Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292579 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #1815 on: October 16, 2013, 05:39:00 pm »

thats amazing :)
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: October 16, 2013, 08:11:32 pm »

I stole a pair of magboots. It sounds simple, but at every single turn, something went wrong in my plan. EVERY. SINGLE. TURN. I stun a cop? No cuffs. Get cuffs? Another cop. Get more cuffs? ANOTHER cop. Stun him? The first cop is running around like a dickhead. Secborg comes. FLEEEEEEEEEE. I eventually won by hiding on the Security pod and murdering the cop that came to find me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: October 17, 2013, 12:29:07 am »

I stole a pair of magboots. It sounds simple, but at every single turn, something went wrong in my plan. EVERY. SINGLE. TURN. I stun a cop? No cuffs. Get cuffs? Another cop. Get more cuffs? ANOTHER cop. Stun him? The first cop is running around like a dickhead. Secborg comes. FLEEEEEEEEEE. I eventually won by hiding on the Security pod and murdering the cop that came to find me.
Ye furgot teh gam! (I can guess. Others, though...)
Constant cop attack?
Who runs that station? Zap Branigan?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: October 18, 2013, 09:08:47 pm »

So, I'm playing Deathwatch again. Still got the same character that beat a Hive Tyrant and Chaos Sorcerer [followed by causing a Daemon to feel fear] in close combat. I only have 17 wounds. I haven't taken damage the whole time in the characters' lifetime.

We're preparing for an assault on an airbase, and our chosen vector of attack takes us through a series of underground tunnels.

Turns out they were a Necron Tomb. So we're navigating through a shifting maze of corridors and rooms - fortunately the first Necron we fought was an Immortal rather than something seriously nasty, and it died in one turn due to my Astartes buddies getting lucky. Then a Lychguard comes through.

My character got knocked back into another room by the Immortal's first shot [took no damage, though] and the door slammed shut. The Astartes fight the Lychguard for a bit, and when the door re-opens, my character charges and instakills the Lychguard [it had like 5 wounds left]. It doesn't get back up.

So we continue. We eventually find the exit.

Standing in front of it is:

-Another Lychguard
-A Deathmark

-A Necron Overlord

My response? CHARGE!

After two incredibly lucky Righteous Fury rolls on it [the Astartes were dealing with the Lychguard and Deathmark], the Overlord...well, he had an item that made an attack impossible to parry with three degrees of success or more.

His WS at this time was 65. He rolled a 32.

I get hit by a Hyperphase Sword. Instantly take 2 Critical Damage to the arm and I drop one of my two power swords.

I still have three attacks next turn.

First attack, 4 total damage.

Second attack, 19 total damage.

Third attack...39 total damage. Coupled with the earlier ones, the Overlord finally falls. Well, teleports away, but nevermind that. We escape.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mira Steel is a badass. =)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: October 19, 2013, 04:22:48 pm »

I defeated the Stalker in close combat.

Not exactly impressive, but it was so beautiful I count it as ownage.

EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: October 19, 2013, 10:49:50 pm »

I won the Dangeresque, Too
My god that was a gruelling series of tournements. Thankfully the RNG threw me a bone and gave me two chances at it.

PNatI
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: October 20, 2013, 11:37:26 am »

Everything went flawlessly on my first mission. Every recruit got a kill or two, not once of them missed an overwatch or an aimed attack. None of them was harmed either. I'm scared, what's going on?

XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: October 20, 2013, 12:14:30 pm »

The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 20, 2013, 01:47:47 pm »

Italia Irredenta!

« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 02:12:11 pm by Un67 »

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: October 20, 2013, 04:06:24 pm »

Managed to beat a multiplayer level with my dad. My god, there was no end to the Russians, but with his Sniper Rifle and my M16 and LAW we made it off that damn island.

Operation Flashpoint. It's difficult to do things with two intelligent people in a squad of six.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: October 20, 2013, 06:20:05 pm »

Everything went flawlessly on my first mission. Every recruit got a kill or two, not once of them missed an overwatch or an aimed attack. None of them was harmed either. I'm scared, what's going on?

XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.
True that.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: October 20, 2013, 09:23:50 pm »

Invade a fellow I'd encountered before at upper Sen's Funhouse. He's remarkably well equipped, with Artorias armor, Gold Tracer, what I think is Dark Bead, and a Shotel that does a remarkable amount of damage. I'd defeated him previously by the skin of my teeth, by popping Humanity and coming out of the inevitable back stab slightly better off. I head in, and am surprised to find that alongside his Dark Bead he knows Crystal Magic weapon on what I believe to be a Washing Pole. It's damaging me through my shield and inflicting bleed, so I retreat to the catwalk and he soon follows me down. He have a small bout, and I'm sure that if we find ourselves actually dueling much longer that I'll meet my end. But just when my hope was lost, that I was sure that I would plummet off of the catwalk and down into the broken grate, I unintentionally get a back stab. The post stab kick knocks him back into the abyss of Sen's fortress. Target Destroyed. Returning with newfound humanity.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: October 20, 2013, 10:59:01 pm »

So you pulled an unintentional THIS IS SPARTA on him? I approve.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: October 21, 2013, 08:21:44 pm »

After 5 failed attempts that made it to the moon, without enough fuel to get back (No exaggeration, the Mun is covered in debris... ) I managed to rescue my two stranded Kerbals!  No mechjeb, no other tools, just flying by the seat of my pants.  It was fairly intense, especially after failing so many times.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 08:28:22 pm by Puzzlemaker »
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 22, 2013, 04:23:20 am »

I was farming the top lane when suddenly a teamfight breaks out in the Radiant's jungle! Oh god my travel boots are on cooldown and I'm out of position what do I do- oh wait I'm fast enough to run over there in five seconds.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 04:25:08 am by Myroc »
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 709