Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 843086 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2250 on: August 28, 2012, 01:30:28 am »

Eh. I imagine it's not the last thing that will go missing ere we're through.

Like, for example, the children Iden Solonigath and Ingish Bimzes. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them... in fact they are quite overwhelmingly ecstatic... except they don't appear to have a physical presence in the fortress.

edit: That and they are both 20 years old.

So the fort's pulled a Battlefailed, lost it's most treasured item, the civilization is well and truly extinct, and it's likely to remain 'alive' after the last dwarf dies simply because two of them are lost in limbo? 

Couldn't ask for anything better to happen to this little hellhole

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: August 28, 2012, 01:46:13 am »

And the plot thickens.

However, I think I'll leave it to future overseers to untangle this particular knot, aside from perhaps a dream or two.

I've finished a survey of the fort's remaining (living, dwarven) occupants, and hope to have Spring ready by Wednesday or Thursday.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 05:45:57 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2252 on: August 28, 2012, 10:08:33 am »

Oh see there's the problem.

My son's are demi-gods.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: August 28, 2012, 02:30:24 pm »

Demi-gods? Seriously? Strangely enough, that is one of the more normal things to happen to Deathgate
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: August 28, 2012, 02:54:15 pm »

Terry's power is on the rise...
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

Velard

• Bay Watcher
  • Anyone want some cantalope?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: August 28, 2012, 04:24:24 pm »

Oh well, I don't blame you for dropping my turn. I'm sorry I couldn't post more regularly. I'll just watch as the plot thickensburns to ash. Maybe I'll actually have my shit together in time for DGII. But yeah, it was a mistake for me to sign up for this at this time. :I
Quote from: Mitchewawa
I mined out a moderate sized area above the stairway to hell in order to have enough rocks to fuel my insane architectural boner.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: August 28, 2012, 07:31:31 pm »

Perhaps Terry now wields the Doomsword.

Only one could wield that cursed blade and he is the literal manifestation of madness.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: August 28, 2012, 07:33:46 pm »

Perhaps Terry now wields the Doomsword.

Only one could wield that cursed blade and he is the literal manifestation of madness.

Well. Time to pick seven dwarves and send them outta here.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: August 28, 2012, 07:41:57 pm »

No one leaves Deathgate... alive!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: August 28, 2012, 11:11:47 pm »

No one leaves Deathgate... alive!

You don't even leave Deathgate dead, you just rot outside the Hellbunker.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: August 28, 2012, 11:36:58 pm »

If the fortress survives to my turn, I intend to get some power going with the remaining dwarves and flood the upper levels in Magma.  NONE SHALL TOUCH OUR GLORIOUS CORPSES!

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: August 29, 2012, 04:14:10 am »

You don't even leave Deathgate dead, you just rot outside the Hellbunker.

Actually I guess the two kids did. And took the Demonblade with them, the lil' rascals.
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: August 29, 2012, 04:29:11 am »

If the fortress survives to my turn, I intend to get some power going with the remaining dwarves and flood the upper levels in Magma
Most of the machinery to do this is already in place, only needs a few connections here, and then a way to prevent the magma from destroying said machinery while flooding the chambers.

Oh and prevent it from getting into lower Deathgate. Also important.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 04:33:20 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: August 29, 2012, 06:22:08 am »

If the fortress survives to my turn, I intend to get some power going with the remaining dwarves and flood the upper levels in Magma
Most of the machinery to do this is already in place, only needs a few connections here, and then a way to prevent the magma from destroying said machinery while flooding the chambers.

Oh and prevent it from getting into lower Deathgate. Also Optional.
FTFY
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: August 29, 2012, 07:30:25 am »

Heh.

So... my preparations (which are probably a wee bit excessive) are nearly complete. I whipped up a short background for the character whose viewpoint I will be using for the next four seasons, and as it is at least semi-readable, albeit lengthy, here it be:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

She now stood before a small group of her elders, as Mayor Kosoth Rigothvir officially claimed her as her apprentice and adopted sister. For the time being, she would manage the fort's records, and mingle with the populace. Give the mayor someone to discuss decisions with. It was the greatest moment of her life. Being young and full of self-importance, she never thought to ask why.

At the end of the ceremony, the mayor bestowed on her a new name, that of an old leader of Deathgate.

Henceforth, Kogan would be known as Irony II.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 08:02:29 am by wlerin »
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 175