Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289377 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #465 on: May 07, 2012, 02:47:35 am »

I just defended a castle of 50 Nords against 800 Swads. I lost 43 men.

Mount and Blade
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 14, 2012, 12:57:34 am »

Defeated my first monster zoo using a mace, a shield, dodging abilities, berserker fury, necromancy, and blood magic :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 14, 2012, 08:00:03 am »

My Colonel died after getting back in cover from making his 30th kill, after that, the commander furiously jumped out of his cover and killed three of them with three shots.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 19, 2012, 12:22:04 pm »

Spoiler: Da fuq? (click to show/hide)
And that's not all of them. And I deal with about half that many taking the other drop point to get more reinforcements in. Somehow a bombing run and orbital bombardment both missed them entirely(although the orbital bombarbment took out one of their factories, the one visible in the screenshot). Accoding to the AAR, I took out 6 companies(5 tanks per company), which I might call BS on if it didn't also say I lost no units during the battle, despite the fact that I did in fact lose one or two hovertank companies, at least one AT-ST company, and one Stormtrooper company.

And prior to that, the Rebels made an attack on I think Ilum, consisting first of Home One, the Sundered Heart, and just a few corvettes and frigates... or so I thought. The Acclimator I had went down pretty damn quick, but after crippling Home One by bombing all the gun turrets facing the station, I went to to work taking down the corvettes. Eventually took out Reyus, and most of the visible corvettes, and then finished off Ackbar. I thought I had won, but upon destroying Home One, I large force of Nebulon-Bs, more corvettes, and snub fighters jumped in.
And somehow, I beat them. With a damaged level 1 station, one Broadside, and all the TIEs the station could spit out, I defeated the Rebels.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 19, 2012, 01:14:19 pm »

That screenshot reminded me of these:

I conquered a planet's spacearea with nothing but Starvipers. Didn't lose anything.

Long time ago, though.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 19, 2012, 03:47:27 pm »

I often fight of entire enemy attacks with just my level 3-5 space station. Doesn't really count as the criminals faction is quite good and is often swimming in cash, allowing it to easily repair all the damage. (Also the enemy AI being stupid enough to come in range of the station batteries instead of waiting and taking out the defenses with missiles)

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 19, 2012, 03:54:35 pm »

I was playing spy in Team Fortress 2, and I managed to get behind a charge to capture point c in gravel pit. There was a medic and his heavy, a pyro, and a sniper. I backstabbed them all and then got away unscathed.

It was glorious. (For me, at least.)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #472 on: May 25, 2012, 05:33:49 am »

Not sure if this counts as 'owning' but I was defending the flag and every time the enemy would come try to take it, they would come in the exact same way giving me plenty of time to see them. I had worked out the exact timing required by the 3rd or 4th attempt, so every time I saw them coming in I chucked a grenade on the flag so that it went off right as they landed. I stood slightly in front of their path of travel.

What happened was the grenade went off right after they picked up the flag, killing them and causing them to drop it... right onto my head.

So I got points for the kill, points for flag defense, points for killing the flag carrier, and points for returning it.

This happened 4-5 times!!

Finally they got wise and started using other approaches.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 25, 2012, 06:17:14 am »

As usual the entire fleet went north leaving my crappy SY against a USN BB5 and a freaking QV south.
I managed to get a salvo on QV (it survived because it's a motherf... QV) but had to kite the entire time.

Lucky enough my team north managed to win up north and descend upon the foe overwhelming them and leaving none alive... cept for the panicked BB5 i managed to take out before thay rushed it.

"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 25, 2012, 07:10:12 am »

Managed to hold a beleaguered Blue Team against the Arthur's Original Elites (the clan Taricus and Tiruin are part of, I believe, but they weren't online) to recover lost ground.

While we definitely didn't win, from me and some noobs' defensive skills, and the fact that they listened to me, we did manage to close the gap.

Also I managed to defeat [AOE]Exid in close combat, TWICE, without healing, which I guess is skill, but it could've been luck. (Exid is the most difficult to fight member of AOE I have ever encountered.)

King Arthur's Gold.
EDIT: game...

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 25, 2012, 11:23:01 am »

You made me want to play Empire at War again. And I've indefinitely lended my copy to a friend.
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 25, 2012, 12:01:48 pm »

Managed to beat Skeletron for the first time, followed the very next day by a goblin invasion. Next up: Hell!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 25, 2012, 12:07:01 pm »

Managed to beat Skeletron for the first time, followed the very next day by a goblin invasion. Next up: Hell!

I can't wait till you hardmode. Especially if it's accidental.
Yeah, it's gonna be good times :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 25, 2012, 12:08:33 pm »

Managed to hold a beleaguered Blue Team against the Arthur's Original Elites (the clan Taricus and Tiruin are part of, I believe, but they weren't online) to recover lost ground.

While we definitely didn't win, from me and some noobs' defensive skills, and the fact that they listened to me, we did manage to close the gap.

Also I managed to defeat [AOE]Exid in close combat, TWICE, without healing, which I guess is skill, but it could've been luck. (Exid is the most difficult to fight member of AOE I have ever encountered.)

King Arthur's Gold.
EDIT: game...

YOU KILLED EXID IN FAIR COMBAT
TWICE?

YOU ARE GOD HAVE MY BABIES!

Throwing 3 heavvies and 3 medics off a cliff in upward.
HUEG PYRO SKILLS FTW!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 25, 2012, 02:17:00 pm »

It might not be as violent or funny as most of the things on here, but watching the little dot of my first geological survey ship take off; and knowing the years of research and development that were put into it just made me feel SO BOSS.

Aurora, by the way.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 709