Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1293030 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #5220 on: December 10, 2015, 02:57:09 pm »

Although it does sometimes feel awful to lose at a game you are into, it's amazingly satisfying to make somebody else feel that very same thing. :P
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: December 10, 2015, 03:22:13 pm »

Normally I'm of the opinion that people being happy = good, people being unhappy = bad.

But having someone be mad at you in a competitive game is such a compliment its ridiculous.  The best thing is being accused of hacking.  I once had someone yelling at me in chat and switching to spectator to watch me in TF2 because the pretty boy's pocket pistol gave me just enough health to survive a direct hit from a grenade.

Also, looking at that gameplay, I spent a decent chunk of it just kind of flailing at air.  At least a little of that was lag.  For example there's a point where I just stop moving and he runs through me and I hit him from there; on my screen I was running at him from the right and then we both jumped around for about 2 seconds and then when it stopped lagging I was hitting him.  Ditto for that time I came *this* close to killing myself on my last life.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: December 10, 2015, 03:38:02 pm »

To mask the amount of BS deaths from shitty lag compensation and shitty hit detection, Valve implemented random crits :V

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5223 on: December 10, 2015, 03:44:51 pm »

To mask the amount of BS deaths from shitty lag compensation and shitty hit detection, Valve implemented R8 :V
More recent version.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: December 10, 2015, 05:47:21 pm »

Normally I'm of the opinion that people being happy = good, people being unhappy = bad.

But having someone be mad at you in a competitive game is such a compliment its ridiculous.  The best thing is being accused of hacking.  I once had someone yelling at me in chat and switching to spectator to watch me in TF2 because the pretty boy's pocket pistol gave me just enough health to survive a direct hit from a grenade.

This happened to me once when I used to play Combat Arms. Someone kept calling me a hacker, then left the game to check my stats, came back in and declared that I had an "impossible" headshot rate - ~20%, which I'm quite proud of even if it's mostly M16A3 abuse - and therefore must be a hacker. Then I headshotted him again.

The only time I've ever gotten even a tempban from Nexon(who owns CA) was for challenging a statement from an asshole moderator who was later fired anyway(for being such an asshole).

EDIT: Orks do weird things. The rush one of the strategic points right next to my base, but completely ignore the one just a few feet away(the map had several of the strat-point pairs across the map). Instead, they camp the one they stole from me, trying to build a Listenin' Post on it. While 4 Scout Marines snipe them. While my Whirlwind constantly bombards their position. While Captain Davian Thule, a Chaplain, four squads of Tactical Marines(8 Marines, 1 Sergeant each), two Predators, a Land Raider, 8 Terminators, and 8 Assault Terminator Veterans rove across the map blowing their bases up with little opposition.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:12:47 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: December 11, 2015, 08:47:28 am »

So in Agar.io, it's really annoying to be killed by teamers just as you're about to break into the leaderboard, right?

The thing about being in a team is... it's probably the most fun you can have in Agar.io.

The guy eventually sacrificed me in order for him to live, during a battle with the next few people down on the leaderboard who had formed their own team against us. And that was after I brought him back to the top, when he had been knocked off the leaderboard. Dickhole. It was really fun while it lasted though, and it's the first time I've ever topped the leaderboard.

It also seems people are more willing to help you if you have a dumb nickname, or a popular one like Doge or 8ch. Kinda like a code word that you're willing to team.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: December 11, 2015, 09:35:18 am »

So in Agar.io, it's really annoying to be killed by teamers just as you're about to break into the leaderboard, right?

The thing about being in a team is... it's probably the most fun you can have in Agar.io.

The guy eventually sacrificed me in order for him to live, during a battle with the next few people down on the leaderboard who had formed their own team against us. And that was after I brought him back to the top, when he had been knocked off the leaderboard. Dickhole. It was really fun while it lasted though, and it's the first time I've ever topped the leaderboard.

It also seems people are more willing to help you if you have a dumb nickname, or a popular one like Doge or 8ch. Kinda like a code word that you're willing to team.
I concur about having fun as a team. Actually had a group of people I would voice chat with while playing so we could coordinate that sort of thing, although it never seemed to end well anyway.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #5227 on: December 11, 2015, 09:46:35 am »

My brother and I decided that we should, for fun, see how long we could hold out against six AI players, on the hardest setting. We expected twenty minutes. We made an hour and twenty minutes. Not bad.

Age of Emperors: The Conquerors.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: December 11, 2015, 04:23:17 pm »

Welp, second time's the charm versus the Hollow Queen! Managed to knock out her minions without anyone dying, and then proceeded to beat her down without anyone really being in danger of dying for much of the fight(I keep forgetting how powerful Wufan's dismiss heal is when there's a medic in the party, I actually wasted a couple party heals stacking that on top of dismiss heal :P)

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: December 12, 2015, 10:31:53 am »

I started out in Madagascar.

Pandemic 2.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: December 12, 2015, 03:36:00 pm »

SUCK IT HEAVENBRINGER AND YOUR STUPID SECOND HEALTH BAR.

Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: December 13, 2015, 01:08:26 am »

Dido probably laughed when she kept extorting my City-States for money. We were allies. OoOoh. She had a large navy that filled the entirety of the Mediterranean. OoOoh. But eventually, Sweden snapped when she was no longer required. I sent against her the full force of my army and defeated her without losing a single unit with my technological and military superiority. Battle-hardened from my battles with Attila the Hun, they were the elite forces of the world.

Then Sweden hungered. Down in the plains of Africa, the Inca were being pompous to poor old Switzerland. They took their capital by storm and called it a day. Though I was not an ally of the Orderly Swiss Queen, I flew my army in through my newly developed airports and launched a 50-Year Campaign to take the Continent. Only one unit was lost; and the Incan Army was decimated to the last man. Siam, the Shoshone, and the Swiss begin to fear me.

But Dido does not. So I developed Nuclear Weapons for the sheer purpose of showing her why you stop taking my City-States money. Two nukes are launched, armies decimated. Siam and America. The Swedes hunger for more FREEDOM. I launch another nuke at the American's Capital, while simultaneously killing off the bulk of Siam's army with the well-tempered death brigades and X-Com reinforcements.

In the year 2022, Sweden then proves once more to all the world it's superiority by launching a Space Ship into the sky for planets unknown. Earth was not enough. Earth will never be enough for the ambition of Sweden!

BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: December 13, 2015, 03:13:52 am »

I know this is still early game, but I think my Crusader is a winner. She regens insane amounts of HP every second, more with each hit and kill. Her armor is so thick that few attacks do much damage to her anyway. She's got powerful resistances from a unique armor. And rather than smash enemies in the face, she delivers ridiculous AoE-exploding-chain damage that can easily kill a dozen foes per click of the mouse button, thanks to the Smite attack and what is essentially Mjölnir.

I just defeated a huge spider queen along with her minions, and my HP meter never showed a noticeable drop even when I was standing in pools of acid while taking hits to the face.

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: December 13, 2015, 06:26:56 pm »

Somehow got an achievement for something I probably should not be doing until much later in the game. Also managed to survive the first area.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: December 13, 2015, 08:20:46 pm »

I fixed my Personal DF mod.   It would always crash to desktop on finalizing entities.   I went through the entity file section by section, copying the section from the dwarves a couple lines at a time until the game actually loaded worldgen for 2 hours before I finally found a section that when replaced line for line from the dwarf entity allows worldgen to load.

I'm still not 100% sure but as far as I can tell, new DF version modding syntax requires all cull_symbols to be below select_symbols or DF crashes to desktop with no errorlog on loading worldgen.  The only change I made when I found the section was relocating a few lines.

That seems to be a completely arbitrary change from older versions that had no trouble with this, and I am so happy to finally find it that I am posting this in own instead of in modding.

HA!

Dwarf Fortress Raw Files
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 709