Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292765 times)

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2250 on: March 04, 2014, 03:28:40 pm »

From the sound of it, I believe it is planetside 2.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: March 04, 2014, 03:39:49 pm »

Im all alone in an outpost being taken over by Terran Republic, went to the flag as medic, killed an heavy, pulled back to heal and while waiting for my shield to recover i see the green beam from a medic trying to revive the heavy, no time to waste and i rushed straight in, throwing a grenade and killing the medic, wounding an engineer and an infiltrator, a smoke grenade went off, but luckily i had thermal vision on my rifle, i proceeded to kill the remaining.

Refcaptured my base but then a big boom went off near me, i take a look from another window and i see a prowler.... I hunker down and wait... 2 ennemy came in and i quickly dispatched them, one medic and one engineer, most likely the same guys i already took care off but i didnt take their name. About a 2 magazine left in my assault rifle, but now i have backup showing up, i rush outside straight toward the prowler emptying my assault riffle magazine and.... I got the kill o.O

This was the day where i hold on to an outpost as a medic, overwhelmed by the ennemy and a tank, but im quite sure the tank kill was a mistake or i dont know because there is no way my assault riffle could damage it.

Name of the game?

Yeah planetside 2 sorry, updated my post.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: March 04, 2014, 03:56:05 pm »

I think that I might have a habit of overleveling no matter what I think.
I've been grinding up levels for the hardest non-story boss fight in the game, when I decide to try and fight it using only 3 party members(instead of the maximum of 4) with one being around 8 levels lower than it.

The boss absorbs every kind of damage except Pierce (bows,guns,spears,etc.) and Almighty (almost true-damage), and it also can enrage the entire party making them auto-attack until fixed.
At first the boss fight looked like I would just have to wear it down, but on it's first turn it enraged both of my other party members(who do pierce as their auto-attack).  When a party member is enraged, they do more damage per attack, attack twice per turn, and have an increased chance to make a critical hit(not sure but it seemed like it), however they take extra damage, are more likely to be critically hit, and cannot be directly controlled until they calm down.

When you or an enemy is critically hit, they get knocked down and whoever attacked can attack again.  If all the enemies are knocked down, you can perform an All-out attack which does tons of damage to all enemies.

BOTH of my party members got criticals, and with the All-out attacks I brought it to half health in 3 turns.  I think you can guess how the rest of the fight went.

Persona 3 Portable (male protagonist)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: March 04, 2014, 07:44:58 pm »

The boss absorbs every kind of damage except Pierce (bows,guns,spears,etc.) and Almighty (almost true-damage), and it also can enrage the entire party making them auto-attack until fixed.

That's the Jotunn of Grief, isn't it?  Also, how is that version?  And it's only on the PSP, right?  I've already bought a hand-held specifically for a Persona game, I might have to do it again.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: March 04, 2014, 09:31:31 pm »

So, I'm looting this town, when I see a guy in full iron on the other side of town. I take a shot at him with my sniper, hitting, but not killing. I then follow him, and find that he's got backup. I hide in a building, throwing a molotov at the door to try and hold them off. Right as the molotov wears off, a few zombies chase the two guys into a small building, where I manage to keep them inside with an M16. Eventually, I manage to kill both of them. I grab the loot, getting a Tier 4 Shotgun, Barrett Sniper Rifle, and AK47, with diamond sword.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: March 04, 2014, 10:58:55 pm »

My Fighter/Mage main character, plus Baeloth (who has 80% smart-magic resistance with the right items), Viconia, Edwin, Dorn, and a currently undetermined sixth member who will be the thief of the group (This game has exactly zero useful evil thieves.) are an engine of destruction. Everyone casts spells, fights in hand to hand, and probably both. Notably, only Baeloth and Edwin get to skip out on hand to hand combat, and that's because squishy wizards. My main character is actually more destructive than Dorn could ever hope to be, simply because I can Mirror Image, Magic Missile, and other various spells, despite my somewhat frailer nature due to my lack of armor. Even that isn't much compensation, because I have ALMOST as good an AC without plate armor on as he does with it, due to my robes, dexterity, shield, and various magical protective items.

Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: March 05, 2014, 12:46:34 am »

As an infiltrator, killed an NC MAX with the single worst pistol in the game. Pure luck.

Caught him unawares. He was anti-air, so he couldn't bring his full power to bear against me. I had the TX-1 Repeater, which is a very low damage pistol that fires three rounds rapidly. So if you can account for its horrid recoil, you might be able to hit a Galaxy (enormous gunship) right next to you.

He had his Aegis Shield up (blocks all frontal damage, but you cannot attack), and I shot him a few times in the arm. MAXes resist most bullet fire, but he didn't seem to realise that... uh, you can't fire without your shield down. He just walked slowly towards me, shield up, with me hopelessly plinking at his exposed right arm.

By the time he finally figured out how to lower his shield, I had plinked his armor and hull down to almost no health. He hit me with a few shots, leaving me on 0% armor and ~10% health - MAXes are designed to be able to take on pretty much any class and come out on top 1v1, but they're very expensive to use.

I hurriedly used the last of my cloak energy to reload the TX-1 Repeater, then fired all 21 remaining bullets into his arm after flanking him (cloaked, you're barely visible). He died. I won.

I was then killed a split second later, but damn if that didn't feel good.

Planetside 2, Briggs server.

Also: in Crusader Kings II:

The Aztecs, who formerly ruled over all of Iceland, Norway and Great Britain (except me) are facing massive, constant upheavals.

Their armies are horribly depleted, no longer the huge 150-250k doomstacks, now manageable sizes of around 30k-40k total, which is doable for me as Ireland with all of my demesne, levy and the three holy orders. I retook Ulster, fought off four peasant uprisings in Tyrone, then noted that the aztec's empire split in bloody half as England burst from its chest, coming back to life. England promptly realised I was making ground against the aztecs, arranged a marriage with my daughter Cthulette, then called me into their de jure wars. We stomped the Aztecs back up into Scotland, which was itself managing to take a few scant provinces back. Even Wales, which was long since dead, managed to free itself from the oppression of the Aztecs- well, some of it- the Duchy of Gwynedd broke apart from the Aztecs and joined in on the war, contributing about 450 soldiers.

It was glorious. Sadly, my Marshal with 23 Martial ability got captured and sacrificed. :(

Crusader Kings II - Sunset Invasion + Sword of Islam + Sons of Abraham + just about every DLC under the sun
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:55:08 am by Reudh »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: March 05, 2014, 11:15:36 am »

I really want to get back into crusader kings 2.  All the DLC's cost about 60 bucks total though, as I only have vanilla.  Plus there is the problem of how fucking complicated it can get.

Everytime I really sit down to play the game I end up thinking, "With the amount of mental effort this takes I could be doing something productive".
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

TripJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: March 05, 2014, 11:22:35 am »

I really want to get back into crusader kings 2.  All the DLC's cost about 60 bucks total though
wait for the next sale and you should be able to get all the ones that matter for less than 10

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: March 05, 2014, 12:31:35 pm »

my daughter Cthulette

The cute little abomination who will devour us all.

I really want to get back into crusader kings 2.  All the DLC's cost about 60 bucks total though, as I only have vanilla.  Plus there is the problem of how fucking complicated it can get.

Everytime I really sit down to play the game I end up thinking, "With the amount of mental effort this takes I could be doing something productive".

Legacy of Rome and the Old Gods are the two really nice ones.   Anything 2 dollars or less is purely cosmetic.  Also yes, sales.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: March 05, 2014, 03:17:13 pm »

That's the Jotunn of Grief, isn't it?  Also, how is that version?  And it's only on the PSP, right?  I've already bought a hand-held specifically for a Persona game, I might have to do it again.

Yep. It's pretty good, but it's my first Persona game so I can't compare it to Persona 3 FES or P4 or something.  Also yep.
I'm so damn close to finishing the game... can't wait for the upcoming final boss fight.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: March 07, 2014, 12:37:33 pm »

Kinda one-upping Hans on this, but I recently discovered the fun of parasites. On normal, managed to infect the entire world and started killing humans before any doctor realised something was wrong. By the time they scrambled to fend off the plague, humans were too tired and listless to mount any kind of serious resistance. Ended the game with 17% cure researched and 100% fatalities :3

Plague Inc: Evolved
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: March 07, 2014, 09:11:39 pm »

Ever use the unlimited DNA cheat plague?
It's so hilarious. Every symptom at once activates.

Same game as above.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: March 08, 2014, 12:18:00 am »

After several attempts, I finally defeated my local "100% completion" Streetpass foe on Hero mode. My success was slightly tarnished by me eating a Great Spin Attack early in the fight, forcing a heavy reliance on the rather abusive 'boomerang + spin' combo. The final moments had me drop to a single heart before landing several successive combos, ultimately securing the victory with a clutch normal swing.

This makes up for me bringing the bastard to 1/2 heart in a previous fight, only to lose all 4 of mine to a single Great Spin.  :'(

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: March 10, 2014, 11:43:02 am »

and it only took me 5 tries!
... now to fail it some more to see what he says.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 709