Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 709

Author Topic: How did you last *own*?  (Read 1292559 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How did you last *own*?
« Reply #9960 on: November 21, 2020, 07:40:32 pm »

Decided to reinstall this, after angrily uninstalling this due to.. well not exactly the changes that were made, but the developer's attitude towards their playerbase in regards to the changes.

First off, those changes suck. They'd be less terrible, but for some reason materials stored in specialized compartments is still used by other devices. Example, the fuel engines can take material from the ammo box, meaning a supply failure in one system will cripple the entire vehicle. Another bizarre change was redesigning the Flashheart plane from a rickety, meme-worthy prop-plane to a jet-powered, unstoppable, death machine.

That said, I made this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #9961 on: November 21, 2020, 07:53:03 pm »

-
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 08:51:27 am by ArchimedesWojak »
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: November 24, 2020, 07:26:52 pm »

Caesar 3 with the Augustus engine.

I finally managed to beat the peacefull mission Lugdunum.

This map seems fun at first, but when you'll try to match the "Prosperity" requirement (the other requirement are very easy) you understand it is pure hatred for a mediocre Caesar3 player like myself that do not plan much ahead in term of city blocks and have some trouble with some of the game mechanics :D

I wonder if i would have managed with the Julius engine (basically Caesar3 vanilla) only as i believe i won this one only thanks to some of Augustus engine additions.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 07:30:30 pm by Robsoie »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: November 25, 2020, 10:53:31 am »

Caesar 3 with the Augustus engine.

I finally managed to beat the peacefull mission Lugdunum.

This map seems fun at first, but when you'll try to match the "Prosperity" requirement (the other requirement are very easy) you understand it is pure hatred for a mediocre Caesar3 player like myself that do not plan much ahead in term of city blocks and have some trouble with some of the game mechanics :D

I wonder if i would have managed with the Julius engine (basically Caesar3 vanilla) only as i believe i won this one only thanks to some of Augustus engine additions.
I really should finish Emperor, this reminds me.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: November 28, 2020, 07:52:34 pm »

With a save file with over 200 hours* on it, I've managed to fill out the Field Guide for the main game. The only Digimon I don't have are the ones I need to start a new game for the expansion story, since the items required don't appear in the main game. Fortunately, having completed data on both(which I do) allows you to transfer Digimon between Aiba and Keisuke in a NG+.

The hardest to get, in my opinion, was Lucemon. That requires getting Ultimate-level stats onto the In-Training level Tokomon. Then, to get Lucemon Falldown Mode, you need to boost an entirely different set of stats. Lucemon Satan Mode wasn't as hard to get afterwards. All to turn a floofy hamster into the actual dragon from the Book of Revelations.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: November 28, 2020, 11:11:35 pm »

haha boobie go burr

on a lesser note, ive been looking for more quality titles for my switch, how is cyber sleuth?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: November 28, 2020, 11:44:58 pm »

It has some memorable missions, enough backtracking in random dungeons to be annoying for me, and some fun monster collecting and breeding. I guess it mostly depends on your expectations for it, but it succeeded well enough in my opinion. You'll probably want to take advantage of the xp/money multiplying 'mons to expedite things. Utilizes some alternative mechanics I prefer over other monster collecting franchises. (Side note: I have no personal attachment to the Digimon franchise so I can't comment on how it fits into the overarching world.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: November 29, 2020, 02:18:02 am »

I managed to blast Wulfgar with Ice Form while he was demonstrating Whirlwind sprint.
He failed to stop and went sailing off the mountain.

The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: December 01, 2020, 02:50:00 pm »

Finished a Vampire Coast campaign with Noctilus (vortex). The last battle was hilariously easy because I had gotten the Sword of Khaine. As a kicker, I never captured any settlement, so it was a single-province run.

Total War: Warhammer 2

Vampirates are indeed top-tier.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: December 02, 2020, 06:20:39 pm »

The only time I was ever outright forced to take a city by capture point in order to win was when the possessed dark elf dude got ahold of the sword of khaine. He held the gate by himself while every other unit of his was slain to a man.

I managed to blast Wulfgar with Ice Form while he was demonstrating Whirlwind sprint.
He failed to stop and went sailing off the mountain.

That is fantastic.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: December 05, 2020, 12:03:34 pm »

Decapitated an opponent with my katana, and turned away to face another enemy. A split second later, I heard an impact and a death scream behind me. I turned around and saw that the severed head actually hit an enemy with enough force to kill them.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: December 05, 2020, 01:39:38 pm »

So happy, finally managed to obtain a housing evolve into its highest one , the Luxury Palace, in Caesar3 without crippling my city, using a peacefull city building map.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 01:41:13 pm by Robsoie »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: December 05, 2020, 03:55:52 pm »

So happy, finally managed to obtain a housing evolve into its highest one , the Luxury Palace, in Caesar3 without crippling my city, using a peacefull city building map.

Tried playing that again just now. Now I remember why I prefer Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom. Can't place stuff too far away from housing, or else it won't work. Can't place it too close to housing, or else housing won't evolve. Early missions don't give a way to restrict walkers, so the local prefect decides to make his daily patrol towards the outlying farms, causing the housing on the opposite side of the city to burst into flames. Rebuild the plot, and when their new neighbors to arrive to replace the ones who died in the fire, the citizens next door decide the neighborhood is too ugly to live in, causing a ripple effect that results in 80% of your population to collectively say "'aight, I'mma head out."

I'd be more pissed off, but the frustration is making physically sick to my stomach right now.

...Maybe I should do the open-play maps and tell the campaign to go swim in the Cloaca Maxima.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: December 05, 2020, 07:08:23 pm »

I have, somehow, achieved a world record in the pain% category.

It's in a new category, but the previous holder is one of the best runners of the community.

SW: Battlefront II 2005

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: December 06, 2020, 05:26:13 am »

Tried playing that again just now. Now I remember why I prefer Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom. Can't place stuff too far away from housing, or else it won't work. Can't place it too close to housing, or else housing won't evolve. Early missions don't give a way to restrict walkers, so the local prefect decides to make his daily patrol towards the outlying farms, causing the housing on the opposite side of the city to burst into flames. Rebuild the plot, and when their new neighbors to arrive to replace the ones who died in the fire, the citizens next door decide the neighborhood is too ugly to live in, causing a ripple effect that results in 80% of your population to collectively say "'aight, I'mma head out."

I'd be more pissed off, but the frustration is making physically sick to my stomach right now.

...Maybe I should do the open-play maps and tell the campaign to go swim in the Cloaca Maxima.
The Augustus engine adds lots of quality of life improvement options and features like those roadblocks to restrict walkers you're mentionning (they ported the feature from Pharaoh/Cleopatra and made them customisable allowing you to decide if some specific type of walker can move through), it makes Caesar3 much more fun to me.

As without those barrages you had to use those big (and sometime impractical) gatehouses making it extra hard to prevent fire in desert maps when those patrols were having their own fun walking very far from the area you wanted them to stay into.
This feature alone makes it worthy to give a try to Augustus (along many good stuff) for Caesar3.

Additionally, the northern maps do not have fire (desert maps have increased fire), so you only have to take care of building collapse with engineer posts.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 05:28:31 am by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 709