Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292538 times)

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6900 on: November 09, 2016, 07:28:48 pm »

TL;DR: Hina is a badass god of damage who takes names and rotates furiously

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd try to get into this game (I have it), but.... Well, the numbers kinda scare me.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: November 11, 2016, 07:22:27 am »

I can beat Cirno without dying almost-reliably! I even pulled off a counterbomb last time I fought her, although I'm not sure if that's an own or if I just fucked up and got lucky.

TH06: EOSD.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: November 11, 2016, 07:38:25 am »

Got Tammy's head, sad bombs and 99 bombs while packing a short-range brimstone and a couple of damage boosting items. And child's heart. And a dark bum. My first victory against Mega Satan. I love cheap synergies, but it felt like cheating.

The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth as Azazel.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: November 11, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »

TL;DR: Hina is a badass god of damage who takes names and rotates furiously

I'd try to get into this game (I have it), but.... Well, the numbers kinda scare me.

I've been having great fun with it. The best part about it is that you can freely reallocate most things at any time and party members just chilling in Gensokyo still get exp. So you can completely readjust your set-up at a moment's notice. That said, my time spent with this game is about 25% grinding my teeth trying to deal with the latest dumb boss and 25% grinding my teeth trying to deal with the latest dumb switch puzzle and 50% laughing maniacally as I do a bazillion damage.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: November 11, 2016, 05:57:27 pm »

Someone made a "lol, good level design = hard level design" map in Broforce.  And, ah, this happened:
Because fuck you.

That was my first try on that section too, so I have no idea what I skipped.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: November 12, 2016, 02:16:39 am »

I've been in a rut, playing as Reimu-A and beating my head against the wall. However, I think I actually like Marisa-B better. I beat up to Stage 4 as her, which is about as far as I've gotten as Reimu-A anyway. Reimu's non-stop homing attacks start to feel like cheating after a while, too. Here's a replay; at one point I had an unprecedented 6 lives saved up. Almost all of them were lost in Stage 4.

TH10: Mountain of Faith.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: November 12, 2016, 12:12:37 pm »

<<<Spoilers ahead for FFXIV>>>

For those of you who don't want spoilers, I super-pwnt one of the major story boss instances. Felt good.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: November 12, 2016, 01:21:38 pm »

I've been in a rut, playing as Reimu-A and beating my head against the wall. However, I think I actually like Marisa-B better. I beat up to Stage 4 as her, which is about as far as I've gotten as Reimu-A anyway. Reimu's non-stop homing attacks start to feel like cheating after a while, too. Here's a replay; at one point I had an unprecedented 6 lives saved up. Almost all of them were lost in Stage 4.

TH10: Mountain of Faith.

The moral of this story is that Stage 4 is hell. The only Touhou where this isn't true is SA, and that's because Hell is instead Stage 5.
Spooky Signature

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: November 12, 2016, 05:17:43 pm »

I finally cleared the game without using a cheap character (rain, noob saibot, any boss character, etc) for the first time. That was insanely hard.

The thing about the bosses in this game is that unlike pretty much all normal characters, they're basically invincible in a normal fight. If you run up to them and try to hit them they always can use button reading to instantly block or counter anything or just use some other cheap move. All you can do is stay on the defensive and wait for them to use a certain move which leaves them vulnerable to you, and then get as good of a combo in as you can. For example, Motaro has insane defense and has a throw which cannot be blocked or ducked under, but you can wait for him to leap at you and then beat him up while he's trying to do it. Also, Shao Kahn is insanely powerful in general, however, if you're careful, you can wait for him to do his upward shoulder tackle, duck under it, uppercut him while he's above you for massive damage, and usually hit him with something else while he's getting up from that.

Mortal Kombat Trilogy. I feel gud.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: November 13, 2016, 09:59:23 am »

Blew up a rift to the Warp, then proceeded to purge all Kroot who consumed Chaos-tainted flesh(despite never actually using Cannibalize - I know damn well not to let Kroot eat that stuff). Then I herded all humans left on the planet into gender-separated re-education and sterilization camps for the Greater Good.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: November 13, 2016, 12:17:10 pm »

Blew up a rift to the Warp, then proceeded to purge all Kroot who consumed Chaos-tainted flesh(despite never actually using Cannibalize - I know damn well not to let Kroot eat that stuff). Then I herded all humans left on the planet into gender-separated re-education and sterilization camps for the Greater Good.

FOR THE GREATER GOOD!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: November 13, 2016, 12:20:37 pm »

The greater good.

Yarp.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: November 13, 2016, 12:23:29 pm »

FOR THE GREATER GOOD!
BY T'AU, WE SHALL TRIUMPH!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: November 13, 2016, 02:05:53 pm »

I think I might finally have gotten good at this game.

First own is that I now have 45 characters. Yuuka, Byakuren and Flandre were all a pain in the ass to recruit, but I did it. On an unrelated note, my hands hurt from getting all that BP with Miniriko and Nazrin.

Second own is that I utterly DESTROYED the Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young.

Credit for this stunning victory goes to... Chen, mostly. Chen is ridiculous. Real quick + real hard-hitting + synergy with two already good characters = BEST KITTY[Step up your game, Rin]. Mind you, Byakuren and Ran and Yukari were also indispensable. Herbalist Ran and Byakuren combined to give Yukari and Chen absurd buffs before unleashing a flurry of cat and fox on the unsuspecting abomination. I was averaging around a hundred thousand damage a turn with the Yakumo beatdown engine running.

Spooky Signature

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: November 13, 2016, 03:21:09 pm »

Was having trouble catching Kyogre. I really didn't have many balls to capture it with, and I was sorely lacking in status-causing moves(I think Dragonbreath was literally the only one I had on my team). Very little I had could survive more than a single Origin Pulse(if that). I forgot where to get Quick Balls, too. So my chances without wasting the Master Ball were slim. And it didn't help that Kyogre's opening move was often Aqua Ring, and Mawile can only do so much with False Swipe.

Then I remembered my O-Powers. After using Capture Power(Lv.1 because this was literally the first time I remembered them), I was able kidnap that damn whalegod.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 709