Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702291 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I would be very interested in this. It seems fairly interesting.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile

It's always fun when you post an action in an RTD, and shortly afterwards realise you missed something rather obvious that could have made your character's life rather easier. Oh well. :P

Also I'm thinking of starting up a new RTD, not a throwaway minimalist this time.
Haven't quite decided what it's going to be, yet. I have a couple of ideas I'm mulling over, and then of course there's the rather daunting "Alien Jurassic Park" idea I had a while back which received a fair bit of interest. Hmmmm.
It's 4AM and I have energy drink in the fridge by the way, so who knows we might just see a miracle occur. :))
But yoink if you do a throwaway minimalist we will get to see one of your great endings you write great endings
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

Are you implying that I never finish my proper games?!
Because, uh. That's sadly quite true. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are you implying that I never finish my proper games?!
Because, uh. That's sadly quite true. :P
I have only read one of your games roll to busk I assume by throwaway you mean if you get bored of it you can write a silly ending and close it because I really liked the ending to roll to busk

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I would be very interested in this. It seems fairly interesting.

I just went ahead and started it. Waiting is for the weak and cowardly, I NEED TO SMASH WORDS.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

I just read the OP, and I am grinning from ear-to-ear.
Games where players take the role of gods themselves never really appeal to me, but acting as their champions? In a barren, semi-post apoc wasteland? Teaming up with and backstabbing your fellow divine champions, all in the name of the god you follow? I'm not sure this setting could get much more badass.

If I don't post a sheet, know that it was purely because I was too overwhelmed by exciting character ideas. Funnily enough, it actually reminds me somewhat of an idea I had some time ago for an RTD I wanted to run, yet never felt confident enough to.

Definitely going to think long and hard about a character concept.

Edit: Hrm, Digital, are players allowed to coordinate with their characters? As in, both characters follow the same patron, or failing that, their gods are related in some way? Not that I'm planning to do so, just curious to know if that would be a possibility. :)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 10:25:02 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, yes, it's possible. You should maybe ask further questions in the thread, anyway. I'm glad you like the idea so much.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Legends should be fun im going to run the best brothel on the continent

Also I died in history and I was just starting to discover the secrets of bronze

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, Mister Baldman, it would appear your minimalist experiment has already spawned probably more IC discussion between players than I have ever seen in an RTD, with the possible exception of ER. Definitely the most IC discussion I've seen in an RTD over such a short span of time!

Well played, well played indeed.
Yeah, I am thoroughly enjoying it. Definitely both minimalist and serious, high I doubted it at the beginning.
i kinda wish things had started off a bit slower i wanted to get back and dissect leaches but theres all this commotion and ive got to talk with conrak about nets and pack everything up before we leave well we will probably be able to take the sled if we get left behind but my character dosent know that yet
I'm technically the reason we had to move.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So what do you guys think will happen in legends with the new brothel the townsfolk are complaining about there are some predictions out already my moneys on gets burnt down in the middle of the night although with the sheriff likely dead soon anything could happen

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

That's not an RTD, is it? ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's not an RTD, is it? ???

Not by name but it basically is with a few minor changes

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile

Had 2 ideas while on vacation:

1) A survival/deathmatch (potentially) focused on RP and building where people are assigned powers from various YA book and television series. 2 problems though. One, I can only think of 3 series that would fit off the top of my head. Two, not sure whether to randomly assign people their powers and let them discover them, or just let them pick at the start.

2) A game where players start as D-list Batman villains with nothing but a gimmick to their names, and try to work their way up to infamy. Not sure whether or not it should be minimalist, though.

Not sure I have time to run either of them, but I really want to.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile

2) A game where players start as D-list Batman villains with nothing but a gimmick to their names, and try to work their way up to infamy. Not sure whether or not it should be minimalist, though.

Oh gods yes. Yessss. This would make me so happy.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

Oh gods yes. Yessss. This would make me so happy.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What do you think of the intro? I'm not going to make the actual game myself, but I always like the chance to stretch my creative muscles.
Also, just noticed, but didn't shad night run something like that? Remember? Be an evil genius or something?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 661