Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292663 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6765 on: September 20, 2016, 02:17:24 pm »

Level design. The submerged aesthetic is pretty neat, actually.

I can see what they were going for, with the ghosts, and it is pretty freaky for the first little while, but I tend to just get fed up with 'lol now there are ghosts all around you and you can't kill them, because they're inside the walls'. Which is the only difficulty for me in flooded New Londo - trying not to die to the ghosts that rise up behind you or hide in walls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: September 20, 2016, 02:49:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can kill the wall ghosts just by whacking the walls they're hiding in. Doesn't work for the floor ghosts but those don't usually follow you.

What I really hate are the ghosts that are just too high or low for your weapon to hit them. I understand weapon selection in dark souls is about the moveset, but cmon! Can you really not hit that gigantic mosquito in front of you just because it's slightly above your halberd thrust!  >:(

I guess that applies to all flying enemies in general.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6767 on: September 20, 2016, 02:52:26 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can kill the wall ghosts just by whacking the walls they're hiding in. Doesn't work for the floor ghosts but those don't usually follow you.

Depends on your weapon and which wall they're hiding in. Katana lunatic struggles a lot more than a halberd user would. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: September 20, 2016, 03:31:25 pm »

I though Izalith was the worst area in DS1; New Londo didn't bother me all that much.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: September 20, 2016, 03:48:39 pm »

Izalith sucked but the demon ruins leading up to it are fine.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: September 20, 2016, 08:31:49 pm »

Depends on your weapon and which wall they're hiding in. Katana lunatic struggles a lot more than a halberd user would. :P
Muhahahah, you fool, who didn't have the dumb luck to get the Black Knight Halberd!da
Honestly, I feel kinda cheaty using it, it has an amazing moveset and stunning amounts of damage, so I'm nearly breezing through the game with it.
I mean, I'm still dying a bunch, but it's so good I killed Gravelord on my first go (And I mean first, I was going in blind), took out O&S on my second, and was punching way beyond my level so much so that I forgot about the Capra Demon area, and probably would have for a lot longer if I could have figured out how to use that rickety bastard Blighttown calls an elevator.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: September 20, 2016, 09:48:52 pm »

I tried to take on Najarala, forgetting that I had no potions. I managed to beat it using just the First-Aid Meds in the supply box anyway.

It's really fun to escape Naja's pin maneuver with the insect glaive. I don't know you'd get out of it without that.

MH4U
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: September 20, 2016, 10:25:58 pm »

Muhahahah, you fool, who didn't have the dumb luck to get the Black Knight Halberd!da
Honestly, I feel kinda cheaty using it, it has an amazing moveset and stunning amounts of damage, so I'm nearly breezing through the game with it.
I mean, I'm still dying a bunch, but it's so good I killed Gravelord on my first go (And I mean first, I was going in blind), took out O&S on my second, and was punching way beyond my level so much so that I forgot about the Capra Demon area, and probably would have for a lot longer if I could have figured out how to use that rickety bastard Blighttown calls an elevator.

Dual-wield (Great Axes, or various zweihanders) faith build. if you can't tank it, murder it.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6773 on: September 21, 2016, 12:07:41 am »

I have about eight of those, I'm just specifically using katanas on this run because it seemed fun.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: September 21, 2016, 06:33:42 am »

>dex
Black lives matter.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: September 21, 2016, 07:38:42 am »

SHUT UP YOU DERAIL

Anyways, just massacred a bunch of tribal dimwits who decided to attack me. After, y'know, I accidentally killed a bunch of them who were passing through after mistaking one of them for the leader of one of the enemy tribes... turns out they were siblings with the same surname. :P

I think one of my soldiers lost a finger but that was the worst of the inj... wait, no, one of my troops had his foot shot off by friendly fire. Goddamnit. ::) Oh well, feet don't really matter in this game anyway.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: September 22, 2016, 12:27:21 am »

Two separate encounters.

Firstly, a cockatrice on Bitterblack Isle. I was completely unprepared, only brought three panacea and no secret softeners or anything of the sort that could cure petrification. Over the course of the battle it killed all three of my pawns, because I they were petrified and couldn't be cured. The last pawn, my healing mage, was still technically alive at the instant I finally dealt the finishing blow. She died immediately afterwards, though, and the cockatrice didn't drop anything that could have saved her anyway. I snuck back to the entrance, because I didn't have a liftstone or anything to teleport. I say snuck in only the faintest sense, because there's no real sneaking mechanic, and was spotted by goblins.

Encountered an elder ogre in some sewer-like tunnels, still on Bitterblack isle. This is a monster that has 10 health bars (1 bar + 9 dots). It is huge, it repeatedly picked up my pawns and chomped on their heads. The only attack I had equipped that had any real effect against it was the explosive ricochet shot from my bow. We fought it back and forth in a section of the sewers, and very, very slowly took out 4 dots of health. Half dead. Then by pure luck it charges through and past the party as we have our back to a hole in the wall, and it goes right through the hole! There's a narrow ledge on the other side where it lands, and sits there for a minute while I try to convince my pawns to pull back. Then, it jumps off into the water below and dies. Instant victory, 25k experience. Suddenly wish I'd thought to use one of my veterans' periapts so I'd get the double XP, but the effect wouldn't have lasted the entire battle and seeing it off a cliff was completely unexpected. In fact I thought this would be a repeat of those two separate times a cyclops bludgeoned me off cliffs to my death, when it ran out of the tunnels and to a cliff overhanging that chasm, so I lead the party back inside once rescuing the warrior.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 12:33:40 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: September 22, 2016, 04:19:25 pm »

Took on the only empire capable of threatening me and came out on top. Sure, I only took a few border systems, but their military has been crippled beyond any chance of recovery.

Most of the little blobs inside my territory are protectorates that pretty much serve as influence farms, including the humans of Sol III that I uplifted while they were still in Crusader Kings. The only exception is the purple one at the "northern" part, which is part of one of my neighbors.

Stellaris
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: September 22, 2016, 04:51:10 pm »

Are Stellaris and The Last Federation linked? Or did you just name your empire after the protagonist's race in The Last Federation?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: September 22, 2016, 05:00:57 pm »

Are Stellaris and The Last Federation linked? Or did you just name your empire after the protagonist's race in The Last Federation?
The second. There is a hydra as a species appearance, and I ran with it.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 709