Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292867 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #8670 on: June 23, 2018, 02:09:42 am »

An Avali raid! Careful they seem unusually clever in their tactics!

Huh I better keep an eye on what they are doing then.
*Avali raid runs over to local insect caves and beats the insects into unconsciousness taking some harm but no casualties*
Huh I doubt that was clever as much as they happened to see them and felt they had to fight them.  I donno why they didn't use their guns though, the bugs didn't take any lethal harm the bugs are just out cold...
*Avali conga line towards my base with the ones wounded from the bugs now falling far behind*
*There is a T-Rex hanging out by my front entrance*
*Fighting starts, t-rex takes a stray arrow*
T-Rex: Aw hell no.
*T-Rex absolutely destroys the Avali who are the nearest targets*
Me:(Laughing my ass off)
*Avali break and flee, T-rex chasing after, t-rex is easily downed before it gets out of range by my sniper*

Wow that raid was extremely clever, they almost killed me with laughter.

Rimworld, Modded
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8671 on: June 24, 2018, 06:36:53 am »

I killed a Crocodilian.

Yes, it was on Novice difficulty. Yes, it was on the very first Crimson Court quest.

All the same, I killed it with no deaths on my team (though there were a few close calls.) and no deaths in the mission.

My team, if I remember it correctly, was Vestal, Hellion, Crusader, and Leper. I’d given the Hellion and Crusader their movement skills (Breakthrough and Holy Lance, respectively) to turn the pair into a less extreme version of the Crusader Gatling Gun is whatever they call it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8672 on: June 24, 2018, 09:48:41 am »

Did a quest that to even start required me to shave my GLORIOUS MANBEARD and put on a lady's dress which apparently includes generous chest-padding, since the quest-giver is a violent misandrist(actually, there's implications that she's actually attracted to anyone in women's clothing, and violent to everyone else). Said quest had to objectives, kill a bunch from a rival group of all-male bandits(who, by the way, are not misogynist), or feed a dead goblin to her pet cyclops. Did both. Feeding the cyclops took two tries because night fell on the first try and suddenly phantasms everywhere and my spellcaster pawns did not understand how to use their fire magic.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8673 on: June 24, 2018, 10:27:28 am »

0 to 7 scores.
I made three of those goals.
In the hockey version.

Rocket League.

Shouldn't that be 7 to 0? 0 to 7 would be you losing.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8674 on: June 24, 2018, 11:06:15 am »

DEPEnds if they were home or away. And then also which country you were in, since Americans are weird and out the home score second.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8675 on: June 24, 2018, 11:11:03 am »

Not me. A dog.

A civilian Attack Dog killed TWO of the floaters terrorising Novosibirsk. The only help it had was a civilian human trying and failing to punch one of them.

Later I finaly got Jump Armors for my THUNDERSTORM pilots, so now I can have them train their reactions on Zombie Infestations and Strange Lifeforms (Unless they are Spikeboars or Giant frogs, both of which have ranged attacks)

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8676 on: June 24, 2018, 02:47:38 pm »

Actually wasn't completely useless in the match.  My team basically carried to hell and back but I only really died in the duels and I'd like to think I helped win the first dual which helped everything else kinda snowball into place.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8677 on: June 24, 2018, 04:07:11 pm »

I was struggling with holding onto the navy because the enemy air player kept throwing gunships at me and my cruiser count was still too low (while our air player was fucking about on other parts of the map for the most part) but once I hit the critical mass of some 7 or so cruisers enemy air was getting deleted when it came anywhere near my clump of boats. Since I pushed the enemy player out of the water on this side I proceeded to fling cruiser tactical missles at his base but the bastard built a literal wall of shields, anti-missle defences and stationary arty that was impossible to dislodge by conventional means. Luckily, since I had won the naval fight I had spare factories and resources (at this point focusing on ecoing up and teching up air and land to help our faltering middle) so I made 4 nuke subs and set the bastards to producing nukes. After several minutes of dealing with random shit I remember I still have them, and oh boy they are all loaded.

Now the wall of defences the enemy naval player built was a huge investment and he focused heavily on defeating any convetional assault I could throw at him. Unfortunately for him he forgot any nuke defence. Cue me shoving 4 nuclear missles down his throat. That left two more players on their team, one of which was proving to be a fucking nuisance by constantly spamming spiderbots and sending them our way, before I could fully realise my plan to sneak build power near his main base and start streaming fatboys at him the idiot tried to telesnipe our own air player and got murdered by base defenses before doing anything worthwhile.

The last player was putting up a decent fight for a short time after that but he peaced out quickly after some 5 or so nukes were launched at his base and he had defences to stop maybe two of them.

Pretty damn fun game overall with plenty of back and forth, despite gary being a salty little bitch about losing like always.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8678 on: June 25, 2018, 02:48:45 pm »

Yeah screw gary
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8679 on: June 25, 2018, 03:26:49 pm »

I got someone to run offlane Undying/Bane with me, I was the Bane.  The enemy team's safelane?  Legion commander and Ursa.  We didn't just win the lane, we annihilated it.  LC ran away to jungle after 2 waves and Ursa stayed.  I zoned Ursa so hard that I literally just stood at the edge of his tower staring him down while Undying was last hitting near OUR tower.  When Ursa was level 2 against a level 3 Bane + level 4 Undying he got the message that mayyyybbbeeee he shouldn't stick around.  We destroyed the tower soon aftewards.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8680 on: June 25, 2018, 05:31:58 pm »

Dealt the killing blow to
in perhaps the most epic way, bursting forth a spire of ice from the ground and directly into his heart.

Spoiler: Following that (click to show/hide)

Preparations for the fight included buying 100 Potent Greenwarish(not best, but best you can easily buy) and stocking up on on Healing Spring Water(not best, but free).

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8681 on: June 26, 2018, 10:43:49 pm »

Shortly after returning home, I went walking to the gym.  With my umbrella, for my phone's sake.  The rain was quite lovely, light and steady.

I noticed that the gym was of my team, and full, but also being attacked!  I took cover and observed the only car parked near it.  Neat timing, but I planned to let them have it.  The gym had been my color for a while, and our two teams tend to share it pretty kindly.  Valor is out of luck ):

However, as the gym changed, I saw the name of the player.  My eyes narrowed and I shifted closer, leaning around the corner store.  Them.  Or should I say, her?  Because there were very quickly three pokemon in the gym, yet the car clearly had one occupant.  I had suspected this, but wasn't sure.  Now I was.

I waited patiently as she cut diagonally across the parking lot (common for GO players, but bad form).  Before long she turned onto the road away, and I quickly moved to the gym with my practiced gait.  To her credit, there was no Blissey, and there was a lovely shiny Wailord.  I almost wanted to leave it alone, but then the rain picked up against my umbrella.  No.  No mercy for cheaters.
(Besides, I got Wailord first.  That was MY thing, locally, that and Milotic)

I chose my party for for DPS over survivability, yet still changed them out just short of death.  I destroyed the enemy with efficiency, almost fast enough to avoid notice.  But their third pokemon suddenly had full health/two extra lives.  Heh, excellent.  If they wanted to burn raid-reward gold razzberies this way, I was happy to oblige.  Thanks to my friends' gifts, I can heal my pokemon properly afterward.

They wasted 3 golden razzberries before giving up.  I wonder if I'll see them sometime in a raid group.  I wonder if they'll even know it was me - probably not, since they had left before I put in my wimpy shiny ivysaur.  Maybe I'll smile and wave.
Within an hour of me leaving, two people of my team had rejoined the gym.  I really feel like the carry sometimes, heh.

Pokemon GO
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #8682 on: June 26, 2018, 10:44:49 pm »

Pokemon GO?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8683 on: June 26, 2018, 10:45:39 pm »

Thanks, I edited it in just before the "edited at XX:YY" cutoff.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8684 on: June 27, 2018, 12:06:23 am »

Got my hands on the Dark Souls remaster

Managed to kill the first black knight you encounter, through a lot of silly chasing, 20 damage axe blows, and a handful of black firebombs.

It was anything but graceful, but at least he gave me his sword, which I hear is a rare drop to get, esp. first thing in the game.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 577 578 [579] 580 581 ... 709