Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702467 times)

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile

That looks pretty well thought out. I certainly think it's worth at least a try.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

I would also play.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Oh, I nearly forgot my other idea. It's a sort-of Memento-RTD. You'll see why.

That's Not How It Happened: A Randomized Story Of Your Life!

The premise can really be anything, but the game has to start in a certain way - at your death. The player characters all start out completely stone dead in a certain godforsaken ditch in the woods, for instance.

How is that conducive to a fun game? Well, you see, this game is not about how you end up. That's just the beginning. For you see, this is an RTD that, like the film Memento, goes backwards. You start out by creating the player character: specifying a name, gender, age, former occupation, most significant hobby and appearance.

Now, as I've mentioned, this RTD goes backwards. This means that the players start out dead in the same ditch in the woods, for instance. And, unlike what you would do in a normal RTD, which is to describe what you'll do next, you describe how you got there, but only the immediate action that got you there, with the GM rolling for how truthful that statement is. Here are some samples:
Spoiler: Sample Turns (click to show/hide)
So, yeah. Memento-style RTD. More like an interactive story than an actual game, but still a potentially interesting idea, I think. Once again, it doesn't have to be "you're all dead in a ditch". It can also be "you just defeated Kahn-Zahss, the Devourer of Worlds - how did you do it" or any number of other things. Just throwing the idea out there.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Well, with your writing skill, I'm sure that would be amazing.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

I would definitely play that.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile

I would definitely play that.
Same here.
Sounds like a novel idea. And I love novel ideas. :v
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile

That sounds like a great idea.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's at least four players intrigued.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Somebody probably should run it, then, I suppose.

Not me, though. I've already got two games of my own running. To start more would invite sloppiness.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do have a game of my own, but it's basically like those plants you water once every few months. However, I'd be nervous about making another game because I might abandon the other one and that'd be terrible. Besides, I'd like to participate.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a brilliant idea. It could work just as well without any rolls too, but that's just boring.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hell, I volunteer if no-one else wants to. I even have an introductory post written up that places this during an Eastern European civil war.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

It is an excellent idea.
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 661