Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1293031 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8445 on: March 18, 2018, 09:03:03 pm »

Ave!  True to Kaiserin.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: March 18, 2018, 09:45:26 pm »

That is really awesome! I need to make a note of that for next time I give that game a shot.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: March 19, 2018, 01:35:21 am »

That is really awesome! I need to make a note of that for next time I give that game a shot.
I think one of the raid bosses, you can line up the enemies he summons just right, so that you can shoot through all of them with the starting pistol you get at the very beginning of the game and one-shot the boss.
I'm not sure whether I should be amused or disgusted at how broken and fucked that is. At any rate, I just accidentally did it again to one of the Torgue's Campaign of Carnage bosses.

I remember years ago my brother and I just barely managed to beat Terramorphous with my assassin and his gunzerker, it would be hilarious if I could send him a video of me soloing him with b0re.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: March 19, 2018, 04:42:07 pm »

There’s a certain mission that appears in this mod, called “Trouble at the Ski Resort” or something along those lines. Now, the main quirks of this mission are that you can only get sporting equipment. The only gun you can really bring along is the sporting rifle, what is essentially the entry-level rifle-type Weapon, slow to fire but fairly accurate and powerful. Now, the sporting rifle is the exception to his trend in that it inflicts very little damage.

Welp, this was on the easiest difficulty, but I managed to complete two of them so far with no deaths, through kneeling, cover, and more than a little luck. If only other missions didn’t take place in your choice of labyrinthine jumble or mostly exposed wilderness that might have one building and the trees as cover...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: March 19, 2018, 05:49:13 pm »

Got commando to five perks for the muzzle brake on the handmade rifle. Then a legendary super mutant primus dropped a explosive 10mm pistol, which I fully upgraded and made automatic.

Holy fucking shit, this thing obliterates whole gangs of anything. I killed a behemoth, like fifty raiders, a bunch of Enclave (modded in) guys in X01 armor. It's obscenely awesome.

Fallout 4
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #8450 on: March 20, 2018, 02:36:05 am »

I stole all gold bars from the vault. Again.

Fallout: New Vegas, modded.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: March 20, 2018, 06:27:31 pm »

Managed to unlock 3 functional tanks of the 3.3-37BR tier. Two variants of the M4 Sherman, and the M10 Wolverine. Also started my first research into Rank 3 vehicles.

During one round with the M10, I pulled an over-the-shoulder shot on a tank about to finish off a teammate, hitting the enemy tank through the turret and taking out the crew(I normally try to avoid firing with teammates in line of fire). Later in the same round, I flanked a KV-1 in a shoving match with a friendly tank, blowing the ammo rack. Given how many times I've been hit with bullshit killshots from the KV-1, that felt good.

"Rush to the Rhine" was a fun map.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: March 20, 2018, 08:42:55 pm »

Not really an "own" in all likelihood, but it struck me as amusing enough and it is technically a "win."  Volunteered to play hide and seek with some kids, but they neglected to reckon with my mighty mini-map, which now comes with little dots for every person in the area.  Sorry, kids, but maybe someday, you too can be a video game protagonist.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: March 21, 2018, 12:05:36 pm »

Finally beat that stupid Donkey Kong minigame in Donkey Kong 64.  Then when I was prompted to beat it again for an item to win the game, I got it on my first try.

Only took about 55 tries overall.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: March 21, 2018, 03:06:18 pm »

Not entirely sure why Sitting Bull kept producing Fusileers and Cuirassers well into the Modern Age. Also a bit confused how a Cuirasser survives for more than two seconds while charging at an entire company of US Marines that is unloading hell into them.

By the time I was finally assaulting their last city, they were trying to stop my stealth bombers with biplanes. Biplanes launching from airbases right next door to ICBM silos. I'm a little surprised they didn't try nuking my wonders, as the AI is usually wont to do.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: March 21, 2018, 10:32:32 pm »

Spoiler: Terratech Microtank (click to show/hide)

Someone posted a design for a minitank, and I couldn't help but build one myself.

The Microtank (Currently in its assault configuration) menu includes.

A devastating twin gun battery that obliterates enemies up to 3x its size in a single salvo.
Dual Chainguns with a 180 degree hemisphere firing arc.
Twin plasma flamethrower casemates
Two Venture repair bubbles.
One Hawkeye Shield
Moderate Armor plating
Combined power capacity equal to 22 GSO batteries.
A cruise speed of 30mph and a maximum speed of 110mph.

This thing is actually kind of cheaty. Half of the stuff I run into dies in one salvo, and all but the most massive enemies take maybe two or three. With some finesse, I can make it run on a single tread, which allows some crazy firing maneuvers; letting me bring my main guns to bear at ridiculous speed.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: March 21, 2018, 10:33:30 pm »

Spoiler: Yay? (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: March 21, 2018, 11:16:08 pm »

Accidentally detonated a series of bombs around a nuclear reactor, killing 20,000 people, wounding uncounted others, and undoubtedly spreading radioactivity across a wide area.

This was the good ending.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: March 22, 2018, 02:08:22 am »

I am a benevolent pharaoh. Import all the raw materials, export all the finished ones, and get my residential zones at a quite nice state of living! \o/ Enough that I can pull the income...of a pharoah, as a royal judge, and still keep kingdom ratings quite high! Hello funding for my family (and later missions) for forever! :D
I now remember why I was drawn to this--I could be a girl, waaaaaaaay back in the day, a decade+ back. But it was more the pixel'y stuff. :P

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8459 on: March 22, 2018, 06:11:30 am »

Troops of the Holy Roman Empire have landed in Florida, Virginia, and Halifax. We've managed to stretch our territory from Florida to just outside DC, even if Halifax is kind of stuck. The US is putting up a surprising fight. We're both conscripting more and more, with US casualties at 14.37 million and HRE casualties at 6.32 million. And our allies both have pretty massive casualties as well.

When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 709