Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261502 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - Updated: Sunglasses, console server, and more!
« Reply #2910 on: June 02, 2011, 06:15:36 pm »

Yea just leaked the ocean over the world.  Sadly I discovered that the ocean is NOT an infinite water source.  Or else you wouldn't be able to see the surface from there.

P.S. Theres a deeper section, but it didn't have any trees and it didn't seem quite as dramatic without trees.

That and there's like, no light at all down there.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:17:22 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #2911 on: June 02, 2011, 07:33:20 pm »

Nope, obsidian needs nightmare pick after .2. I remember mining a whole bunch with a gold pick right before, then coming back the next day and being very confused.

anybody got a server going?

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: June 02, 2011, 07:48:14 pm »

When hosting a server... Where does one find the server's IP? It's not in the console or shown when joining...
whatsmyip.org
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: June 02, 2011, 07:57:55 pm »

Gotta say I'm pretty proud of my Bomb Shop on the server I host.
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197965806857/screenshot/595813290809817282?tab=public

Not featured:
-A shaft straight to hell (Complete with green sewer pipe a la mario)
-The floating island this is built on, with a sky bridge going to another bridge
-A few houses my friends built inside said floating island
-God damn guide chilling in my house. I don't care if you want to snuggle guide, get out!
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: June 02, 2011, 08:36:46 pm »

Done, but I can't connect to myself through the provided IP, only localhost.

Must be the router, though that's strange, because Hamachi works fine, unless there's something else I'm just not getting.
Thats your external IP you got. You don't need your external IP to connect to yourself, thats what localhost is for.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: June 02, 2011, 09:02:22 pm »

This whole obsession with hamachi for this game makes me quite angry. >:O

It's not that hard to port forward, and I don't like installing pointless software. Minecraft (only new server based indie game I've played recently) didn't have this happen, it's just been crazy popular for Terraria.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: June 02, 2011, 09:10:54 pm »

You log into the route, go to virtual host, enable port forwarding on port 7777. Its not hard.

MEANWHILE, before I uninstalled, I have to say:
Full set jungle armor + rocket boots + 4 mana rings is SUPA FUN.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2917 on: June 02, 2011, 09:18:25 pm »

My issue is my blasted router. If I was plugged into the wall, it might not be an issue, but finagling with that is a feat I'd rather not tackle.

Besides, Hamachi is really easy to use. :U
You log into the route, go to virtual host, enable port forwarding on port 7777. Its not hard.
Port forwarding is simple and easy until you realize (and personally contend with)the fact that some people have a Shitty Router. Some routers are simply built to not work, which is something I can attest to. Researching and buying a nice, albeit expensive router is one of the best decisions I ever made, but you have to understand that some people just don't want to spend much on these things, and cheap routers leave plenty of room for annoying issues.

Edited for (my own) stupidity.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:20:34 pm by Haschel »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: June 02, 2011, 09:23:20 pm »

Sadly, yes. Shitty Routers get in the way quite a bit.

side note: the section actually called Port Forwarding on mine, which is quite nice.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: June 02, 2011, 09:31:58 pm »

I get it that some people may use hamachi. It is nice for some occasions. But the majority of the playerbase? :-/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2920 on: June 02, 2011, 09:36:23 pm »

Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2921 on: June 02, 2011, 09:50:41 pm »

This whole obsession with hamachi for this game makes me quite angry. >:O

It's not that hard to port forward, and I don't like installing pointless software. Minecraft (only new server based indie game I've played recently) didn't have this happen, it's just been crazy popular for Terraria.
If it's the only way some people can connect, it isn't useless software is it?

I've set port forwarding on my router but no matter what we do my friend cannot connect to my external IP. Other people can, but he cannot. He has no firewall, no router (Computer straight to wall), and no internet security software at all. Via Hamachi, it works without doing a thing. You can rage against hamachi because its popular all you want, but its popular for a reason.

(That reason being that the terraria net code isn't very good I suppose.)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: June 02, 2011, 10:17:42 pm »

I know I've never been able to get port forwarding to work on my old router. I've just now realized that with the new router (recently moved/forced to upgrade internet service) I may not have that issue anymore.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2923 on: June 02, 2011, 10:28:24 pm »

Great update, fixes and stuff I wanted to see..muahah

Now I want that Jungle Armor set because my Molten IS NOW USELESS

By the way, Jungle Armor (the new Cobalt Armor) is dropped by hornets and man-eaters on the underground forest, right?
It's drop rate must be 0.1% because I spent 2 hours once and never got any pieces of it..
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:38:52 pm by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: June 02, 2011, 10:45:10 pm »

how is Molten useless?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 887