Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1293049 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2010 on: December 29, 2013, 11:35:50 pm »

A 31-ship-strong Zuul fleet (mostly cruisers) attacked another colony. This one at least had defensive platforms up, but no mobile defenders. Though some shots managed to hit the planet, and several defensive platforms were destroyed, the colony held and destroyed a few of the attackers. The next turn, one of my warfleets arrived and finished off the rest. No losses, of course.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Apparently the option to organize your defenses in advance is somewhat broken. Sensors detected a large Zuul fleet approaching, and so I set up my battlefleet so that they were facing the direction they were coming from. Except apparently something went wrong and they ended up on the exact opposite side of the colony. The colony with no defensive platforms.

As soon as I realized what went wrong, I turned my fleet about and rushed to the other side of the planet, where the Zuul were already bombarding the populace despite the best efforts of the planet-launched missiles. Thankfully, the Zuul broke off to engage the fleet instead.

There was no time for strategy, or for reorganizing the fleet. Just a brutal point-blank slugging match, with Zuul reinforcements arriving every time one of their ships exploded. Phaser and antimatter dueled with mass drivers and missile spam, and eventually the entire Zuul fleet was utterly crushed. The colony, though badly battered, survived.

The next turn, I launched an offensive against a major Zuul world. This fleet was designed from engine to bridge as an anti-Zuul task force: an Armada CnC, two PD cruisers, and my latest design, the Obliterator class of dreadnought. These guys were all about delivering delicious anti-matter-flavored death via projectors, heavy triple-barreled cannons, and regular cannons. Oh, and they projected a field in front of them that rendered them virtually immune to physical weapons like missiles.

The fleet drove directly towards the enemy world, shrugging off the initial barrage of missiles from fleet, platforms, and planet alike. Any missiles that slipped around the shield were picked off instantly by point defense. When the Zuul fleet closed in and tried to get around the shields, concentrated antimatter fire tore them apart. All the enemy fleet managed to do was slow down my own just enough that the planet and defensive platforms were virtually untouched, but that will change next turn.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:52:35 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: December 30, 2013, 01:14:19 pm »

Playing around with the debug menu. Learned that an M202 FLASH launcher can really demolish a town. Whereas an M3 Recoiless Rifle cannot even penetrate a car's side(even with HEDP rounds), an incinderary rocket will make the car no longer there. Swarms of zombies don't even have a chance.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: December 30, 2013, 01:36:02 pm »

Got an invincibility orb early on in the level. So I start running around with my Longinus Spear (basically the BFG of melee) and wailing on people. I kill a former human and start going berserk too. I'm this whirlwind of death, running around instagibbing everything with my angelic spear. I must have killed 8 barons of hell this way, one after the next. It was glorious.

I cleared the level before invincibility and berserk ran out.

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: December 30, 2013, 02:29:07 pm »

Doing some random online battles in Pokemon Y.  I get matched up with somebody using a bunch of legendaries.  I'm using a Talonflame, Jolteon, and Tyrantrum.  Distinctly not legendary.

Battle starts with my Talonflame vs their Zekrom.  For the lolz I have my Talonflame use 'Me First' instead of switching to Jolteon.   

My Talonflame manages to outspeed the Legendary and uses Zekrom's signature Bolt strike against it, inflicting a significant amount of damage and paralyzing it.  And the paralysis ends up preventing the Zekrom from countering.

Next turn my opponent forfeits.  Giving me the win.   Talonflame OP.

Pokemon Y

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: December 30, 2013, 02:35:30 pm »

I fired all three of my Tiny Tots Mini-nukes at Ulysses, his Eyebot backup, and the half dozen Marked Men that were wailing on ED-E. Absolutely NOTHING survived. As a side note, it is REALLY satisfying to watch 21 micro-nuclear explosions go off, mushroom cloud and all, on the asshole boss that is heretofore invincible. I don't care how fast you heal, if I just fucking nuke you, YOU LAY DOWN AND DIE.

Then my game glitched and I talked him down instead, so now we get to go Back-to-Back Badasses on these Marked Men. FUCK YEAH! Two couriers, one in a duster and breathe mask, the other in a full set of Advanced Riot Gear, with HUD-equipped gas mask, full body armor, and a badass long coat over it all, plus a massive arsenal of various weaponry, standing at the base of a nuclear missile as a swarm of semi-Ghouls pour into the room in the dozens. THE STUFF OF LEGEND!

Fallout NV
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: December 30, 2013, 03:45:49 pm »

Started playing Risk of Rain because I was bored and I remembered it was helluva fun.
Played with the same settings I had it when the time I ragequitted it (because of that damned scepter of the ancients).
Merc, Monsoon.
WIN.

I AM BECOME DEATH.
DESTROYER OF WORLDS.
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: December 30, 2013, 03:49:17 pm »

Not really me but my cousin.

He was playing Legion Commander, farming the jungle for most of the game. He came out to kill a hero every so often to boost his damage. Then a teamfight happens at toplane, his team gets crushed but he was at the dire's bottom tower destroying it. Shadowfiend tps in then gets murdered four seconds afterwards, Clockwerk shows up late and traps himself with LC. He did not survive. My cousin took the tower and the barracks then went off to kill Roshan.

Right before the Radiant won, their Magnus decided to push LC into the fountain. It ended up getting him, Clockwerk, and Shadowfiend killed. He had a WTF?! reaction to my cousin strolling out to buy a divine rapier after killing them. This sums up my cousin's reaction. "OP? OP."
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: December 30, 2013, 05:06:41 pm »

July 1939: British tanks storm Nagasaki, and begin the march to Tokyo.

September 9, 1939: British tanks secure mainland Japan and the government flees to Germany.

With that Asia is under our control, now we turn our attention to Europe.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: December 30, 2013, 05:52:14 pm »

Doing some random online battles in Pokemon Y.  I get matched up with somebody using a bunch of legendaries.  I'm using a Talonflame, Jolteon, and Tyrantrum.  Distinctly not legendary.

Battle starts with my Talonflame vs their Zekrom.  For the lolz I have my Talonflame use 'Me First' instead of switching to Jolteon.   

My Talonflame manages to outspeed the Legendary and uses Zekrom's signature Bolt strike against it, inflicting a significant amount of damage and paralyzing it.  And the paralysis ends up preventing the Zekrom from countering.

Next turn my opponent forfeits.  Giving me the win.   Talonflame OP.

Pokemon Y

Wait what? Zekrom's half-Electric, and in X/Y Electric typing makes you immune to paralysis. Or am I missing something?  ???

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: December 30, 2013, 06:35:24 pm »

Wait what? Zekrom's half-Electric, and in X/Y Electric typing makes you immune to paralysis. Or am I missing something?  ???
It was definitely paralyzed.  Though I think it was also full effectiveness, which also shouldn't have happened now that I think about it.   Hacking maybe?  I would think the game would catch something like that though, and hacking to remove stab doesn't make sense.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: December 30, 2013, 07:17:07 pm »

Walked round corner, Boss enemy fell in sand, end credits?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: December 30, 2013, 07:35:07 pm »

Just bought both Xcom unkown and the DLC of it,((dont know if its A die))
Will post later what might happen

tbc
I think the continued posts of this would be better suited for the "How did you die" thread.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: December 30, 2013, 08:08:12 pm »

It was definitely paralyzed.  Though I think it was also full effectiveness, which also shouldn't have happened now that I think about it.   Hacking maybe?  I would think the game would catch something like that though, and hacking to remove stab doesn't make sense.
That makes sense. I was wondering when you said "did lots of damage", given that an unhacked Zekrom also has a double resistance to Electric. Past generations were very bad about detecting hacked Pokemon, so I'm not surprised... Wonder Guard Spiritombs were absolutely a thing once.  :o

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: December 30, 2013, 08:53:01 pm »

I gave Twin Blades a go...
I made the Flamestorm for luls and the results were magnificent in every regard.
I killed a Low Rank G. Jaggi in all of 20 seconds without even using Demon Mode, and took down a Rathian in about 5 with.
This is much better than when I used a Longsword or Switch Axe.
And they said sharpness was going to be a problem. This is only because everything within a 30 meter radius dies instantly.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #2024 on: December 30, 2013, 09:59:37 pm »

One hell of A blast, my shotgunner((named Goldy locks)) went right up to A muton and tazed it, Well, it worked, with A 20% chance.
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 709