Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702230 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

The Infection

Anno 2356, a golden age for humanity. The first steps to the Stars have been taken, and damage from past times has been mended. On Earth, magnificent cities reach for the skies, and automated drones produce everything a human could want. Nanodrones and genetic treatment keep humans healthy, and ages of up to 200 years are not uncommon. The moon  Mars and Venus support prospering colonies.  In order to keep it's constantly increasing population entertained, the governements of Earth have mandated the Utopia project. This enormous endavour uses state of the art Quantum computing and direct brain stimulation to let people literaly experience another world, and live a different live. In this world, the laws of physics don't need to apply, and magic can exist.

Strange things are happening though, some sort of "corruption" of the minds of participants is occuring. It adds people to a hiveminded collective, which vies for control of the world they are in. As for now, it has only showed up one several worlds, and hasn't been noticed yet. The infection, as it is sometimes called, hasn't affected people in the real world yet. Nevertheless it's a worrying phenomenon, mostly, because you're one of them.

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Different worlds (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sign up sheet (click to show/hide)

Not sure if I'm going to run it, but it certainly seemed interesting. Max 5 players due to complexity.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Okay, now I have two ideas that I have no time to run yet.

1. A Kingdom of Loathing  RTD, and

2. A Magicka RTD.

I'll be back later with descriptions for both.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Man I suggested a magicka RTD so long ago.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Really? Maybe we could Co-GM it, making it easier on time for me.

I recently bought the set with all the DLC, when it was on sale, 75% off.

...But I have a Mac, so I can't play it until I buy Windows.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

1. A Kingdom of Loathing  RTD

That reminds me of one of my long-held I-want-to-GM ideas, which is Fear and Loathing etc etc.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Does anyone know where I can find a good quality world map generator?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear

Does anyone know where I can find a good quality world map generator?

Google Earth?

I've been thinking of using it myself.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

You could always gen a world in DF and use the world map there. Or use multiple to simulate several landmasses.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I considered it, but I'm looking for something more asthetic
It's FEF, not FEOF

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guy's could somebody direct me to some forum/place where i could find people which would want to draw requests? Cause i want to spice up my RTD with drawings but i suck at it.

Durrr..

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile

Guy's could somebody direct me to some forum/place where i could find people which would want to draw requests? Cause i want to spice up my RTD with drawings but i suck at it.

You could try iScribble. Some people are nice enough to do it, not all though.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (Dermonster-First and Five Thousan
« Reply #5336 on: October 05, 2012, 04:18:40 pm »

I would gladly do it...If I wasn't swamped with drawings to complete and the fact I need more practice.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Do bear in mind that there's always more people wanting things done than willing to do them. I don't doubt it's possible, but it might take some searching.

Alternatively, you could just use your own crappy drawings. It's better than nothing, and they get better the more of them you do.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alternatively, you could just use your own crappy drawings. It's better than nothing, and they get better the more of them you do.

I recommend this. It's not like anyone's going to look down on you or anything. We have a very, very small amount of RTD artists anyway.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I recommend this. It's not like anyone's going to look down on you or anything. We have a very, very small amount of RTD artists anyway.

Ohh jesus, i'm already questioning my drawing skills. In fact the only thing i can draw well are horribly drawn anime girls and stickmen comics. and stickmen won't suffice....
Durrr..
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 661