Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702420 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Lawas knows where I live)
« Reply #4890 on: July 25, 2012, 10:42:27 pm »

Been thinking about a game based on the Conan movies lately. Barren, low-tech, fairly dickish world, high action, low magic, or at least fewer fireballs.

Not sure what kind of system I'd use for it, though I will say that if I was going to do a simpler or more story-driven type of game this would be a good candidate for it.

Possibly also some sort of situation or swarm fighting rather than traditional number tracking, so you can sort of cleave through mooks at will until the regiment is "dead" rather than worrying about exactly how many are left or attacking you at any one time.

Also leaning towards skill allowing bonuses to be used more often rather than a straight bonus; ie Conan would be able to trigger a +1 attack bonus really frequently, rather than just having a +4 to it at all times, whereas a wizard either wouldn't have any bonuses to use or would only be able to use them once or twice a day/adventure/scene.

Otherwise, no real idea how that'd work. Oh, except I was thinking of forcing spellcasters to be very themed, and have this theme show through as they become more powerful. So a "raven" mage might be able to talk to ravens, find secrets, feed on a dying enemy's life force, and so on, but probably not strangle someone, make plants grow, or conjure serpents to do their bidding. They'd also look more ravenish as time went on, whatever that meant. A "hate," "stone," or "knowledge" wizard would act and look completely differently.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: July 26, 2012, 02:16:33 am »

Sounds quite interesting. I think you should do it.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: July 26, 2012, 02:23:30 am »

Ok, so I don't actually know anything about Conan the Barbarian.  The one thing I know is that it was originally set in the Cthulhu Mythos universe.  Make of that what you will!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: July 26, 2012, 08:01:20 am »

Ok, so I don't actually know anything about Conan the Barbarian.  The one thing I know is that it was originally set in the Cthulhu Mythos universe.  Make of that what you will!
It was more like Lovecraft Lite. :P

How about Solomon Kane RtD?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: July 26, 2012, 11:10:55 am »

I've been thinking about a RTD based on the Tv Show The Mole
I can't do it yet, but im getting a new laptop which will have word, so i can acctualy do it.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: July 26, 2012, 02:43:25 pm »

I enjoyed doing a "minimalist" CAPS LOCK based RtD; I might do another next week.

Any suggestions? Form-/content-wise?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: July 26, 2012, 02:47:17 pm »

Make the players take revenge on Travolta and destroy his evil lair, which is full of anti-air batteries and soldiers in Speedos so Xenu's followers won't get him.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: July 26, 2012, 02:54:01 pm »

I was about to say, "Ah, no, I've had enough of Speedos," but then I realised NO ONE has REALLY EVER had enough of Speedos.

Anyway, possibly, yes, good idea. I have a handful of possible ideas already in fact, if I think about it.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: July 26, 2012, 08:21:21 pm »

I feel like they work very well if you take a relatively simple/straightforward goal and let the dice convolute the hell out of it. Just my two cents, though.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #4899 on: July 29, 2012, 10:10:07 am »

._.

So uh

H-hey guys. Remember me? I'm that guy with those RTDs that are unresolved and probably somewhere around the 8th page at this point. For the last couple of months I've almost completely dropped off the face of the Twelfth Bay, and left my RTDs high and dry. Consider this a formal announcement that Endless RTD and Hero Caddies RTD are about to be reinstated. I'm back in business!
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: July 29, 2012, 10:10:52 am »

._.

So uh

H-hey guys. Remember me? I'm that guy with those RTDs that are unresolved and probably somewhere around the 8th page at this point. For the last couple of months I've almost completely dropped off the face of the Twelfth Bay, and left my RTDs high and dry. Consider this a formal announcement that Endless RTD and Hero Caddies RTD are about to be reinstated. I'm back in business!
Hurrah! It is the great master!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: July 29, 2012, 10:43:49 am »

Good to see ya, Gat!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: July 29, 2012, 10:57:40 am »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: July 29, 2012, 03:00:08 pm »

Good to see ya, Gat!

Praise be.
And, Hail!

The RTD boards have been moving slooow for the past weeks.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: July 29, 2012, 04:51:43 pm »

Heil Gatleos!

I mean, hail. Hello. NOTHING IS WRONG HERE MOVE ALONG.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 661