Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261162 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7860 on: December 30, 2011, 08:50:41 am »

"Hey Josh want a grapplehook?"
"Sure..."

I think I sidestepped alot of the hardship normally associated with Terraria thanks to people's generosity.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: December 30, 2011, 08:51:51 am »

I still remain adamantly convinced of the fact that the "farming" for random drops makes this game a lot worse off than it otherwise would be. I wish every enemy dropped the same thing all the time, every time.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: December 30, 2011, 08:54:56 am »

I still remain adamantly convinced of the fact that the "farming" for random drops makes this game a lot worse off than it otherwise would be. I wish every enemy dropped the same thing all the time, every time.

I like this until I remember the Dungeons. OH GOD THE BONES! Everywhere! Clogging up my inventory and chests, thousands of'em, I can't get rid of them all. I can't even throw them fast enough! WHY SO MANY BONES GAME!

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: December 30, 2011, 09:14:09 am »

Presents are worse. Why, in a game that is already 50% inv management, would you create a really common drop, that doesn't stack, and that's totally worthless? Even if it's just temporary, I think I've dumped about five million candy cane blocks worth of presents by now
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7864 on: December 30, 2011, 09:18:08 am »

But then we'd all have about 800 hooks for which we have no use!

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #7865 on: December 30, 2011, 10:19:27 am »

With constant drops, there would be no real excitement involved when you finally find the damn thing. This is why i have mixed feelings for drop chances. Super rare drops are extremely frustrating to get, but once they drop you're like yesssssssssssss. And like forsaken111 just said, constant drops clog the shit out of your inventory, so to compensate you'd probably have to lower the monster spawn rate. Which sucks.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: December 30, 2011, 10:22:54 am »

We already have enough junk in the inventory as it is, we don't need constant drops.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: December 30, 2011, 10:30:57 am »

We've had this discussion before, I think - I think most enemies shouldn't drop anything, and the ones that do should be visually distinguished so you can decide whether or not to engage and to seek them out. Rather than every skeleton dropping hooks, you should be able to occassionally (rarely) spot a "hook skeleton". That's the sort of thing I argue for, not a dungeon level "OH GOD THE EVERYTHING DROPS EVERYTHING" sort of problem.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: December 30, 2011, 10:36:20 am »

You sould just be able to sell everything.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: December 30, 2011, 11:03:55 am »

Or we need another use for hooks. As of right now the only thing you can do with them is make grappling hooks.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: December 30, 2011, 12:09:23 pm »

Guys, what level pickaxe do you need to break through corruption stone? I can already handle myself well in there, thanks to my healing potions.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: December 30, 2011, 12:11:48 pm »

A nightmare pickaxe or above. Fight the Devourer of Worlds and you'll get the items required to make it (if you haven't already).

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: December 30, 2011, 12:15:55 pm »

A nightmare pickaxe or above. Fight the Devourer of Worlds and you'll get the items required to make it (if you haven't already).
I hate devourers and eaters a lot. I think that's gonna be more nightmarish than a nightmare pickaxe.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: December 30, 2011, 12:55:34 pm »

You could also use dynamite. Or purification powder.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: December 30, 2011, 01:20:12 pm »

We've had this discussion before, I think - I think most enemies shouldn't drop anything, and the ones that do should be visually distinguished so you can decide whether or not to engage and to seek them out. Rather than every skeleton dropping hooks, you should be able to occassionally (rarely) spot a "hook skeleton". That's the sort of thing I argue for, not a dungeon level "OH GOD THE EVERYTHING DROPS EVERYTHING" sort of problem.

I have never seen a Doctor Bones. Or The Groom. Or Tim. It's easier to farm skeletons than farm other NPCs hoping for an NPC which never spawns, so I think this is a terrible idea.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 887