Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699539 times)

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2535 on: November 29, 2011, 12:49:17 am »

Hrm.. I've been playing an iPod game recently... And it has just enough backstory implicit that I think it would make a good RTD. The game is Infinity Blade, in case anyone was wondering.

The basic premise of the RTD would be a group of people rising up against the 'God King' of the land. I can't be bothered explaining right now as typing this from an iPod is frustratingly hard anyways, but the setting is fantasy/medieval with constructs and some magitech, though I think it's known only to the 'Deathless', the race/group that the God King belongs to. A lot of the information I know is all interpretations of things implied in the game.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: November 29, 2011, 12:58:12 am »

Loved that game. I interpreted the story has a succession of sons taking vengeance on their father/grandfather/ancestor's killer or trying to kill their ancestor. Don't ask how I got to that conclusion.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #2537 on: November 29, 2011, 01:26:54 am »

After a recent player action sidetracked me into watching a bunch of music videos on Youtube, it occurs to me an RTD where you try to survive the bizarre world music videos take place in could be quite entertaining.
Isn't that the plot of Total Distortion?

Total Distortion RTD. Oh yeah.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: November 29, 2011, 01:34:19 am »

It's actually a clone, a new God King every time. You see the cloning room or whatever it is when you get the Infinity Blade and beat all three bosses and unlock the secret boss...
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: November 29, 2011, 01:36:57 am »

Right, well, time to start working on an update! I know this is the RtD brainstorming thread, but just letting you guys know I'm not being lazy!
Well, not anymore... :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: November 29, 2011, 05:46:05 am »

Right, well, time to start working on an update! I know this is the RtD brainstorming thread, but just letting you guys know I'm not being lazy!
Well, not anymore... :P

Ah, but we have a chat for this! Just head to http://webchat.freenode.net/ and get on the #bay12RTD channel. The perfect place to lay down your burdens and rest, whine about your players and talk about the life, the universe, and everything.

Anyhow, I have a question for y'all;

What is your dream RTD? What would the perfect Roll to Dodge game have?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: November 29, 2011, 05:48:01 am »

Dude, he is there. I'm talking to him right now about LCS. :P As for dream RTD, I dunno. That's going to take a lot of thinking.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: November 29, 2011, 05:48:42 am »

Dude, he is there. I'm talking to him right now about LCS. :P As for dream RTD, I dunno. That's going to take a lot of thinking.

As I discovered a few seconds after hitting post, durr.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: November 29, 2011, 05:56:11 am »

Dunno. Arcanum Octet II was probably pretty close, though.

Notably, it possessed:

-Leveling skills through use
-Creative use and combination of abilities
-Magic-heavy medieval-ish fantasy
-Oh god why level failures

The ability to play as an insane mage who will attain godlike power and abuse it religiously if he doesn't manage to kill himself with it first? Not sure it gets much better than that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: November 29, 2011, 06:13:43 am »

Hmm... that's a hard one.

Things that would interest me:

Futuristic battles with pew pew guns. (decently attractive)
Futuristic space exploration. (somewhat attractive)
Magic in all it's insane glory. (somewhat attractive)
Some polymorphic or corrupting influence. Especially the ability to mess around with it freely. (very attractive for some reason)
Medieval slicy slicy. Gods may or may not be included. (somewhat attractive)
Being able to be non-human. (somewhat attractive)

No, I would not even remotely recommend an RTD based around those things. It would be really hard to create a universe for something like that in my opinion.

But by all means, go ahead and give it an attempt if you find the ideas are also interesting.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: November 29, 2011, 06:22:18 am »

Magitech Star Trek style RTD with corrupting/transforming/mutating elements doesn't sound too hard.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: November 29, 2011, 06:22:50 am »

So... you want a Warhammer 40k RTD?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #2547 on: November 29, 2011, 06:56:26 am »

What is your dream RTD?
What about a dream-themed RTD? :o
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: November 29, 2011, 07:01:16 am »

[21:14] <Yoink> An RtD where the players are spirits/ghosts who infiltrate peoples' dreams, for some reason.

I win. 8)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: November 29, 2011, 09:20:46 am »

Well...

-Consistent fun for both players and GM. (definitely)
-ART (for obvious reasons)
-Lots and lots AND LOTS OF CRAFTING (items, units, whatever)
-Everything, EVERYTHING (players, items, spells) would start out weak and level up along a skill tree of some sort (oh God this idea makes me fangirl)
-A video game themed setting. Perhaps every video game from a list of ones I'm familiar with.
-Elaborate rule system that's also not that hard to learn.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 09:50:58 am by freeformschooler »
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 661