Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699503 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Space Whaler RTD? Do want.

IDEA: Combine the You Are Space Monsters and Space Whales.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 02:58:29 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Space Whalers as the antagonists, Space Monsters as innocent teenagers out to have a bit of fun at the universe's expense?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Space Whalers as the antagonists, Space Monsters as innocent teenagers out to have a bit of fun at the universe's expense?
It makes perfect sense! We get to be horrifying space monsters one way, and horrifying space humans the other!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 03:27:12 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Plus, it would bring all kinds of hilarity and insanity. Count me in if it's ever made.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Plus, it would bring all kinds of hilarity and insanity. Count me in if it's ever made.
What he said.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe waitlisters (if there are any) can guest star as captains of whaling ships/galactic enforcers/unethical scientists and many more?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe waitlisters (if there are any) can guest star as captains of whaling ships/galactic enforcers/unethical scientists and many more?
Okay this needs to go in an Ideas list.
Sig! Onol

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guys, how does one fix extreme lazyness. I mean like, i really want to finish my godsforsaken rtd. BUT IM TOO DAMN LAZY to do anything!
Durrr..

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Guys, how does one fix extreme lazyness. I mean like, i really want to finish my godsforsaken rtd. BUT IM TOO DAMN LAZY to do anything!

Remember that laziness is always a downward spiral that leads straight to the bottom?

Remember that laziness is not really an actual excuse, and advancing it as such only makes the situation worse for you mentally?

Remember to try and enjoy making your RTD, else there's really no point?

Get more sleep?

Do something productive and enjoyable to replenish mental strength?

Let your sense of duty take over (warning, may not necessarily work for creative endeavors)?

Do your work on the RTD in a more fragmentary fashion?

Explain a bit more about the particular RTD you are talking about?

And more!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

A good way to fix laziness is to realize that doing nothing is worse than doing something you're not too happy about.

Alternatively, find out what exactly about your RTD makes you gag and fix it/axe it if you can.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

For the space whaling RTD you need lots of cargo space for the space whales. Maybe that's why its cramped
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

I don't mind space whalers appearing in the space monster RTD. In fact, I think it'll be very fun. But these are kind of different concepts, and playing both games at once might get confusing. Plus, there are several monster players, but all whaler players are supposedly on one ship. How do they all play together?

I can suggest that players in the waitlist could choose to play as the next generated monster - or several players could play as several smaller monsters, since that's also possible. Normally the ship will get reports or scans of several possible "targets" in this or that area, along with the danger rating. The whaler players will vote which they want to go for. The monster players can then choose to be the selected target(s), add a few features they wish to have (in PM), and the rest will be randomly tacked on with a Metamorphica equivalent until the required Danger Rating is met. Then the whaler ship battles against the "space whale", and either wins - taking home a chunk of processed meat - or loses, allowing another six players to get a new ship and start over.

The only reason I don't want to have several whaler ships playing is that it might start being too hard to keep track of everything. No matter how simplified the system, a dozen players at once will get taxing after a while, even with the turnless Piecewise manner of GMing (I can't help but marvel at how well PW's name works for this) helping the game along.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just going to agree with whatever Sean said.
Sig! Onol

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 11:03:59 pm by penguinofhonor »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

We're whalers out in space,/
We shoot whales in the face,/
Then we carve them up/
And we sell their guts/
To upgrade our whaling base.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 661