Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254364 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - It's out! And there's a 4 pack
« Reply #1995 on: May 24, 2011, 03:41:59 pm »

Hamachi only has access to local?
Hamachi is a virtual LOCAL network.
What exactly did you expect it to have?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: May 24, 2011, 03:43:44 pm »

I have no idea what it is. People just expected me to download it to visit their server.

Also everyone has a yellow warning sign next to their name.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:45:38 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: May 24, 2011, 03:53:06 pm »

I usually reboot my PC if that happens.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: May 24, 2011, 04:26:09 pm »

Hamachi is a program to help people connect to eachother without needing to quite be tech savvy enough to know how to forward ports  or have some massively over convoluted network to make something like that hard to do.

Great for the people who need it.  A major pain in the ass for folks who know how to do that stuff themselves, because once installed it sometimes interferes with the tech savvy method of doing it, and automatically turns itself back on when disabled after a reboot.  Also folks without hamachi cannot connect to folks using hamachi.  I greatly prefer the non-hamachi method, and that is the only reason folks have not seen me in a multiplayer server yet.

P.S. I guess it has some chat functionality too.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #1999 on: May 24, 2011, 04:38:30 pm »

Hamachi is sometimes called "Yellowtail" and is very tasty indeed with wasabi.
I got nothing

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: May 24, 2011, 06:40:31 pm »

... what do you consider to be a good amount? I'm sitting on at least three four worlds of varying development, all but one of which were at some point someone else's MP world, and there's varying amounts of building material left laying around in all of them. I think I could drum up 2k or so fairly easily with a trip around th'places. Definitely 1k.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: May 24, 2011, 06:43:08 pm »

1k?  I have an entire chest full of stone blocks.  Multiplayer is pretty iffy for me though.

Is there a way to summon more meteors if you run out of Shadow Orbs?  Because I think I've broken all (three) of mine.  I've reached the bottom of every shaft and I don't see any more.  I feel pretty robbed because one hit a sky bridge and the other hit a tiny pinnacle in the Corruption, so I basically got about 40 bars of Meteorite out of the whole thing.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: May 24, 2011, 06:44:58 pm »

They'll randomly fall.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: May 24, 2011, 06:48:08 pm »

You only have three corruption chasms? Really? Is that a small world or something? The world I've been playing on has had a dozen or more, I think - it's a large world. There was a corruption area to the left of spawn, one far to the right of spawn, and one beyond the dungeon, too.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: May 24, 2011, 06:53:26 pm »

1k?  I have an entire chest full of stone blocks.  Multiplayer is pretty iffy for me though.

I tend to just randomly toss out the stone I collect, whenever I have a 250 stack. I build primarily out of gold and hellstone brick, so stone's only really useful as a convenient temp-building material, like dirt or (not-farm-use) mud.

Is there a way to summon more meteors if you run out of Shadow Orbs?  Because I think I've broken all (three) of mine.  I've reached the bottom of every shaft and I don't see any more.  I feel pretty robbed because one hit a sky bridge and the other hit a tiny pinnacle in the Corruption, so I basically got about 40 bars of Meteorite out of the whole thing.

There's a terribly small chance one will fall randomly. You're a lot more likely to get somewhere by genning up small worlds specifically for orb-smash/meteor-summoning runs. Or letting corruption spread. I'm not sure yet if that creates new chasms or not.
Ask not!
Ask!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: May 24, 2011, 06:59:13 pm »

You only have three corruption chasms? Really? Is that a small world or something? The world I've been playing on has had a dozen or more, I think - it's a large world. There was a corruption area to the left of spawn, one far to the right of spawn, and one beyond the dungeon, too.

No, I have plenty of chasms (about twenty), but only three (I think) of them had Orbs at the bottom.  Other than that, my world appears to be Orbless, unless you can find them way way underground.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: May 24, 2011, 07:02:11 pm »

Nah, they'll be visible from the confines of the chasm, though apparently not always at the very bottom. Definitely fairly possible for a chasm to be orbless, though, so it seems you got RNG shafted.

E: Loose stone total came up to just shy of 2k, around 1.9k. As long as it's not hamachi, I can show up where'er :P
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:06:44 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: May 24, 2011, 07:05:06 pm »

They aren't always at the bottom, either.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: May 24, 2011, 07:11:00 pm »

They aren't always at the bottom, either.
That's generally due to the bottoms of other chasms intersecting with their neighbors and screwing things up, although sometimes there'll be an orb in the wall for no damn reason.

Still visible while falling down and grappling back up.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: May 24, 2011, 07:15:03 pm »

I finally decided to cheat, and use a map viewer.  If I'm reading this right, and I believe I am, there's three more Orbs in my world, making for a whopping six total.  After the first two of them landed in places that sapped most of their mass into the ether, I just have to hope the others don't land somewhere crazy, like a floating island or mountain top or the fucking Corruption again.  Gotta love small worlds, you think they're big enough for everything you want, except the rare stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 887