Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 699465 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I hate that word. Hiatus. It sounds weird.

I prefer the term 'Schroedinger's RTD'. You never know if it's dead or alive. Both? Neither?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I prefer the term 'Schroedinger's RTD'. You never know if it's dead or alive. Both? Neither?
That makes me wonder what an undead rtd would be like.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

That makes me wonder what an undead rtd would be like.
A RTD that was dropped by it's creator, then taken over by another person?

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

A vampiric RTD is when a RTD is dropped by it's creator, then survives by... taking players and GMs from other RTDs?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

A vampiric RTD is when a RTD is dropped by it's creator, then survives by... taking players and GMs from other RTDs?
I am intrigued.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For me it's mainly the lack of feedback. Like i can go write my merry way, but i get highly uncertain about the quality of the content i write and thus i stop writing. Whilst i would like to ask for feedback, i feel it's a kind of nagging the player which i do not want and thus i don't ask.

And when i do ask, i get no feedback.  :'(
Durrr..

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am intrigued.
Hrm. The only practical method I can think of is by having some sort of a "guest spot" thing where cool players and GMs from other RTDs get to be the focus of a certain stretch of the RTD, or similar. Like a guest star on a sitcom.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

I stop once it's no fun for me.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

For me it's mainly the lack of feedback. Like i can go write my merry way, but i get highly uncertain about the quality of the content i write and thus i stop writing. Whilst i would like to ask for feedback, i feel it's a kind of nagging the player which i do not want and thus i don't ask.

If people don't like your content, you can usually tell by one of three ways:

1: They complain.
2: They quit (do note that there are multiple reasons for players to quit other than disliking your content).
3: They seem to be putting less effort in their posts suddenly instead of slowly. And it continues for several turns.

If none of these apply, then stop worrying.

If people don't make any comment on the quality, chances are they are indifferent or anything bad about your content is too subtle or too petty for them to complain about. Or maybe they even like it. Either way, if you don't get feedback, stop worrying. Because you gave the players a chance, and it's their fault if you continue to put out poor quality stuff, not yours.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

But...but we gave feedback? o_O
In that one quicktopic where Caellath and I and the rest critiqued how you handled the last part and gave general tips on how to continue, leaving it all up to you.  :-\
I mean, it was positive criticism...

If people don't make any comment on the quality, chances are they are indifferent or anything bad about your content is too subtle or too petty for them to complain about. Or maybe they even like it. Either way, if you don't get feedback, stop worrying. Because you gave the players a chance, and it's their fault if you continue to put out poor quality stuff, not yours.
I'd abstain on putting exacts and labeling faults on others at this point: Everyone's goal is to grow and develop, not to stay idle and keep churning out the same things. When in doubt, analyze. When analyzing, discern. When discerning: do.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'm almost positive I intended to provide feedback and then forgot at least once. Sorry about that. :x
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

I want to keep this subject alive because I think that in it we're being more productive than is typical for this forum. It seems we identified player feedback as being important, so I went to my active games and relayed to the players there how important feedback seems to be for maintaining a game. But that seems to be a temporary fix. It will get me feedback now, indeed it already has, but in the long term it will likely revert to players silent outside of actions and me as the GM wanting some affirmation of my style and approach to the RtD.

Does anyone have any ideas for how to make feedback a more continuous thing, less sporadic?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freeformschooler regularly does surveys in the Warrens of Oric the Awesome. Though that's a suggestion game, and may not apply in the context of RTDs.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile

Freeformschooler regularly does surveys in the Warrens of Oric the Awesome. Though that's a suggestion game, and may not apply in the context of RTDs.
I tend to keep polls running, at least in part because once you do one you can't precisely stop, but I find it difficult to ensure that my poll is encapsulating the possible positions on my writing and running of the RtD. I feel like written feedback lets me understand better the person's opinion of the game.
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think he has some sort of a special survey that's from some website. Lets you answer questions, I think.
Pages: 1 ... 534 535 [536] 537 538 ... 661