Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 841146 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2265 on: August 29, 2012, 10:13:21 am »

Henceforth, Kogan would be known as Irony II.

I always knew this fortress would suffer an ironic fate

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: August 29, 2012, 03:20:32 pm »

No one leaves Deathgate... alive!

You don't even leave Deathgate dead, you just rot outside the Hellbunker.
Wait, I thought that was the whole plan for Deathgate 2, that their ghosts escape Deathgate and go out to posses some other poor dwarfs.
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: August 29, 2012, 03:36:32 pm »

Hah, I looked through my update (since that seemed to be what you were referencing) and it's true. Goden WAS one of the kids killed in the big breach I caused.

I'm flattered <3

In fact, I think Goden was SuperKid, the dwarven child who survived against the assassin bug fiend longer than a couple of the military dwarves did.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: August 30, 2012, 01:15:13 pm »

No one leaves Deathgate... alive!

You don't even leave Deathgate dead, you just rot outside the Hellbunker.
Wait, I thought that was the whole plan for Deathgate 2, that their ghosts escape Deathgate and go out to posses some other poor dwarfs.

That's still the plan.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: August 30, 2012, 01:52:00 pm »

Which is why I have no intention of putting any more ghosts to rest. Except maybe that violent one by the front gate.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: August 30, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »

Which is why I have no intention of putting any more ghosts to rest. Except maybe that violent one by the front gate.

No, no, leave him.  If anyone actually magma-floods the fortress, having an angry spectral guard could be useful!
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: August 30, 2012, 02:29:29 pm »

No, no, leave him.  If anyone actually magma-floods the fortress, having an angry spectral guard could be useful!
Yeah! We'll need somebody to protect the... magma... and !!stuff!! We don't want any of those nasty kobolds running off with a pocket-full of our precious magma!
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: August 30, 2012, 02:53:36 pm »

Yeah! We'll need somebody to protect the... magma... and !!stuff!! We don't want any of those nasty kobolds running off with a pocket-full of our precious magma!
I was more going for the "Hell Fortress" look, especially if magma spills out of the fort. Aesthetics, man.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: August 30, 2012, 03:27:46 pm »

There are actually quite a few artifacts on the upper levels, so he might have a point.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2275 on: August 30, 2012, 03:40:38 pm »

I go away for a month, and the fort has descended into even more madness.

Incidently, is my dwarf still numbered among the living or has she finally bit it?
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: August 30, 2012, 04:47:17 pm »

I like having the ghosts around. Having a prior Baelor watch as his current incarnation charged into a horde of lizard demons and an Assassin Bug Fiend? Priceless.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: August 30, 2012, 07:01:25 pm »

Incidently, is my dwarf still numbered among the living or has she finally bit it?
NCommander is alive. Most of the Marksdwarves are. Well... I say most...

I mean, rather, that all that's left of the military is Marksdwarves. Marksdwarves and Scaliper. I'm not sure if this is because melee combat has a higher turnover rate, or the CARP Commander just spent more time training the Marksdwarves (there are a number of CARP trainees for other weapons, but none of them are beyond novice, and I have no intention of risking injuries with the current state of Deathgate's healthcare.)

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #2278 on: August 30, 2012, 07:12:14 pm »

NCommander is alive. Most of the Marksdwarves are. Well... I say most...

I mean, rather, that all that's left of the military is Marksdwarves. Marksdwarves and Scaliper. I'm not sure if this is because melee combat has a higher turnover rate, or the CARP Commander just spent more time training the Marksdwarves (there are a number of CARP trainees for other weapons, but none of them are beyond novice, and I have no intention of risking injuries with the current state of Deathgate's healthcare.)

Most of the military got slaughtered on my turn when we got sieged with two waves of 50+ goblins before the surface was sealed which is when TAD was off'ed. Then TAD caused the save to be corrupted and I had to wind back to the fall autosave which is why we have *any* military :-/.

EDIT: Also helps she's legendary in Siege Operator which gives nice stat boosts.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 07:16:12 pm by NCommander »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: August 30, 2012, 08:45:21 pm »

So is TAD still alive?  Or did he die pre-rollback of your savegame?
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 175