Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702273 times)

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread)
« Reply #2895 on: December 19, 2011, 03:26:06 pm »

Okay, idea:

Peanuts RTD ~ The RNG is Merciless, Charlie Brown

Roll to be Pod People
Five body-snatching alien symbiotes have crash-landed in a suburban neighborhood, infected five normal people, and taken their place in society. They are, in reality, experimental infiltration drones created by competing military contractors on an alien planet, and their mission is to silently integrate themselves into human society while attempting to destroy each other. The last surviving drone who has kept its cover is the winner.

Each player plays as one of the symbiotes, trying to keep their cover and discreetly murder the other players. A player is kicked out and replaced by someone from the waitlist when they are either incarcerated, discovered or killed.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: December 19, 2011, 03:27:21 pm »

Roll to be Pod People

That is excellent.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: December 19, 2011, 07:26:14 pm »

Dead Space RTD -

Backstory -
The Space Station Icarus 29 has been chosen as the location of deadly new sporting event, The Gauntlet. In it criminals, or those who have been framed by the government are sent to fight, and try to survive against hordes of the dreaded Necromorphs, and other challengers. You are one of those chosen to be sent to Icarus 29, and it is up to you whether, or not you come out alive in this competition. Its a cruel world, and you just got thrust into the heart of it all.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Crafting (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kill Points (click to show/hide)

So what do you guys think?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: December 19, 2011, 07:52:14 pm »

Eh, RTD Deathmatch type games usually don't last too long. And seriously, you don't really need weapon stats, just becomes more annoying for you to roll for every turn.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: December 19, 2011, 07:54:32 pm »

Eh, RTD Deathmatch type games usually don't last too long. And seriously, you don't really need weapon stats, just becomes more annoying for you to roll for every turn.
I'll remove the AS of guns, and either roll for how many shots, or let the player decide. So thanks also it has story elements as well which the players will find if the look around a bit. All of it points to a secret about the station that may help the players escape to freedom.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: December 19, 2011, 07:55:27 pm »

I'll remove the AS of guns, and either roll for how many shots, or let the player decide. So thanks also it has story elements as well which the players will find if the look around a bit. All of it points to a secret about the station that may help the players escape to freedom.
Yeah, I suggest you just add a set amount of bullets that are fired per round, see if the shots hit, then roll for damage.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: December 19, 2011, 07:57:23 pm »

Well its up, and I will take your advice :). Of course the damage displayed is the middle ground for damage the weapon can do.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: December 20, 2011, 06:30:57 pm »

The Roller's Block is on the second page!? THIS. WILL. NOT. DO.

We need more RTD's. I recommend that we begin "Purging" everybody who doesn't log on daily.

All in favor, say Scrumilovelolispliscra

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: December 20, 2011, 06:33:17 pm »

Nay. I dare say that thou who hath suggested this foul idea be forced to pay the court a fine of....10000000 Septims or serve your sentence.

Sorry. Just been reading over past memes lately.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 06:35:58 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: December 20, 2011, 06:41:56 pm »

Roll to Be a Christmas Tree Ornament! The game where players dodge tinsel, lights, and various ornaments while ascending to the top of the Christmas Tree to steal the Star and escape, thereby winning Christmas! Starting classes include snowflake, nutcracker, M&M and red ball!

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: December 20, 2011, 06:45:23 pm »

That sounds awesome.
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: December 20, 2011, 06:51:09 pm »

Hmmmmm.
Roll to be The Guy.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: December 20, 2011, 06:54:23 pm »

I think we already brought up that idea once.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: December 20, 2011, 06:55:25 pm »

More than once, I think. It never really went anywhere.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: December 20, 2011, 06:58:03 pm »

I still think a Zelda RTD would be pretty cool.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 661