Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702503 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #6975 on: September 23, 2013, 05:02:58 pm »

Rifle/Quiet/Aimed/Sadistic
A rifle with a very good silencer, scope, and rounds designed not to kill but to cause as much pain as possible.
Explosive/Past/Colonial/War
Gas grenades with a very specific hallucinatory effect: you feel CERTAIN you're in a civil war from a long time ago.
Shotgun/Bear/Joke/Self-Damaging
The worst shotgun ever. It's shells spawn bears that hate you.

Drugs
Drunk/Somewhat Addictive/Lasts 5 Turns/Withdrawal Lasts 1 Turn
Effects: Loyalty, Servant
Withdrawal: Bloodthirsty, Murder

A "truth serum" often called "Time Bomb". While it's very easy to keep it in someones system, making them docile and loyal to whoever asks or commands them to do something, violent outbursts occur when the drug wears off.

Pill/Very Addictive/Lasts 15 Turns/Withdrawal lasts 15 turns
Effects: Bone/Pain/Intelligence/Clairvoyance
Withdrawal: Acid/Cancer/Demonic/Life

A drug that causes long-lasting perception changes, many report "the ability to read intentions and even minds", however, the user feels pain deep within their bones during use.

Taking it results in alien growths similar to cancer, however, they are resistant to all forms of treatment. They seem to be born from the user's own cells, but are corrupted by an unknown force and release acids into the bloodstream and cells of whatever it's nearby. Very dangerous and lethal.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #6976 on: September 23, 2013, 05:36:11 pm »

I just realized you could get addicted to time bomb. So you could become addicted to something that essentially makes you a slave... This generator makes a lot of drugs no-one would want to take.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: September 23, 2013, 05:50:00 pm »

I just realized you could get addicted to time bomb. So you could become addicted to something that essentially makes you a slave... This generator makes a lot of drugs no-one would want to take.
You overestimate humanity's SAN.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: September 23, 2013, 05:57:22 pm »

Hm... Well, I guess since a lot of people do krokodil, maybe I'm overestimating hard drug users.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #6979 on: September 23, 2013, 06:02:07 pm »

That would be like a submission fetish in pill form; you end up liking the relinquishment of control.

These items seem like they would be produced by the R&D department in a Paranoia game.
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: September 23, 2013, 06:06:08 pm »

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: September 23, 2013, 06:18:33 pm »

Bow: Quiet, Shadow, Morality. A super-stealthy, dead-silent bow that only damages those with an alignment opposite from yours.
Inward spell: Necromantic, Blind, Paranoia. This incredibly powerful, last-resort ritual ensures you become a lich upon death, but you are forced to spend the rest of your unlife blind and hearing horrible things, unable to confirm their reality without working eyes.

This is cool, Fniff. Thanks.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: September 23, 2013, 06:23:42 pm »

Someone should make an RTD to test this out
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: September 23, 2013, 06:27:18 pm »

I'm going to be using these generators in my RTD, the Jungle. But everyone is free to use them.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: September 23, 2013, 07:08:53 pm »

I thought up the Time Bomb as a "truth serum", something people wouldn't want to take voluntarily. I guess you need to discern between stuff that people take for leisure, that people give each other for nefarious purposes, then stuff like prescriptions.

Then again, there's the fact that people do stuff like krokodil. And tazing themselves- i think that was a thing.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: September 23, 2013, 07:11:45 pm »

I'm not sure if I'd like to have specific purposes, as that might lead to a healing item exclusively used as a recreational drug or a drug that makes you become demoniacally possessed be a prescription drug.

Actually, that makes it worse. Imagine getting addicted to a truth serum you got addicted to involuntarily...

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: September 23, 2013, 07:13:57 pm »

No, i mean more like removing criteria if you want a certain thing. Like, some drugs you want to have no withdrawals.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: September 23, 2013, 07:15:11 pm »

Actually, that would be good. New rule: if elements mutually conflict with each other, feel free to remove them, though do try and stretch your mind to see if they work together.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: September 23, 2013, 07:20:29 pm »

PILL DEMONIC HOLY.
Eat it, and you'll feel like there's a holy war in your brain!

Because there actually is. There's a fucking war going on between demons and angels happening all over your body. Have fun.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: September 23, 2013, 07:48:41 pm »

Pill, very addictive.
Withdrawal kicks in at eighty turns, lasts twenty.
Effect lasts ten turns.
Drug: Hand-made, Diamond, Dragon.
Withdrawal: Siren.
"DD (Diamond Dragon)" Ever feel like becoming a dragon made out of diamonds? Now you can! Using this totally legal pill hand-made by slaves totally willing drug workers, you can transform your body from your regular stupid human shape to become an awesome diamond dragon! Try to buy a lot, cos when you stop taking it you start hearing a siren. That never stops. Ever.

Drunk
Effect lasts five turns.
Drug: Explosive, Automatic, Bargain.
"Ka-Boom". When someone drinks this, if they can be convinced to agree with the notion of exploding (Lying and trickery doesn't stop the drug's effects from kicking in), they explode automatically, killing themselves instantly and anyone near them. The explosions can last several minutes. This is used by assassins and pranksters.

Drunk, Addictive
Withdrawal kicks in at five turns, lasts fifteen.
Effect lasts one turn.
Drug: Colonial, Disease.
Withdrawal: Camouflage, Extradimensional.
"Elyisetic" This is a plant found by explorers in a far-away land that, when mashed up, causes all diseases to be cured. However, this has a pretty bad drawback. You will begin to fade into an invisible dimension and be unable to be seen in this universe or affect anything.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 661