Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261028 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #1785 on: May 23, 2011, 01:43:24 am »

Just had a fun Terraria session with my brother.

Did some wandering of a new world, found a nice place to call home, and setup a house near a corrupt zone. Thanks to him being further than I was equipment-wise, we managed to crack a few orbs and unleash an eater of worlds and an eye of cthulhu simultaneously. He killed the eye while I managed to deal the final blow to eater. All in the same night. Mind you, I also killed it with my trusty gold sword and bronze armor. And this all took place at our nice little abode with a merchant claiming my room. Total deaths on my end, about 6-8. Also helped that my brother was also decked out in full shadow gear.

The merchant didn't live, but the spoils were worth it. The demonite and scales I got from it gave me a better pickaxe that can mine the previously unmineable, and a drop from Eater was also a shadow helmet. HUZZAH! That was fun.

I also learned how to make potions from him, and realized that with my current stocks, I have easily over 120 potions now. I won't be in short supply (or be stingy in) health anymore. I think I'm ready to do some actual exploring/spelunking now.

We also tried taking on Skeletron with a sand trap (falling sand does much damage, so a huge stack dropped on him). What do you think? I died before I could properly execute it (damn you slimes and zombies; they messed up my accuracy and I got ambushed by skelly.).
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 01:54:54 am by Itnetlolor »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 23, 2011, 01:51:39 am »

Has anyone destroyed the entire world yet?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 23, 2011, 02:13:16 am »

Has anyone destroyed the entire world yet?
Shall we start one???
Small world, Small floating Base for NPCs...
LOTS AND LOTS OF TNT!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #1788 on: May 23, 2011, 02:13:55 am »

Well, all I did was spam shuriken at him. I died because I couldn't dodge him well enough. Plus, my best melee weapon? A gold broadsword. Best range? Gold bow with flaming arrows. I don't even have any mana. Yeah, I suck. :'(

Well you have two options then, go spelunking for more stuff, or summon him and keep trying until you get better at dodging him. I have a hard time dodging him all the time myself. :P

On the plus side, if you're not getting any fallen stars, you might just happen to have tons of floating islands that they keep landing on!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 02:24:21 am by Seriyu »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 23, 2011, 03:07:51 am »

Mmhmhmhm... PvP idea of th'day. Simple setup, even. Only requires a new world, or at least an unspoiled dungeon. I call it the Light War. Two teams of any number crack open the dungeon and then run through wildly stripping light sources. This lasts either until one team is all dead or for a certain amount of time. Afterward, the teams tally up the hanging lights and water candles in their inventories, with candles counting double, and the team with the highest count wins. Presumably, they get to have whatever lights the losing team has, as well, or rights to the dungeon loot, or whatever.

Equipment restrictions are whatever folks agree to. It doesn't even strictly have to be PvP; the light war would work just as well as a simple race.

Anyway, water candles are awesome. I'm going to be lighting a building with them at some point in the future. Game needs more off-color light sources.

E: I just realized this would cause Morrowind flashbacks for some people :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 03:11:28 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 23, 2011, 03:10:01 am »

Hmm.. Corruption team VS Purify team.
Who will have the most of the world claimed when the time is up?
(Should the underground count as well?)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 23, 2011, 03:14:02 am »

Mm... that's a tough one. It's a lot easier to purify large swaths of land than to corrupt it, and corruption's rather easy to prevent from spreading. Maybe forbid actual purification powder... and anything but dirt blocks, heh.

With underground allowed, I could see interesting things happen with regrowth staves and corruption seeds :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: May 23, 2011, 03:33:12 am »

On what server you guys play?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: May 23, 2011, 03:58:22 am »

Whatever's available, heh. I've played on AC's the most, so far.

In a sharing mood, I present this little(ish) thing: Junglehome One, plus a little, done in classic patched-together-screenshot fashion. JHO was the jungle base in Acperience's server, a couple maps back, with a little extra work done to it since I've been using it as a main SP world. I love building in the jungle, yeah.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The obsidian house was AC's, th'gold one mine. The most of the smaller ones were/are NPC rooms, and the larger two were ones folks were hollowing out to make their own lil'houses from, before maps were switched.

The platforms in the upper left lead off toward the top straight tunnel and a surface route, as well as the mushroom farm I put up some pics of earlier. The door over the lava is the end-point of the more... fun route to get to JHO from the waystation. Of the two platform/tunnels going off the bottom of the main building, the left one leads to hell and the right out into the jungle. The other top exits leads mostly to the jungle, though the furthest right is very close to what looked like someone's hellflooding project before I co-opted it to make obsidian. You can see some of the water in the very far right, heh.

Here's the world viewer pic. I just noticed one of the floating islands got hit by a meteor. Gonna' have to check that out soon-ish :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Vibhor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 23, 2011, 04:07:09 am »

iCthulhu

I should have copyrighted that.
Where have you used the term first? As far as I'm aware, my post is the first use of it on this forum.

My mind is greater than any book ever written.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 23, 2011, 04:25:05 am »

Me and my friend had to build a temporary place to spawn and a fighting place just to beat Skeletor.

The fighting place was a large flat platform, with enough room to flee from his nearly inescapable head attack, and walls so monsters can't just run in.

Even if we had to build an entire place just to do it, we beat him.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 23, 2011, 04:26:34 am »

Dam you jungle creatures! How long must I kill you for cobalt gear?!? They do drop it right?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 23, 2011, 04:27:48 am »

Dam you jungle creatures! How long must I kill you for cobalt gear?!? They do drop it right?
Lots. I've spent maybe 2 or 3 hours killing hornets in total. The only reason I have any cobalt gear is because someone had a spare chestpiece.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 23, 2011, 04:30:15 am »

ARRR! Ah well, at least I can hand out ivy whips like candy...

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 23, 2011, 04:30:38 am »

I got a cobalt chest in the course of my jungle spelunkings; no idea how long it took, though.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 887