Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289429 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2490 on: April 27, 2014, 10:06:28 pm »

It's a bit hard to describe, sadly. Like, I'll often leave enemies alive on one side while I focus on the other side...but not always? The reason is that time slows down a bit if enemies are in both zones, so if you concentrate on pummeling one half of the screen into dust it will give you slightly more reaction time. This is especially useful if there are several dodging enemies.
Also, when enemies throw weapons at you, try to wait until the last second to attack the weapons. That seems to result in a catch more often, but that might just be coincidence.
Time to stop killing stickmen for the night, I think.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: April 27, 2014, 10:10:01 pm »

...I didn't even know leaderboards had a section for friends because I have none.

And yeah, I tend to do that sometimes, too.
But the throwing weapons thing is actually just a coincidence, if you look closely, then the weapons that you catch are a bright white, such as when you hold them, but the ones you don't catch are actually grey, so you can see them as different before you actually hit them.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: April 29, 2014, 02:18:40 pm »

I came up from the sewers exhausted, hungry, and in pain from hauling some heavy loot. I find that my base had been overrun by a horde, and that horde had me surrounded. I drop my loot, take out my bow, and count my arrows, about 100 in all. The horde was nearly 600 monsters strong. Since I could not run any more, I decided to make a stand.

It rained arrows. It rained blood. For a short while there it rained actual rain. The battle lasted well into the night. Zombies lay down all around me and they kept coming. I did not give up. I kept firing.

By the end, the horde had been reduced from almost 600 to just 22. And they hadn't just retreated, they routed. I did it. I put the fear of death into those that had already died. I survived.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: April 29, 2014, 04:30:46 pm »

Having been hounded by planes for days, I finally stumbled upon a prize in the Bismarck Sea: A huge European liner in a convoy. Carefully using the measurement instruments, I find a firing solution, watch as four torpedoes turn that liner into a fireball and slowly back away as the destroyers are left none the wiser.

"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: April 29, 2014, 04:52:25 pm »

I beat NG on Dark Souls II within 25 hours of gameplay.  I suppose that's an ownage thing.  Slightly more no-lifer, but whatever.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: April 29, 2014, 06:39:02 pm »

I may have merely got indecisive after running my 'all strength all the time' build into the smelter demon and wondering about magic , but HOT DAMN does it feel good making a new character and doing what took me hours the first time through in minutes.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: April 29, 2014, 10:49:13 pm »

Might as well brag a bit while I'm embarrassing myself.

I managed to get (what felt like) really far into Dark Souls thinking that it was far more linear than it actually was.  The path I thought was mandatory was asylum>graveyard>catacombs and I managed to get across the first spike bridge before I ragequit.  This involved suicide running a necromancer through about 10 skeletons, and then killing about that many non-reviving ones that had buffed up attacks.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2497 on: April 29, 2014, 11:17:19 pm »

Played a couple rounds of Unreal Tournament (classic) with custom-made bots which were more hardcore than I expected when I first played against them (and were a league harder than the default set I usually played against which were challenging enough), and after weeks of having my ass handed to me on a platter by them (bottom quarter rankings), I managed to keep up with them more reliably, and score within the upper half rankings out of 8 bots on average. Mind you, I have returned to playing against them in Godlike difficulty, and my custom bots are harder than the regular set. That alone *owns*; I got my edge back.

To add to it, recently, I played a couple CTF rounds, and managed to win both rounds, and scored 4 of the captures myself (3 capture win, 2 captures in each map). Same setup (Godlike custom-hardcore bots), small and medium maps. I had to pat myself on the back for a job well done. Not to mention, it felt nice to actually panic again when I have the flag. I mean, feeling scared enough that you're moving with your character running and jumping the corners and such inching ever so unsteadily towards the goal with tears of victory in your eyes; or disappointment when a lucky flak shot 'splodes you inches from your own flag. And my God, that screech of failure when their flag returns to base, and the klaxons blaring of your flag being taken just before you respawn... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1..., and shit, they're past the halfway mark already.

Time to reclaim what was lost. "(Red) Leader, you've got Point."; Almost... Almost.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:54:11 am by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: April 30, 2014, 04:16:07 am »

Everything was on fire in my ship and oxygen was running low, and the pirates seemed to be winning. I tried to push my crews to survive as long as possible but I knew they're all going to die.

But then the pirates randomly died because apparently their oxygen was fucked too. I took all my men to the Medbay to fix it before they suffocate to death. The oxygen got so low to the point that the fires just went out. I quickly got my crew to fix the oxygen, and then repair the rest. Huzzah.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: April 30, 2014, 09:27:48 am »

I came up from the sewers exhausted, hungry, and in pain from hauling some heavy loot. I find that my base had been overrun by a horde, and that horde had me surrounded. I drop my loot, take out my bow, and count my arrows, about 100 in all. The horde was nearly 600 monsters strong. Since I could not run any more, I decided to make a stand.

It rained arrows. It rained blood. For a short while there it rained actual rain. The battle lasted well into the night. Zombies lay down all around me and they kept coming. I did not give up. I kept firing.

By the end, the horde had been reduced from almost 600 to just 22. And they hadn't just retreated, they routed. I did it. I put the fear of death into those that had already died. I survived.

Suddenly, reanimation!
Unless you butcher them all. Which I would probably forget to do. :P

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: April 30, 2014, 11:02:51 am »

I managed to get (what felt like) really far into Dark Souls thinking that it was far more linear than it actually was.  The path I thought was mandatory was asylum>graveyard>catacombs and I managed to get across the first spike bridge before I ragequit.
(what felt like) really far
asylum>graveyard>catacombs

I hope you realize now that was... not even 5% of the game.
To be fair I did a sort of similar thing when I first started playing. Waltzed right past the cathedral into Darkroot Garden and wondered why the boss was so hard at SL12.

For early-game Dark Souls related ownage...
When I fought the Taurus demon, I won because he committed suicide.
After a couple minutes of fighting he realized it was futile and jumped off the bridge to his death.

Yeah, I'm that cool.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: April 30, 2014, 06:12:37 pm »

Oh I know, I'm just happy I managed to advance through what is... some amount of areas past where I supposed to go.  I don't even think it was much more than like a quarter of the catacombs either.

Edit:  Fuck it, I'm loading up Dark Souls and making some less derpy owns.  Now if I can just get out of here by love tapping skeletons with a mace...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:57:14 pm by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2502 on: April 30, 2014, 06:32:22 pm »

A bit more WTF than owning, but nonetheless, Dark Souls 2.
Spoiler: Picture (click to show/hide)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: April 30, 2014, 07:07:17 pm »

It's like the original Dark Souls in the difficulty department; it's extremely hard when you have no idea what you're doing.  It's also extremely well optimized.  Everything runs so smoothly, and I don't think I've seen one FPS dip.  You could probably play it on your current rig unless it's from the 1990's.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: April 30, 2014, 11:15:26 pm »

2nd day of survival and I have already found two revolvers and an loaded shotgun...
How the hell dose this keep happening to me?
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 709