Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292953 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8460 on: March 22, 2018, 09:33:07 am »

I almost hate to ask, but did you take greater losses in Florida of Virginia?

I can only assume the greater of the millions of casualties started with one of the Floridians saying "Hold my beer".
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8461 on: March 22, 2018, 10:43:40 am »

I didn't check regularly enough to say it's false, so there's no reason to not just go with Floridans actually managing to kill millions of HRE troops through sheer insane bullshit.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8462 on: March 22, 2018, 01:11:57 pm »

Finally completed all three Speed Star quests. This is what I had to deal with:

• Your opponent runs a different course than you. Specifically, it flies directly to the goal.
  • Every time I had to restart the race, I have to go through the 30-second camera pan(itself is buggy) every time. The third race also has a loading screen to deal with.
  • Trying to dash right at the start of the race will instead cause you to dash backwards. Dashing backwards at the start causes you to dash backwards.
  • Speed salves do not actually increase your speed at all(may have been due to already having the max 20% boost from equipped chips). Speed salves are apparently also limited in availability(source:wiki), gained only from 3 quests rewards(including THIS quest). It also took me awhile to find them in my inventory.
  • Opening the inventory to use a speed salve also brings you to a dead stop for several seconds when you close the menu.
  • The second race would have been finished earlier had my controls not reversed suddenly right before the end. Probably related to the same thing dashing at the start.

To win the first and second races, I had to slow the opponent down with a Slow attack(which is only available in a "second" playthrough). This doesn't work in the third race since he flies clear across the map way above the ground(you have to take the long way). For the third race, a dive and dash around a huge crater, I abused a partial self-destruct(release before you go boom) to fall faster and cancel both fall damage and stagger. Also tried something I read where if you start charging your Pod's special attack but then cancel it, everything but you slows down slightly, but I'm not sure if it worked - I did win when I tried it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8463 on: March 22, 2018, 01:35:36 pm »

Floridans actually managing to kill millions of HRE troops through sheer insane bullshit.
sheer insane bullshit.

ah, florida's next major export besides theme parks
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8464 on: March 22, 2018, 02:56:39 pm »

I haven't played Hearts of Iron, how did it become the Holy Roman Empire?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8465 on: March 22, 2018, 03:02:44 pm »

You can do so through an extremely convoluted series of events as Germany and a conquering spree. Forming the Holy Roman Empire in HoI4 is very much 'We're on so many different layers of alt-history we might as well have fun with it'. Not only do you have to restore the Kaiserreich and ally with Great Britain, you have to get Wilhelm III on the throne instead of II, reform your succession laws, and finally have the Hindenburg survive long enough to kill off most but not all of the royal family. And then after all of that you still need to conquer many other countries to get the land needed for the decision.

It's... very much something you'd only figure out how to do by reading the raw data.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8466 on: March 22, 2018, 03:33:59 pm »

Thanks.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8467 on: March 22, 2018, 06:44:43 pm »

Conquered Crete as Cimmeria then had an army ambushed by Galatians near Side. Curbstomped the shit out of them.

TWR2
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8468 on: March 23, 2018, 12:23:09 am »

After continued hard fighting, and a landing in Los Angeles, the US was beaten, and the rest of the remaining allies followed as they no longer had US troops stopping us. In the end, Allied losses were almost 40 million, and Central Powers losses almost 14 million, but Kaiserin Victoria Louise of Prussia has conquered most of the world.

Spoiler: Hearts of Iron IV (click to show/hide)
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8469 on: March 23, 2018, 02:39:22 am »

Based on an idea from some other guys on the internet, I designed a missile that takes out the scariest ships reliably and with relatively low cost. It seems to work even against heavy laserstars.

Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8470 on: March 23, 2018, 10:48:41 am »

Reinstalled HS after a long while, had enough gold for a single arena run, decided, what the heck, might as well. Drafted an abysmally heavy Druid deck that had no 1-drops and way too few 2-drops. But as it turns out, nobody else is playing aggro so I just powered my way trough 8 opponents before losing, bullshit like 8 attack windfury dinosaurs or asshole shrooms that keep spawning trash the enemy can't clear was pretty fun all in all. And the reward was a nifty 225 gold and a pack, not bad for a first run in months.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8471 on: March 24, 2018, 12:50:11 am »

Solo'd The Invincible Sentinel, which is a boss normally meant to be taken on by a team. Somehow I managed to die exactly at the same time as him, and I was afraid that I would have to fight him again after respawning, but luckily that wasn't the case. He was still ded and all of his loots were still there for me to pick up, including a legendary shield.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8472 on: March 24, 2018, 10:29:36 am »

I had a battle between Isabella von Carstein and Volkmar the Grim. Both were full 20 unit armies.

The main battle wore on due to Volkmar having about 6 units of flaggelants and the Sons of Sigmar (Unbreakable swordsmen). 2 Units of Black Knights and a mounted Wight King I had planned to use for rear charges were caught and beaten by the enemies Griffon Guard (Kislev knights from a mod).

The whole battle devolved to a badly injured Isabella, a Black Coach and Volkmar (on foot). Volkmar was too powerful to engage in melee so I had to repeatedly run him over with the Black Coach, dealing about 100 damage every time the charge hit. It took about 15 minutes to reduce Volkmar from 1600 health (already damaged) to about 300 when he broke, during which he spent most of this time flying down a hillside after taking a coach to the face.

Warhammer 2: Total War.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8473 on: March 24, 2018, 02:31:18 pm »

I'm playing that as Clan Angrund and re-took Karaz-Eight-Peaks for the first time! Multiple false starts were involved including a notable 40 on 40 unit battle against the Crooked Moon goblins.

Such a great game.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8474 on: March 24, 2018, 05:16:26 pm »

Just had an amazing run with Azazael. Got sad onion and satanic bible on the first floor, got monstro's lung on the second floor, for a short range shotgun brimstone, then found 20/20 on the next floor to double the number of lasers, then found mom's eye a few floors after that to get an extra laser shooting behind me. Managed to max out my damage stat too.

Cleared the game all the way up to mega Satan in about 30 minutes. Could probably make a speedrun using the seed.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 06:02:26 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 563 564 [565] 566 567 ... 709