Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289239 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #10455 on: March 19, 2023, 08:14:47 am »

Ah that explains why it was so disapointing to see how easy i could deal with this enemy in comparison to what the quest description made it appear if the guy refered in the quest is not that ingame unit.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: March 22, 2023, 06:00:45 pm »

Killed the goddamn Flood Dragon. Finally. That took weeks, real life, of prep work. Prior to that, I did successfully get my Shendao cultivator to the highest mental state, but that required a bit of cheat-modding so it probably doesn't count. Though to be fair, she was bugged out anyways.

Nobody died. There were some limbs lost, but that's actually quite easy to fix. Only real and permanent damage to the sect was a loss of a few tiles of spirit soil I was growing herbs on.

Main fighters were the dog, a physical cultivator with 72k attack power in his right fist(the only attack secret body equipped), the Shendao cultivator with her divine artifact: a Spirit Crystal Vessel with an attack value of about 63k, the Stand artifact being named Infinite Evil Expelling Vessel, and enough qi recover to be basically invincible. And lastly, four Xiandao cultivators, two Grand Chariot and two Seven-Slaughtering Sword, all armed with T10-T11 Quality 100 Jade or Holy Stone(earth is good vs Flood Dragon) Spear artifacts, 10 in all. Artifact power ratings were 20k-25k, except my second disciple(that is, promoted this whole run), who had nearly 42k. Also had my sect leader on standby to dispel the storm.

Prep work included feeding everyone(except the physical) a combination of Spirit Stone, Spirit Crystal, Spirit Powder, and Shield Pill, and having everyone carry a spare Shield Pill and Divine Powder(physical carried food).

The fight itself, surprisingly, had few moments of any real suspense. Targeted the claws first, then the tail, then the forbidden scale(requires dispelling the storm three times), then the horn, and finally the main body with over 7 million qi. There were moments where I needed to pull fighters off to pick up more Divine Powder, but they were right back in the fight even if they lost an arm or so. The risk of his ultimate attack was... completely nil. He tried, but the only times he gained any charge for it was when he gained 50 points to it when he hit his True Form(main body <75% qi, claws become invulnerable hence killing them first) and two points from a Sanguine Absorption from an unbutchered snake corpse. He lost 30 points of it after I dispelled the storm again.

Unfortunately, the damn thing's corpse crashed right into the kitchen and part of the freezer.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: March 25, 2023, 07:33:26 am »

I have attained Stupidity in Loop Hero. Yesterday's attempt, my first time trying this particular build/strategy, resulted in 207 loops before I ended the run because I wanted to use my computer for other things.

Today I have refined the strategy, and have lined up other errands to do while I just leave it looping in the background.

Considering the strategy doesn't benefit from equipping so much as the starting equipment, let alone anything else that drops, it's safe to just ignore until you're ready to pull the plug.

Peak lööps, bröther.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: March 27, 2023, 10:05:40 am »

Worked out how to get the economy working properly and stop you from suffering from a massive amount of radicals by constantly pulling up your SoL. Made my first 1bn+ GDP nation. Admittedly that was as the USA so it was much simpler (Helped by me taking almost all of central/southern Africa) but still, 21 average SoL, 1.2bn economy, 200mn+ population, and only 2.5mn radicals with over 100mn loyalists.

Victoria 3
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: March 27, 2023, 01:08:33 pm »

I nuked a large ninja base into the ground.

I brought 12 DC launchers 27 Baby Nukes, and 2 Barells of Nuke. I used up all the Baby nukes on ground floor, levelling most of it. I was in fact surprised when the ninjas there did not surrender on the first turn and I had to hunt the survivors down after I ran out of nukes.

On the basement floor, I used tanks to place the Barells of Nuke, but they turned out to not be very effective (Even a thin Ninja Wall does stop a BoN explosion, even if it is knocked down in the process.). I knew DC launchers would not be effective underground, so I did not use them even though I did recoup 2 Baby Nukes.

In the rampage through the base, I lost one gal, she got hammered by a Ninja Nurse.

I killed 153 hostiles, recovered 72 corpses. 5 foes were knocked unconscious, and 1 surrendered. Total hostiles were 159 (assuming there was no lethal friendly fire on their side).

Unfortunately, the Ninjas did manage to blow up my equipment stash in the underground, so while I won, it will cost me a lot to replace my gear.

Edit: As it turns out, the gal that died was one that had a Stasis Pod assigned, so while she lost stats and armor, she herself will not be missed for long.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 01:13:22 pm by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10460 on: March 28, 2023, 11:22:51 am »

Noticed latest update of The Hunter : Call of the Wild added a free lodge for everyone (to be built on the Layton Lakes reserve) , nice so at least now for people that buy no dlc there is a reason to use that costly taxidermise option when checking a prey you killed and wants to keep as a trophy.

Taking a walk in on Hirschfelden i heard some noise from a red deer.
As they usually make some nice money, i crouched and went under some heavy vegetation cover and started to use the deer-specific caller.

After a while i spotted a rather interesting red deer as it had some huge and very odd horns, i knew this wasn't a normal one.
Observing with my binocs it appears this one was a "mythical" red deer (level 8 animal) , never saw one before in the hundred of hours walking around the 2 massive free reserves of the game.

What a perfect target for a trophy display on the free lodge.
So i aimed my 7mm (one of the best non-DLC rifle, even if its bullets are slightly less penetrating than the Rangemaster .338, it has less bullet drop and better handling) and managed to land a good shot that killed the target nearly on the spot

So happy for my first mythical (there exist a level 9 for animal that is called legendary but never saw any in hundred of hour) , that for some reason only gave me a gold medal , i pressed enter to move on after checking the prey.
... and noticed that i ... forgot ... to ... taxidermize it, and now it's gone ...

Oh well, probably never going to see another mythical in the game ... but later a herd of european bison paid the price of me being furious at being stupid, and i managed to kill a nice one that got me another gold medal, at least this one i didn't forgot to get it as a trophy

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: March 28, 2023, 01:32:34 pm »

... and noticed that i ... forgot ... to ... taxidermize it, and now it's gone ...

I'm sure the moment has long passed now, but for future reference.... the game automatically stores the last unsaved harvest you made, so if you'd gone to the trophy lodge and checked your saved trophies list immediately before killing anything else you still would have been able to save/taxidermize it. Not sure if learning that now makes it better or worse.  :P

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10462 on: March 28, 2023, 04:07:37 pm »

I guess that's what they call rubbing salt in the wound, but thanks at least i know there's a way for the next time, if it ever happen again considering how rare those things are  :D

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10463 on: March 28, 2023, 07:51:40 pm »

Had a solid silver meteor open up an ancient danger within a week of starting. My guys only had knives, so it was basically a death sentence. Figured I'd ride it out and see if I could survive.

Turns out, it was insects rather than mechanoids. Still, spelopedes (Thankfully no megaspiders) aren't pushovers without ranged weapons or good melee weapons, and I had neither. One of the spelopedes isolated itself and I fell on it with all five tribals. The knives worked surprisingly well, and it was, after a good scuffle, killed. The other spelopede and two megascarabs then ran right past all my guys and towards base. After getting halfway there they went passive, so I figured the AI had broken and set them to fully passive. Guys all went past, then suddenly they got aggressive, except this time the pawns were all split up and there was three things attacking. They, luckily, tried to kill the brawler. He held them off long enough for everyone else to arrive and kill them off. Overall casualties: Everyone cut up, one missing eye, one missing toe, and no deaths. Reward: Power claw, skin hardening techprint, a building to tear down, and whatever's in the caskets.

Rimworld

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: March 30, 2023, 04:48:21 pm »

After many attempts and more than a couple very close calls, I lead my zombie hordes to victory against the tide of good, finally securing my powers as the superior magick.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10465 on: April 01, 2023, 02:49:20 am »

Leif's trial was a disaster at the first try, but the second time I've persevered.

I knew what I was doing now, so I could build a strategy - I knew that ballistae would hit 100% for high damage, so I tried towaste their ammo with high HP characters assisted by Celine's and Jean's healing, as well as as Veronica's summoned gimp. Even so, Panette/Veronica and Zelkov/Tiki got wrecked. Finally I've sent Kagetsu alone to finish off the archers and clerics down south. He did that easily, then rejoined the rest on the bridge by engaging with Camilla and taking a shortcut.

I was hoping to kill something on the other side of the river with Lyn's Astra Storm, but I had Lyn equipped on Ivy for some reason. Taking Ivy was a mistake, really; not only was she unable to utilize her emblem, but she's also extremely vulnerable to ranged attacks, including ballistae. She's also outclassed as a magic user by Celine and even Jean who can't even cast A grade spells. Her mobility isn't an asset if she has to stay in the back outside of the range of enemies.

Back to the important stuff. Rather than using tanky characters, I've pushed through the bridge with Alcryst and Alear who were almost impossible to hit when hiding in the thicket. Alcryst is surprisingly viable in melee when engaged with an emblem, in this case with Hector.

On the eastern bank I've discovered that the ballistae couldn't hit Alear for some reason. I still managed to get Ivy killed, because I assumed the siege engines would target her shadow clones. Whoopsie.

Leif's mounted magesscared me a little, but I had good old Jean who can tank magic pretty well, as well as counter magic users with martial arts. The first thing I had him do, however, was to get surrounded, and weaken most of the remaining enemies with Ike's special attacks. While others finished off the mooks, Kagetsu/Camilla and Alear/Edelgard focused on Leif himself. Kagetsu had 50% to crit with his wo dao, while Alear could use a wide range of weaponry thanks to his emblems.

Still can't get through Robin/Chrom's trial though.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10466 on: April 02, 2023, 07:49:29 pm »

Getting pretty good a Mobile Infantry combat. Winning melee gunfights, sniper duels, even taking out a few tanks. Almost got surprised by a Bradley, but they didn't notice me and I put an AT rocket into its ammo rack.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: April 08, 2023, 11:29:52 pm »

Was doing quite well in my Space Haven game - technically the tutorial game but hey it starts out the same! - with 14 crew members and excesses in basically everything I needed to run my ship and keep my crew fit and healthy.

I was cruising around looking for chemicals and derelicts, but ran into pirates.

“Easy peasy,” says I “I have quite some crew from captured and converted pirates attacking my ship.”

Unfortunately this one has ship weapons and I hadn’t installed shield generators to cover my re-charging of the hyperspace engines. They shot me up a bit, and offered a ceasefire, which I rejected ‘cause I have no idea what I’m doing. They destroyed my ship, which I hitherto did not know destroyed all of my pod bags and shuttle bays, of which I had 6 and 2 respectively, and all 4 of my engines. They stopped shooting me, which makes sense given that my ship was now open to the vacuum of space.

I had enough resources to build a pod bay and a shuttle bay, though I had to dismantle two jukeboxes in order to get the tech blocks, because I was going to raid the scummy bastard pirates what did this to me! Unfortunatelt, everyone was dying due to the whole freezing and suffocating thing that vacuum does.

Or so I thought! One person lived! Luckily someone with some weapon skills, enough to wield a laser rifle, and kited out with an armored vest. Reece, the Revenger. I got set his working priorities to construct and he built the shuttle bay, and coasted over to the pirate ship.

Upon entry, a formal declaration of war was made, because why not, and out the shuttle he popped, faced with two pirates protecting the airlock. Reece ran to cover, taking potshots at these “gentlemen” but apparently couldn’t shoot beyond the pirate’s own docked shuttle, necessitating a quick repositioning as they tried to flank him.

Vitner was the first pirate to fall, sizzled by well placed shots, quickly followed by Jon’s near-death surrender. The door to the cargo bay was opened, revealing a nice long corridor populated by three further pirates, angered at the death of one and the cowardice of another of their crew mates.

Reece retreated behind Jon’s previously occupied cover, and took aim at Dan and Flint. One of them had lasers, but both fell to Reece’s well-placed blasts, followed by another surrender from Chris, who was grazed by a laser shot or something I don’t know he was undamaged according to the HUD.

Reece pushed forward, revealing Ellen, the vicious pirate captain further down the corridor, who was blasted and she surrendered on the floor, too broken to continue the fight.

Unfortunately, Kris got a lucky shot in and Reece, the craven piece of shit, surrendered with barely a scratch on him.

… the pirates offered to ransom him back, however, for some credits and supplies, and Reece once again decided to fight the bastards, and once again surrendered to Kris because Kris is apparently nails.

This went on for a few more attempts, one of which resulted in Jon, Ellen, and Chris’ death, before finally Reece killed Kris and took over the ship.

Unfortunately despite the undamaged nature of the vessel, I couldn’t claim it, so I had to painstakingly replace the hull of my own broken vessel, which is slightly difficult in vacuum because Reece couldn’t sleep or eat or breathe, but we got there in the end, with the aid of some civilian vessels offering to patch up Reece.

Now I have an oversized vessel that I could probably shave a lot of excess hull from to save in hyperfuel, as Reece’s industry skill caps put at 4, and I need 5 to make energy rods to power the ship, and 6 to make hyperfuel so I can actually move the ship.

Reece also can’t grow food, because the only thing he’s capable of is wholesale murder, apparently.

One thing I may be able to do is enslaving people, though it would necessitate declaring war on one faction or another, and then them surrendering to me. I would need someone who can actually make things though, given Reece’s aforementioned shortcomings.

Oh well! A game I thought lost continues for a time, with a not particularly useful crew member and possible murder in the future.

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10468 on: April 11, 2023, 02:30:46 pm »

Playing Brazil, and I've reached the point I can take on France and win. I mean, I lost the war, but that was because I had to entice Britain on to my side (France sided with Bolivia) and Britain's fucking useless at invading places they don't already have a front, and to enforce the goal they wanted I'd have had to capture their capital.

Still, kicked France's arse in the Brazilian theater.

Vicky 3

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: April 17, 2023, 11:03:15 am »

Had some unbelievable luck.

Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 709