Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292629 times)

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #2835 on: July 01, 2014, 05:25:22 pm »

stealth'd the end of firestarter on payday 2 with father and his friends, and hit 50 finally.
Payday 2 as well

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: July 01, 2014, 08:17:48 pm »

Won a cultural victory as USA.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Too bad USA can't win a cultural victory as USA.

Boo Belgium.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: July 01, 2014, 09:02:02 pm »

Hey man, Mcdonalds or Starbucks on every street corner of the world.  If that's not a cultural victory I don't know what is.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: July 01, 2014, 09:19:31 pm »

I'd consider anything other than a Starbucks on a corner a cultural victory.  $8 for a cup of coffee?  Yeesh.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: July 01, 2014, 09:36:50 pm »

I might drink Starbucks if they put gold flakes in the coffee for that price.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: July 01, 2014, 09:42:19 pm »

I might drink Starbucks if they put gold flakes in the coffee for that price.
I wouldn't. Goldschlager is delicious, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: July 01, 2014, 11:23:07 pm »

I'd consider anything other than a Starbucks on a corner a cultural victory.  $8 for a cup of coffee?  Yeesh.

$8!? that's horrendous

The Starbucks in my country seem to cost no more than $5 for a huge coffee. (I prefer other coffee shops anyway.)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: July 02, 2014, 01:47:40 pm »

Starbucks is you paying extra for the name on the cup and the hipster cred.   But starbucks lost all their hipster cred probably sometime in the 90s.  So the little imaginary box that used to contain the fedora and glasses is now full of recycling tips.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: July 03, 2014, 12:25:28 am »

In the world of moderate owning, I got my first terror mission in new X-Com with the long war mod. The first soldier I move, the first thing she sees is a lineup of four chrysalids. Which made me think that I was doomed, as I'm not actually that good at the game. And yet, due to good shooting and use of grenades, and one very lucky critical hit, every one of the chrysalids is dead by the end of my first turn.

Of course, then I had to deal with the 6 rocket aliens jumping around the map shooting civilians at will. Which I did, but less well.

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: July 03, 2014, 02:56:05 am »

I'm consistently coming out on top of the body count score when stealth breaks down.  At one point, I actually had my body count at 134.

PAYDAY 2.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: July 03, 2014, 05:53:45 am »

I do believe this gfy explains it sufficiently.

http://fat.gfycat.com/SameZealousAsianelephant.webm

iRacing, and only 8 cars out of 19 survived that massacre. Managed to pick up the win later in the race by tandem drafting on the outside line with another guy in the back of the 8 man group,

Edit: And Gfycat seems to really want you to name your gfy's by giving them terrible autogenerated names.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: July 03, 2014, 05:55:57 am »

Damn, if I didn't read some of your LPs I'd never click on that link.

EDIT: Hehe, that's the kind of game I'd drive the opposite way. Tell me you have done that, it's more fun than the normal game. I know this from old Playstation 1 and N64 racing games. It's funny because those stupid ai bastards just keep going the 'right' way while I'm smashing up their cars and the announcer is yelling like crazy telling me to turn around. That moment of expectation in a Nascar sim when you are closing at 200 mph on a straightaway towards them lasts just about the right amount of time before you smash into them and cars start flying. I'm unsure if it's more fun to be in an invincible car or if it's better played like bowling where you try to wreck all the cars for a strike in your own destructible car. Both play modes have their charm.

It's especially satisfying because there is a Nascar track a short distance from where I live.

Also I think in your clip one of those cars' physics glitched out right at the end and rocketed it into the stands. Good times.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 06:08:22 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: July 03, 2014, 06:06:29 am »

Totally, I'd do that in "Need for Speed 2" and "Monster Truck Madness 2". Of course the maps aren't made for going backwards but I remember trying to cause big pile ups on the narrower sections of the track. Was very fun in MTM2 because that game had a large amount of bounce when you slammed into other trucks and you could send them flying off the edges of the track and into canyons.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: July 03, 2014, 07:57:57 am »

EDIT: Hehe, that's the kind of game I'd drive the opposite way. Tell me you have done that, it's more fun than the normal game. I know this from old Playstation 1 and N64 racing games. It's funny because those stupid ai bastards just keep going the 'right' way while I'm smashing up their cars and the announcer is yelling like crazy telling me to turn around. That moment of expectation in a Nascar sim when you are closing at 200 mph on a straightaway towards them lasts just about the right amount of time before you smash into them and cars start flying. I'm unsure if it's more fun to be in an invincible car or if it's better played like bowling where you try to wreck all the cars for a strike in your own destructible car. Both play modes have their charm.

It's especially satisfying because there is a Nascar track a short distance from where I live.

Also I think in your clip one of those cars' physics glitched out right at the end and rocketed it into the stands. Good times.

Nah the physics didn't glitch out, the guy's ping dropped like crazy. He was intermittently lagging in and out the majority of the race up to that point, ignoring people telling him to get his ass off the track.

Also it's MP only, and being a douche and driving the wrong way is the quick road to an account suspension if not perma-ban.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: July 03, 2014, 09:37:22 am »

Nah the physics didn't glitch out, the guy's ping dropped like crazy. He was intermittently lagging in and out the majority of the race up to that point, ignoring people telling him to get his ass off the track.

Also it's MP only, and being a douche and driving the wrong way is the quick road to an account suspension if not perma-ban.
Cyber racing is srs bsns no fun allowed
._.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 709