Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 175

Author Topic: Deathgate - And We Must Scream (Finished Succession Game)  (Read 841121 times)

ZanVaelius

• Bay Watcher
  • The Novelist
    • View Profile
Re: Deathgate - Götterdämmerung (Succession Game)
« Reply #2311 on: September 08, 2012, 01:13:59 pm »

Sorry, but I'm going to have to back out of this turn.
University life has started for me and every day is hectic.

Hahah. AhahahahahMUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh, crap.

Well.
Quite.
Quote from: Mageziya
SLADE!? Dear lord, holy Armok, flying fudge pickles. I had no idea the procedural generator could use SLADE for forgotten beasts.
Quote from: Hurize
It can, very rare.... But when it does you get get the message "RAEPING TIEM" when it arrives at your base

scaliper

• Bay Watcher
  • He Who Scalips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: September 08, 2012, 08:32:29 pm »

You don't get a hell of a lot of use out of minions when the standard training regimen outputs quadriplegics.
Unless you load the quadruplegics into catapults and fire them on the enemy.
First person to record farming in HFS, and in a community fort no less!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: September 08, 2012, 09:05:18 pm »

Well. I guess that means I don't need to keep as many dwarves alive. Go me.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: September 08, 2012, 09:27:16 pm »

Well. I guess that means I don't need to keep as many dwarves alive. Go me.

I'd prefer it if you did.  I need labourers... For plans

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: September 09, 2012, 02:31:42 am »

Spring is done (finally), nothing much has happened, though a few interesting possibilities for summer have presented themselves (hehehe).

And so far Slendy hasn't had any further outbursts.

I'll do a proper update tomorrow, and hopefully finish another season.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ZanVaelius

• Bay Watcher
  • The Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: September 09, 2012, 09:59:18 am »

And so far Slendy hasn't had any further outbursts.

He's watching. Always watching. No eyes....
SLADE!? Dear lord, holy Armok, flying fudge pickles. I had no idea the procedural generator could use SLADE for forgotten beasts.
It can, very rare.... But when it does you get get the message "RAEPING TIEM" when it arrives at your base

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: September 09, 2012, 09:52:24 pm »

what's the Slenderman ghost's name?

I'm wondering if it's possible he's on the list but under a different name, possibly because of Dwarf Therapist reassigning his name. Check by last name.

Or not; I understand the memorial UI is a huge pain in the rear.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: September 09, 2012, 11:20:04 pm »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: September 09, 2012, 11:56:39 pm »

It's Aussie's turn after you.  Hence the evil laughter. 

The Mighty Auss Shall Rise Again! 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: September 10, 2012, 07:57:21 am »

what's the Slenderman ghost's name?

I'm wondering if it's possible he's on the list but under a different name, possibly because of Dwarf Therapist reassigning his name. Check by last name.

Or not; I understand the memorial UI is a huge pain in the rear.
He doesn't have a nickname. It's Bembul Adekiton (not sure about the first e). He doesn't show up in legends, but there are a lot of hidden historical figures, so that's not surprising. My guess is he was a caravan guard, tragically drowned when water was accidentally pumped into the trade depot.

I figure, if he kills one dwarf a season, we should have enough to survive till Anima's turn, and even beyond. So I won't runesmith him out. Yet. If he picks up the pace we might have to.

Also, in lieu of the promised update, the dwarves of Deathgate:

Remaining Named Dwarves:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---

A Survey of Deathgate's Population,
with a particular Eye to the Available Workforce
[39 dwarves: 32 adults, 7 children]

[I count eight adults above who had no signs of demon sickness at the start of my turn. Most of them are already in the hospital, those who aren't.... will be soon enough. Most of them still had clothes hanging to them in tatters, so my guess is that their boots have finally rotted off. If I could be bothered to check, they are probably all from the same immigrant wave.

I have at least 4 dwarves dedicated to caring for the sick (and even that may not be enough), so we have between 16 and 20 workers available, depending on what the marksdwarves are doing that particular month. Hopefully we don't lose anyone to this epidemic. Mind you, the sickness itself doesn't seem to be dangerous, at least to adults, but getting them food and drink in a timely manner has proven difficult. Oh wait, make that nine adults. One of the newly minted adult dwarves was already lying in the hospital when she came of age.]

Children of Deathgate:

[Two of these children entered their twelfth year this spring, though I forget which two. I'll fix this when I make a proper spring update, as well as adding information on their health.]

Appendix I: Major Families of Deathgate

Appendix II: Mayors of Deathgate
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 01:33:38 pm by wlerin »

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: September 10, 2012, 08:46:30 am »

How's that aqueduct project going?

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: September 10, 2012, 08:51:43 am »

The mining is nearly complete, and I'm about halfway done with paving any open spaces on the route, so we shouldn't have any tree problems. Setting up a pressure-lock with floodgates and potentially pumps will take some more time. [Granted, the way it's designed right now, I don't actually need a pressure-lock, there are staggered walls on the bottom level that will reset pressure. I want a little more control over it, though. Plus there's the issue of getting the waterworks in the hospital to function, which may be out of my league, at least if I am to finish this in a reasonable amount of time.]

I might try to bring power from the BATTERY down to lower deathgate. Might. Gonna have to look at how feasible that is given what time I have left.

edit: Oh yeah, and there's a cute little FB hanging out by the entrance to the Areltulon (NCommander's aqueduct).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 11:40:45 am by wlerin »

ZanVaelius

• Bay Watcher
  • The Novelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: September 11, 2012, 05:22:17 am »

edit: Oh yeah, and there's a cute little FB hanging out by the entrance to the Areltulon (NCommander's aqueduct).

That must be Fluffy. It's his favourite napping spot.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 175