: Burns your village down, but lets you go because he doesn't need you dead, just the village
Good Cruel: Saves your village from burning, but throws you into one of the burning buildings first because you're a bad person

Something like that?
Hit the nail dead on the word's forehead.

Or, in more understandable terms, you are mostly correct. Crossed out the incorrect part, since that's evil. Don't ask me to specify more, I really kinda don't know where I'd go if I tried to explain.

Or is Cruelty more... sternness, or something, like an Evil Nice villain forgives you for stabbing him in the back again while stabbing villagers, while a Good Cruel hero refuses to let you out of jail before your time?
Also kinda correct.

For trustworthiness vs honor... are you maybe thinking of "how often you lie" versus "how fair you fight?" As in, a Trustworthy Dishonorable person won't lie, but will, for instance, shoot people from atop a rocky ledge, whereas an Untrustworthy Honorable person lies through his teeth, but will throw you a weapon to even things up?
Hmm... yeah, I was kinda thinking of that.

Though really, Honor was a stupid-ish thing and it really did deserve to die in a fire.

The body stuff is mostly for flavor.

As for balance, go ahead and suggest balance then! I'm not exactly the master of balance to tell you the truth!
But most of it has noticeable in-game impacts. Presumably less so if you're tweaking our stats based on this and that, but at least starting out they'll be noticeable.
Yes, they have effects in-game. Minor-ish. It's meant for flavor rather than, I don't know, munchkin-ing?

As for balance... mainly I'd just even out all the +/- parts, so a Stiff spine gave +10 Toughness/-10 Agility or +15 Toughness/-15 Agility, for instance.
Oh, you mean that. The reason I don't even it is because you can just allocate points from the bonus to different spots if you don't like the negative effects. That's why I have it uneven, so if you pick a stiff spine, you can't just move 10 toughness to immediately offset your agility penalty.

NPC dragons will know. And once people notice your voice sounding not-as-gruff, they will see you as a female and thus differently.
I guess. It seems a bit odd that, for instance, large horns would be unattractive on a female dragon, though.
Well, I don't know.

Most boys like softer women?

*Avoids thousands of women-punches*

Also, I'd be more than happy to supply you with interesting fantasy games and/or creatures from said games.
Most excellent. I shall have to kill you and take your soul so you can tell me whenever I want.
But I- *SLURP*
Yes, yessss... get into the overly-cramped bottle.

Also 7 ninjas. Ominous.
~It's the end of the world as we know it, as we know it...

...that's how the song goes, right?

working on Dragon now.
Oh no! I have fallen into his dastardly trap!

Shit were sposed to be working ? Goddamn it
Getting to work
You don't have to, but you can.

Good god that took a while!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 08:37:45 pm by Tarran »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: August 15, 2011, 08:43:42 pm »

DOUBLE POST OH GOD NO.

Anyway, I suggest everyone refreshes the page, because I added much more negative effects for overdoing stats. ...and I lightened the agility penalty for strength greatly.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 661