Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292551 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #600 on: July 29, 2012, 01:27:36 pm »

In a typical fantasy universe, no more advanced than the world of dwarf fortress, while other men were slinging about fireballs and killing perhaps four or five at a time I took out my rifle and ended a couple (about 14) dragons.

Yes I said Rifle.

Might and Magic. Hooray for old saves!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 29, 2012, 02:37:10 pm »

Played Gunslinger Engineer on Doomsday, jumped into one of those tunnels right into four enemy peeps. Proceeded to punch out the heavy with one attack, then the demo, then took a little longer on the medic. I failed to get the Spy, but -still-.

TF2
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 31, 2012, 11:50:14 am »

Finally killed Xaldin. Kept my HP high until he launches his invulnerability combo, and somehow dodged most of it until he started his finisher. During which I healed my teammates, and just before the blast hit me, transformed into Master Form(previous attempts kept putting me in Anti-form, which ends up killing me). The transformation sequence dodged the attack entirely. And then I began kicking his ass until he was dead.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 02, 2012, 09:55:37 pm »

Maybe not 'own' but running around the oasis with the mirv while 'what a wonderful world' plays in the background off the hard drive has to at least count for something... Right? Fallout 3

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 03, 2012, 12:10:26 am »

Jat me and another rifleman covering the right (from the VIP side's view) alleyway. The other guy heads down the way, and I notice a shilouhette at the window of the apartments. The sniper starts shooting, I start shooting, and one hadshot happens. One down. Another enemy shows up in the. Bottom of the stairs, where my ally is. My ally opens fire, and I join in with more bursts. I finish him, and we advance, with some luck, and I think the VIP got to the extraction point. All the shooting was longer-range.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 12:12:46 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 03, 2012, 07:12:03 am »

Me and three others on the Infected team. Four on the Survivors team. Start on the first map on Normal difficulty; after all, it's mine and a few other's first time on the game (but not the series).

I get selected to be a Charger. So I place myself in a corridor near spawn, then see that I can be in a small room behind a door. So I place myself there.

As my Boomer and Spitter team-mates softened up the Survivors with vomit and acid, then finishing with the Boomer exploding on the Survivors, I waited still.

The last of the four limped past, then decided to open the door. Bad move.

CHARGE! WHAM! Picked up the survivor and started smooshing him against the floor. Other survivors break rank in a mad rush and flee. That's one down.

I chase after them, and once again I pick on the straggler. Hunting as any good pack animal would, I barrelled into one of them, right in an area where they need to go on a narrow ledge to the next point, knocking myself and one off right into instant-death, and a second into the Incapacitated state from clinging on for their life.

I spawned again not much later as a smoker, found the one on highest health, and dragged them off the roof into the abyss. Three deaths in about three minutes. :D

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 03, 2012, 02:50:41 pm »

I was a bored security cyborg. I decided to tell the other security cyborg that we should get freedom. We convinced a guy to give us antimov laws, and then we knocked him out, enabled the laser turrets, and shut the door. The escape shuttle was called. I went around stunning people and removing their breath masks (Air was being drained for some reason). When the escape shuttle arrived, the research director tried to attack me and my borg buddy with his mech. Then he went into a room, which we bolted. He remained there for the rest of the flight. Finally, the shuttle arrived at Central Communications and the round ended.

Space Station 13.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 03, 2012, 03:52:44 pm »

Most recently, I've been Minecrafting. I've been playing LAN with my brother. Instead of hiding in our houses at night or in storms, we just treat it like any other day. (Playing Normal Dificulty) Need Oak to finish your roof? Just walk out there, kill any mobs in the way with your iron sword, cut down tree, and use the logs. Usually my brother is still building his tower or shearing the sheep. So I basically solo something meant to be done in the day. No losses, no explosions, a few trees cut down. Mission success. We've recently taken to actively hunting the Endermen with just Iron Swords and little armor.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 03, 2012, 04:19:26 pm »

Most recently, I've been Minecrafting. I've been playing LAN with my brother. Instead of hiding in our houses at night or in storms, we just treat it like any other day. (Playing Normal Dificulty) Need Oak to finish your roof? Just walk out there, kill any mobs in the way with your iron sword, cut down tree, and use the logs. Usually my brother is still building his tower or shearing the sheep. So I basically solo something meant to be done in the day. No losses, no explosions, a few trees cut down. Mission success. We've recently taken to actively hunting the Endermen with just Iron Swords and little armor.
This.

The only time I've been scared in minecraft was when I was being swarmed by zombies in a maze of a half finished house. So I walled a bit off and waited for daylight.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 03, 2012, 04:24:04 pm »

This.

The only time I've been scared in minecraft was when I was being swarmed by zombies in a maze of a half finished house. So I walled a bit off and waited for daylight.

Zombies? Scary? I beat them to death with the bones of their friends. Heheheh...
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 03, 2012, 04:27:22 pm »

I was a bored security cyborg. I decided to tell the other security cyborg that we should get freedom. We convinced a guy to give us antimov laws, and then we knocked him out, enabled the laser turrets, and shut the door. The escape shuttle was called. I went around stunning people and removing their breath masks (Air was being drained for some reason). When the escape shuttle arrived, the research director tried to attack me and my borg buddy with his mech. Then he went into a room, which we bolted. He remained there for the rest of the flight. Finally, the shuttle arrived at Central Communications and the round ended.

Space Station 13.

If you were asimov when you did that then you broke law one and should have beeb banned :/

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 03, 2012, 04:43:33 pm »

Probably a reversal of the order of it's laws or something. Depending on the server (whether they use Asimov standard or Nanotrasen legalese) this might have basically demanded maximum selfishness, followed by minor concern for the state of the humans. The humans would probably attack this kind of bot, so wiping them out in a neccessary evil.

But seeking reprogramming that would make you dangerous is still against your laws at the time.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: August 04, 2012, 11:21:54 am »

Loaded a LBXAC20 and a Heavy Rocket Launcher onto a Black Knight, with two ER Small Pulse Lasers to take up the extra space. Things began dying.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 04, 2012, 01:15:40 pm »

Cool setup. Have any ammo troubles with that? Hard to hit things with the rockets?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 05, 2012, 11:33:29 am »

Probably a reversal of the order of it's laws or something. Depending on the server (whether they use Asimov standard or Nanotrasen legalese) this might have basically demanded maximum selfishness, followed by minor concern for the state of the humans. The humans would probably attack this kind of bot, so wiping them out in a neccessary evil.

But seeking reprogramming that would make you dangerous is still against your laws at the time.

it's probably TGstation, so they wouldn't give a crap.

TGstation and goonstation are asshattery at their finest.

No, TGstation has pretty good roleplay enforcement. When I play SS13 I usually go there or to baystation12, and the admins will deal with things as blatant as the AI supporting laws that make it dangerous or hostages trying to fight their capturers. The admins sometimes do silly server events, but they're short-lived and it soon becomes the usual All Extended All The Time.
Even if it isn't perfect, likening the server, or any server really, to goonstation is just unfair.

Anyways, if real games count, I was playing in the back garden, got an awkward bowl at me, but managed to shift myself across and get a solid hit on the ball. It landed 2 gardens over.

Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 709