Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230259 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #765 on: June 16, 2011, 12:27:53 am »

pretty much.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 16, 2011, 11:29:01 am »

pretty much.
That's why I am irritated over at the website "Nationstates". I have a nation of DF dwarves, and I even have a link to the df.wiki article on dwarves in the sig, and every week I get, "Oh, you're dwarves? AWESOME! We should play [Generic pen&paper game here] sometime!"

Ugh. Why can't I just be the magma obsessed dwarf? Why do I have to have steampunk crap?  :'(

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 16, 2011, 11:41:13 am »

STEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMPUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNK (said in a parody of the zombie moan)

but on the serious side, i only play warhammer 40k, warhammer (don't have figures, expect them shortly, till then... Cousin's figures!)

D&D? i got acquainted to it via Order of the stick (read it, awesome comic, great narrative, great jokes)

sooo... i'm more of the computer game geek.

and guns geek. (my uncle got an M16A2, going to test it tommorow at the range)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 16, 2011, 11:46:49 am »

You're not alone Necro, I don't play DnD or warhammer either, now RTD's I like, but not the insanely complicated rules ones like DnD, who needs an entire book to tell you not to do something obviously impossible?  As for steampunk, I don't really like it, I've seen it done good sometimes like in Morrowind, but for many games it kinda fails when everyone is riding around in tanks that run on soul power or something........
Nom nom nom

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 16, 2011, 11:56:23 am »

You're not alone Necro, I don't play DnD or warhammer either, now RTD's I like, but not the insanely complicated rules ones like DnD, who needs an entire book to tell you not to do something obviously impossible?
Agreed.

As for steampunk, I don't really like it, I've seen it done good sometimes like in Morrowind, but for many games it kinda fails when everyone is riding around in tanks that run on soul power or something........
You have no idea how much I agree with you on this. NO IDEA AT ALL

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 16, 2011, 12:22:16 pm »

You're not alone Necro, I don't play DnD or warhammer either, now RTD's I like, but not the insanely complicated rules ones like DnD, who needs an entire book to tell you not to do something obviously impossible?
You don't know GURPS, am i right?  8)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 16, 2011, 12:23:33 pm »

Kerlc has been estatic lately. he is going to test a new gun tomorrow. he has been dissapointed by the lack of cyberpunk games lately.

he likes cyberpunk, zombie apocalypse books, post-apocalypse books, WH40k, RTS games, half-life series, Dr. Who, Fallout series (every one of them, except BoS), C&C series (except TT (4th one)), DF and its mods, and guns. GUNS!
he absolutely detests steampunk (toothbrush the size of a combine harvester, hello!), twilight series (GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! MY BRAIN!!!!!) bad games and movies, and licence games (except maybe some).

the last post was a joke on my brother, who LOVES steampunk. STEEEEEAMPUUNK.... it's quite annoying.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 16, 2011, 12:25:59 pm »

actually I don't.
Now to roll this train back on the tracks:
Hows the addition of gunpowerder coming ITT, I remeber reading awhile ago that you had something going with lye.
Nom nom nom

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 16, 2011, 10:57:08 pm »

actually I don't.
Now to roll this train back on the tracks:
Hows the addition of gunpowerder coming ITT, I remeber reading awhile ago that you had something going with lye.

Potash actually, and it is done.

Potash - Charcoal = Potassium Nitrate

Potassium Nitrate - Charcoal = Gunpowder (right now it's 'Rock Gunpowder' but I should get that cleared up soon)

Gunpowder + Shell Case + Metal Bar = 4 stacks of 15 shotgun shells

Gunpowder + Bullet Case + Metal Bar = 4 stacks of 25 bullets

we could justify by making an item called "shotgun" on his body (prefferebly on the hands) and make it (almost) indestructible!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (is that even possi-YES IT IS, NOW SHUT UP! i'm just not sure....)

*Palmface Probably should have thought about that one. Good idea.

-----

Speaking of useless jobs made useful, Trappers and Animal Dissectors have received a use. Non-insect vermin can be extracted into glass vials for pickled vermin, which can be cooked into delicious meals.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 16, 2011, 11:48:26 pm »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... roach soup.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: June 17, 2011, 07:22:34 am »

As for steampunk, I don't really like it, I've seen it done good sometimes like in Morrowind, but for many games it kinda fails when everyone is riding around in tanks that run on soul power or something........
You have no idea how much I agree with you on this. NO IDEA AT ALL
Same here, things fail hard when they use soul power or generix crystals to operate machinery. After all, why is it called steampunk if it doesn't operate on steam, right?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:28:07 am by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: June 17, 2011, 09:08:23 am »

because of the style, the big ornate mechanisms made out of brass, pistons etc. look like a victorian-era mad scientist had an accident with glue in his workshop, and then glued that to a giant dome. the worst part is if your own brother (like in my house) absolutely LOVES steampunk. "hey, watc that, it has STEAMPUNK in it!" (this is the reason i hate Wild Wild West), 'what are you playing?' "a new game i got! IT'S IN STEAMPUNK!!!" GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *suicide*

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: June 17, 2011, 03:40:08 pm »

An idea for high-tier smelting:

? Workshop: Lead + ?(sulfur?) => Uncharged battery
Generator worksop: 2 batteries + coal => 2 Charged batteries + CO2 boulder (put a syndrome if you want Ex.: Dizziness)
Electric furnace: Charged battery + ore => Metal bar + Uncharged battery (90% so there can be a loss)

Generator worksop might need some advanced pieces like mechanisms, pistons, whatever.
I know it should be less efficient, but it is just for a higher tier thing, and maybe it could be useful for some other thing or workshop
So... whadaya think?

clockwork

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Performer
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: June 17, 2011, 05:11:17 pm »

I like the mod. I hope you update with the next version, when curses come out. :D

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: June 17, 2011, 06:47:32 pm »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... roach soup.

Currently only mammals can be pickled, rats, squirrels, birds. However I am probably going to do something similar with insects. Maybe just dried _____ .

An idea for high-tier smelting:

? Workshop: Lead + ?(sulfur?) => Uncharged battery
Generator worksop: 2 batteries + coal => 2 Charged batteries + CO2 boulder (put a syndrome if you want Ex.: Dizziness)
Electric furnace: Charged battery + ore => Metal bar + Uncharged battery (90% so there can be a loss)

Generator worksop might need some advanced pieces like mechanisms, pistons, whatever.
I know it should be less efficient, but it is just for a higher tier thing, and maybe it could be useful for some other thing or workshop
So... whadaya think?

Wow it's been a while since your last post NightS. Welcome back!

A reusable fuel source. I like the idea, it might not be batteries because of the lack of sulfur , but I'll find a way to fit it in.

[EDIT] I looked into it, it appears that batteries require metal, sulfur, plastic, lead, and water. None of these would be to hard to mod in. However a pain to get it all together. But well worth it. I may have to take up that plastic idea again.[/EDIT]

I like the mod. I hope you update with the next version, when curses come out. :D

Indeed, so am I. I have big plans for 31.26  :)

-----

I started a tundra fort yesterday. No trees is a serious setback, but thank Toady for clay. Additionally I found a serious bug that made charcoal super easy to get. I'll get it fixed soon enough.

I also plan on cleaning up the Smelter Reactions a bit. Getting rid of some reactions and metals that are not possible to make because their ores are long gone.

The tileset is kinda iffy. Ocean tiles just look plain weird, and sand floor looks like I designated a wall for digging. I can't tell if the stairs are up and down, but I think that's just my eyes being dumb. My brain is kinda wired for ASCII at this point. Stockpiles seem like they turn whole tiles black. Most of the tiles seem pretty good though. I can tell what most of everything else is, but I haven't played long enough to see the infected yet(Did see them in previous versions, just that it was in ASCII. Also, Fun was had.). The mod so far is pretty great.

I've finally gotten into repairing a few of the tiles, thanks for the input and support :D

The water tiles have been changed which will also effect the sand tiles. I'll mess around with the stockpile tiles a tad, make them lighter. I'll see if I can make it more obvious which one is up and down.

-----

Question of the Post:

Out of curiosity how many of you use porcelain? If I removed Koalinite and Orthoclase, it's two less minerals to compete with more useful things like Iron.

If you do you use it, would you be willing to trade it for Veins of Limestone. Which then could be combined with ground up stone and water to create multiple boulders of concrete.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:54:56 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 111