Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1289436 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #6975 on: November 30, 2016, 01:31:26 am »

Killed Crawmerax the Invincible for the first time. Gotta say the loot drop is a bit disappointing compared to the loot madness that is the Crimson Armory glitch.

But on the upside, I solo'd a raid boss with a Siren by constantly kiting and whittling its health down with a double anarchy smg and regenerating ammo for about 10 minutes. Not bad. Took a while but that was an intense grind.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: November 30, 2016, 11:30:27 am »

I made a new pianist in Elona. Charisma based Juere build to match. Little girl tank pet as well.

It's fucking Freddie Mercury. A few days of questing and piano practice and I take the notoriously hard Party Time quest. No stones were cast.

Practice? How do you practice without being killed?

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: November 30, 2016, 11:45:08 am »

I made a new pianist in Elona. Charisma based Juere build to match. Little girl tank pet as well.

It's fucking Freddie Mercury. A few days of questing and piano practice and I take the notoriously hard Party Time quest. No stones were cast.

Practice? How do you practice without being killed?

Freddie just doesn't give away his secrets, darling!

What...what just happened? My fingers were possessed there.

More seriously, lots of skill investment and playing for packed houses of weak, weak npcs and enemies. And a home full of pets.

*Edit: also, I'm wearing heavy glass armor and as many speed boosts as I can muster. So I'm kind of a tanky charisma build.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 11:55:54 am by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: November 30, 2016, 06:17:29 pm »

Almost got totally wrecked by Totem Lurantis. Had a Lv.18 Growlithe using a Z-boosted Fire Wheel(I forget the name of the Z-Move), but it didn't even take off half its HP. Then Lurantis called in Castform while using Synthesis. I had Trumbeak trying to burn through all of Synthesis' PP while getting hammered by Castform. Turns out GenVII also adds a physical version of Solar Beam called Solar Blade that Lurantis gets. Trumbeak goes down, but successfully exhausts Synthesis. I ignored Castform just in case Lurantis calls in something with Heal Pulse(having experienced that with Totem Wishiwashi :-\). Brionne nearly gets destroyed because I forget Lurantis is Grass-type(not even Bug-type, despite being based of a mantis), surviving solely due to Affection bonuses. Cutiefly successfully finishes off Lurantis with Silver Wind, and gains a level, then gets taken down by Castform.

Pikachu is sent out to replace Cutiefly, and paralyzes Castform with Static. I use the time to revive some of the fallen team, and switch back to Trumbeak who smacks around Castform to finish the battle.

Cutiefly starts to evolve, and since the Pokédex this game shows how many evolutionary relatives a Pokemon has, and Cutiefly only evolves once, I figure I'll just box- omfgit'ssofreakingadorable~! Ribombee also learned a pretty nifty move to go with the evolution, so I'll keep her in the party.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: November 30, 2016, 06:21:15 pm »

That Lurantis was a freaking bastard, I'll tell you what. Wiped my party the first time, took out virtually everyone on my second attempt.

At least you have two hyper-adorable pokemon now.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: November 30, 2016, 06:27:26 pm »

Since I was on a huge fighting game kick but owned very few actual fighting games, I got Mortal Kombat XL on Steam. Yesterday I decided that I'd play online matches for the first time. I figured I'd most likely fellate phallus as I've only played one other fighting game against other humans (as opposed to AI players) which was Supa Smash Bruddas. As it turns out that I'm actually fairly average, and was even capable of beating the asses of a handfull of people. For example, right now I'm maining Cyrax Triborg since Cyrax was my favorite character in MK9, and I was challenged by a guy who played as Raiden. As soon as he challenged me I noticed that he had almost 6 times as many losses as he did wins, so I knew he probably wasn't going to be that good. Even so, his scrubbery still outshone my expectations. Literally all he did was jump and use uppercuts. And he jumped A LOT. As in he was almost never not jumping. I kept trying to attack him like I would anyone else, but just when I thought he was going to do something besides spam midair-punch-followed-by-uppercut, he would do it again. The first time I fought him I actually lost because of this.

After that, I was pissed. I began another match with him. Needless to say, the first thing he did was start jumping. I immediately responded with the EX version of Cyrax's signature air grab, which in this game causes him to jump into the air, grab his opponent tightly, fly upwards, turn upside-down, and then boost into the ground, slamming the victim's head into the ground. Since the EX version also made the opponent bounce, I was able to turn it into a combo which did a total of 30% damage. I also was able to hit him which several bombs afterwards, which I normally only use for zoning, not direct damage, but he was completely stupid when it came to avoiding them. After 2 rounds of him falling for the same shit, I finished him off with one last air-grab, which he practically walked into again, and performed one of Cyrax's brutalities where he does the normal air-grab, but slams the opponent's head into the ground so hard that it explodes. He then left the match before the "Rematch / Quit" prompt even appeared.

Mortal Kombat XL.
LOOOOOOOOOL Well done.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: December 01, 2016, 09:22:28 am »

Almost got totally wrecked by Totem Lurantis. Had a Lv.18 Growlithe using a Z-boosted Fire Wheel(I forget the name of the Z-Move), but it didn't even take off half its HP. Then Lurantis called in Castform while using Synthesis. I had Trumbeak trying to burn through all of Synthesis' PP while getting hammered by Castform. Turns out GenVII also adds a physical version of Solar Beam called Solar Blade that Lurantis gets. Trumbeak goes down, but successfully exhausts Synthesis. I ignored Castform just in case Lurantis calls in something with Heal Pulse(having experienced that with Totem Wishiwashi :-\). Brionne nearly gets destroyed because I forget Lurantis is Grass-type(not even Bug-type, despite being based of a mantis), surviving solely due to Affection bonuses. Cutiefly successfully finishes off Lurantis with Silver Wind, and gains a level, then gets taken down by Castform.

Pikachu is sent out to replace Cutiefly, and paralyzes Castform with Static. I use the time to revive some of the fallen team, and switch back to Trumbeak who smacks around Castform to finish the battle.

Cutiefly starts to evolve, and since the Pokédex this game shows how many evolutionary relatives a Pokemon has, and Cutiefly only evolves once, I figure I'll just box- omfgit'ssofreakingadorable~! Ribombee also learned a pretty nifty move to go with the evolution, so I'll keep her in the party.

Hee.  I had the exact same reaction to it, too. :3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6982 on: December 02, 2016, 01:37:50 am »

Almost took out the Four Kings first try. On NG++, with no estus and one Gold Pine. Pretty okay. Got them second time easily, since I had estus.

Dark Souls.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: December 02, 2016, 10:05:31 am »

Defeated that asshole daimon. 3/4 of the way through the fight all of my pawns got slaughtered, I had to slowly wittle down his health on my own. Took fucking forever.

Dragons dogma; dark arisen
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: December 02, 2016, 01:58:37 pm »

That jerk Hau ambushed me for a Pokemon battle, giving me no chance to decline, or switch my team, or anything. He healed my team at least.

Round 1: my Hariyama vs his Raichu. It was an Alolan variant but I didn't know anything about it. I opened with Fake Out, then tried to use Knock Off in case it was holding something nasty. Well, it turns out that Alolan Raichu are psychic, and it unleashed a powerful STAB supereffective attack...and Hariyama survived with just 1 HP! Knock Off connected, was also super effective, and Raichu went down.

Round 2 was where things got messy. Hau sent out his starter, Brionne, and I countered with Petilil. Brionne got off a Bubblebeam before falling asleep, after which Petilil restored almost all of her HP with Giga Drain. She was in the middle of throwing out a Leech Seed when Hau swapped Brionne out for a Flareon of all things. The fire fox got seeded instead, and I switched in Munchlax for her Thick Fat. Leech Seed remained active, letting Munchlax easily stay in the fight long enough to crush Flareon.

Round 3 was back to Petilil vs the still-sleeping Brionne. Another Leech Seed went out, but then Brionne woke up and unleashed a Z-move! It left Petilil with less than half her HP, which might have been worrisome had Petilil not connected with a second Giga Drain which easily scored the win.

Munchlax evolved immediately following the battle  :D

Pokemon: Moon
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: December 02, 2016, 02:13:48 pm »

Just finished that battle myself. Yeah, Alola Raichu is Electric/Psychic, though I could have sworn at one point seeing it as Electric/Fairy.
Spoiler: It seems that Hau (click to show/hide)

I've been holding off evolving Pikachu(and Growlithe) in case there's some moves that Raichu cannot learn that Pikachu can. Arcanine learns only one move(ExtremeSpeed), all the other moves are learned by Growlithe.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: December 02, 2016, 04:52:08 pm »

I constructed a weapon in Space Engineers. It builds a torpedo in a tube that propels itself via a gravity drive to reach max speed in just over one second.

It can punch through 3-5 rows of solid heavy armor and obliterate anything on the other side, all without explosives. When I fired it at another ship it blew through 3 decks.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: December 02, 2016, 05:03:49 pm »

does the fact that I just got 41 lives(including continues) in sonic the hedgehog 2 count?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: December 02, 2016, 08:26:14 pm »

Console 2D platformer. Genesis console 2D platformer. 99 lives or riot.

... nah, you good. I don't remember what my highs were on the old sonic games, heh.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: December 03, 2016, 05:35:10 pm »

Got ambushed twice by Professor Genki while doing random mission stuff. He tried to slam a newspaper box into my face with psychic powers, I shot him in the face with a .50cal shotgun(???). The second time I somehow forgot to pick up the cache that dropped >_<.

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 709