Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292901 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6510 on: August 04, 2016, 05:03:48 pm »

Yes. Humanity. The 'Dark Souls' of humans. Hence why they're black with a white outline, in contrast to the white/yellowish souls of everything else. I just didn't want to repeat the word humanity in the sentence twice, and I thought that using 'dark souls' helped drive my point across at how disconnected the second game is from the first. But you're right. You used Humanity to restore your Humanity in the first game. And Human Effigies in the second for no good reason.
Since this is a derail and getting into spoiler land, going to put stuff into spoilers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: August 04, 2016, 05:56:31 pm »

I came across the apex predator while randomly mutating cells. I have decided to name it the "shit-town worm" after its curious coloration. It preys on other cells, but unlike most predators, it can survive and even thrive off petri dish nutrients just fine, so it keeps going after devouring new species. It is also extremely radiation-resistant, barely changing over many, many generations despite the highest radiation setting. I don't know how exactly it reproduces, considering its literally just a devorocyte splitting itself into a devorocyte and a fagocyte, which the devorocyte promptly consumes, which then repeats itself. This provides propulsion, but not reproduction.

Cell Lab

E: well it looks like the good ole undefeatable lifeform has arisen. that being photocytes with kerwtinocytes. Can't eat them, can't infect them, they just keep growing.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:11:53 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: August 04, 2016, 07:19:54 pm »

Got the Master Protector achievement... by hypnotizing another Big Daddy and sitting in a corner.

EDIT: Got past that crash bug. Thankfully it was just that level, but I correctly deduced it was a graphics issue and had to reduce the graphics detail to their lowest setting. The next level I could turn everything back to high. That's an own on it's own, but then I received an ability described as "Bring Your Daughter to Work Day". {My "daughter" just clad herself in Big Sister armor and kicked the shit out of two Brute Splicers - and that's the least of her badassery.}

Okay, something to note, this is actually the fault of how old the game is. See, the updated version(kinda) Steam sells is able to handle modern-day amounts of RAM, but it doesn't know that. So if you try and use said RAM, it says "Oi! You're overloading your computer! I'm shutting down so you don't hurt yourself, you moron." because it doesn't know that today, the amount of RAM being used actually exists.

I don't remember how to fix it, but it's a line in a text file somewhere you can change. Google should help you there.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: August 04, 2016, 10:56:09 pm »

My teammates and I noted that the other team had a hacker, who was rather irritatingly killing everybody he could see. We decided that the best reaction to this was to get as many people as possible dominating the hacker as well as preventing his team from winning. We prevented his team from so much as reaching the first point in one round, then rushed to victory within two minutes of game start the next.  As part of this process, I had my best medic life to date, healing more than 5300 points and ubering several times, each strategically placed to counter an enemy uber or to break up the enemy foothold outside their spawn doors. Several of my teammates ended up dominating the bastard. He proceeded to become very mad in chat, and was then VAC banned for his trouble.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: August 04, 2016, 11:39:13 pm »

[quote author
=Amperzand link=topic=83528.msg7121035#msg7121035 date=1470369369]
My teammates and I noted that the other team had a hacker, who was rather irritatingly killing everybody he could see. We decided that the best reaction to this was to get as many people as possible dominating the hacker as well as preventing his team from winning. We prevented his team from so much as reaching the first point in one round, then rushed to victory within two minutes of game start the next.  As part of this process, I had my best medic life to date, healing more than 5300 points and ubering several times, each strategically placed to counter an enemy uber or to break up the enemy foothold outside their spawn doors. Several of my teammates ended up dominating the bastard. He proceeded to become very mad in chat, and was then VAC banned for his trouble.

[/quote]

Tell your team:
I
FUCKING
SALUTE YOU

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: August 05, 2016, 12:01:38 am »

Sadly, they were just random dudes, and I don't know who all was active in chat to salute. T'was fucking awesome though.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: August 05, 2016, 11:01:32 am »

Tell your team:
I
FUCKING
SALUTE YOU
FTFY
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6517 on: August 05, 2016, 11:21:37 am »

Driving the death road to Canada as "The Swole", after being stuck alone for about 3 days in game, I flexed against a body builder, who promptly turned to stone and fragmented into a million pieces.

Edit:
Edit2:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 11:32:20 am by Blaze »

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: August 05, 2016, 12:12:32 pm »

It is truly my greatest creation. I am an artist, not a child.

Spoiler: War Thunder (click to show/hide)
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: August 05, 2016, 01:39:48 pm »

snip
Right, since my reaction can't be more properly conveyed ;
What the fuck.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: August 05, 2016, 01:52:52 pm »

After capturing a minor toxic planet Fundus III from Sakkra Feudal Empire for Terran Imperium after a gruesome evenly-matched battle of 20+ ships on each side, Rear Admiral Tellik's depleted fleet was to stand there and wait for reinformcents to arrive while the 2nd fleet was en route to Sakkra homeworld (we needed Fundus III to have just enough range to hit the homeworld). The fleet at Fundus III was comprised of 3 Galleys (ships with Troop pods, Augmented Engines and PD systems only), Rear Admiral Tellik's Centurion (beefy ship with many missiles and lotsa structural points thanks to Reinforced Hull) and four tractor-beam using Paladin cruisers.

Unfortunately, the Sakkra rushed for Fundus III and within two turns I was seeing 2 Sakkran Battleships, 6 Cruisers and 7 Destroyers bearing down onto Tellik's fleet within a turn. Hyperspace Comms aren't a thing yet so I couldn't redirect Mystic-X's fleet from Sakkran Homeworld. Reinforcements from Meklar and Terra were too far to reach them in time, but if Fundus III were to be recaptured, Mystic-X's fleet would have to auto-retreat from Sakkra homeworld, so...

We battle.

Noting that Sakkra used smaller but plentiful swarms of Merculite missiles and Interceptor fighters, I moved Rear Admiral Tellik's ship to front, with all my ships firing Anti-Matter torpedoes and Pulson Missiles at one of Sakkra battleships. Meanwhile, the Galleys sneaked through the top and bottom and to the sides of the second Battleship. Rear Admiral Tellik, with Class III shields only on his ship, decided to take an extreme survival tactic:

He begun spinning his ship in circles.

The infuriated Sakkra wasted their missiles on Tellik's ship which was losing shields, armor and structural points very slowly. Then Ka-boom, went the 1st Sakkra battleship, after last of Pulson Missiles were launched. In the meanwhile, the tractor-beam Paladins moved forward far enough to immobilize the 2nd battleship. Cue the Galleys swarming in and delivering Terran Marines on board!

That's when Rear Admiral Tellik noticed that the Sakkra Battleship have Troop pods of their own.

Solution? More Terran Marines!

The Paladins closed down on the second Battleship and began delivering their own, smaller but equally-capable Marine deatchments onto the Battleship. After grinding down a god-awful amount of Sakkra soldiers manning the security stations (no wonder they were so persistent), the 2nd Battleship was captured.

Meanwhile, the Rear Admiral Tellik managed to spin-absorb most of the Sakkra missiles and lost only 2/3 of the ship's structural points. Paladins then, in conjunction with Galleys (never underestimate numerous PD Fusion Beams!) pew pew'd the Sakkra Cruisers and Destroyers to dust, and the remaining Galley marines even managed to further boost their score by snatching a Cruiser near the end of the battle.

Sakkra losses: 2 Battleships, 6 Cruisers, 7 Destroyers and a complement of Transports that was meant for re-conquest of Fundus III
Terran Imperium losses: NULL

GLORY TO THE TERRAN IMPERIUM!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:55:02 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: August 05, 2016, 06:53:42 pm »

Managed to kill a bunch of strong (each one has more health than the boss at the end of the megadungeon) enemies without using the plot weapon that you're supposed to use.

Pillars of Eternity: The White March Part 2

« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:14:24 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: August 06, 2016, 01:27:13 am »

Made it to almost the end, after a full 40-some minutes and a maxed-out difficulty bar.  I'm still not sure how.

Doing a stupid and getting summarily ganked by a double Magma Worm afterwards was slightly less fun, but hey, I still almost beat the thing.

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: August 06, 2016, 05:02:35 am »

-snip-

Wait, what? What caused that? Just her strength stat going up? I've never recruited her; I might have to now just to see that. O.o
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6524 on: August 06, 2016, 02:39:11 pm »

You know, I was thinking Pinwheel was probably being unfairly underrated. Then I killed him in three hits. He was taking three times as much damage as skeletons! What? Anyway, now I've just got to not get wiped in the Tomb.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 709