Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254520 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7470 on: December 19, 2011, 07:08:29 am »

I still haven't killed skeletron normal. :(
If you needs help you could always host the game briefly and ask someone from here like me to come assist. :P

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7471 on: December 19, 2011, 07:10:30 am »

If you needs help you could always host the game briefly and ask someone from here like me to come assist. :P

That's cheating. As is getting gear that you need to defeat him to get.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7472 on: December 19, 2011, 07:13:03 am »

Eh? I was going to create a new character and help, not bring in a god-tiered character. A bow and some unholy arrows should do it, with maybe some iron armor.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7473 on: December 19, 2011, 07:22:13 am »

You don't need to kill skelly for Hardcore items, so...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7474 on: December 19, 2011, 07:36:40 am »

Isn't a cobalt shield 100% required?

what about that lucky horseshoe?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7475 on: December 19, 2011, 08:07:23 am »

Isn't a cobalt shield 100% required?

what about that lucky horseshoe?
Neither are required. I killed skelly in gold armor with a silver bow and a lot of health potions and unholy arrows. Make a good arena and a few ironskin potions and you'll do alright. If you have a buddy to help and put a bed nearby to respawn at, even better.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7476 on: December 19, 2011, 08:09:18 am »

By default, you can't fight skeletron with a cobalt shield.  The cobalt shield is INSIDE the dungeon!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7477 on: December 19, 2011, 08:15:44 am »

I think eerr meant for hardmode.

You can't get a golden horseshoe without dungeon access either.
*Hugs*

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7478 on: December 19, 2011, 08:17:08 am »

Lucky Horseshoe?  That's in the floating islands, not the dungeons.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7479 on: December 19, 2011, 08:17:43 am »

Yeah, but you need gold keys to open those chests. IIRC.
*Hugs*

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7480 on: December 19, 2011, 08:21:00 am »

Oh, quite right!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7481 on: December 19, 2011, 08:23:35 am »

Actually, the assault rifle fires the most bullets of any gun.  It's got a base use time of 11, but fires 3 bullets per burst.  So it's got an average use time of 3.66... compared to a Megashark's use time of 6.  The Megashark isn't even more powerful in raw DPS, but most hard mode mobs have enough armor that the assault rifle's damage falls off too much.

The Rapid version of the assault rifle has an incredible +17% speed.  So the Rapid assault rifle has a use time of 9.13 (or 9, or 10, depending on rounding specifics).  That averages out somewhere between 3 and 3.33... use time per bullet.  But you give up on any damage bonus or crit bonus when you use the rapid prefix.  So the (Unreal) Megashark remains the highest DPS bullet shooter.  (Star Cannon doesn't shoot bullets, and therefore doesn't count as dakka.)

TLDR:  Megashark is the best dakka, but the Clockwork Assault Rifle is the most dakka.
I stand corrected! Which is not a bad thing, because then the world has EVEN MORE dakka, and i definitely can't and won't argue with EVEN MORE dakka. Unless the use time is between last shot of a burst and the beginning of the next, in which case you can probably add a bit to the average use time of the rifle. But, no matter. Dakka is dakka, and we all need more of it.

And on a side note, goblin tinkerer is totally ripping me off. It's like, "HELLO THERE DURNOK, HERE'S 40 GOLD FOR YOU TO REFORGE MY MEGASHARK", and then he's like, "OH THANKS MAN LET ME RUIN THAT MEGASHARK FOR YOU" and then replaces "agile" with "broken". What a dick.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7482 on: December 19, 2011, 08:33:39 am »

Has anyone tried to completely cleanse the world of corruption and/or hallow ? or, to get 100% hallow or 100% corruption ? I wonder if something happens when you do that, since the dryad has a corrupt/hallow-meter and asks you to remove the corrution.

It seems really hard but maybe possible on a small world. Underground corruption is the most annoying since it spreads so fast across the stone layer, and requires digging a lot to find and remove everything.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7483 on: December 19, 2011, 08:35:12 am »

Follow the rules of enchanting: Have two, enchant/reforge the worse one.  Thus, you have a spare.

NINJA:  Getting to 0% corruption does nothing, someone did it and got the screenshot.  I can't remember if this was pre-wall or post, which may matter, or if it's actually 0%, or if it was .1% that got rounded down.  Regardless, I don't believe there's currently anything that happens.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7484 on: December 19, 2011, 09:08:03 am »

It was pre-wall, and she was still prompting him or her to try harder. It was in a post in this thread.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 [499] 500 501 ... 887