Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261496 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #7905 on: December 30, 2011, 11:04:12 pm »

I'm partial to the axe, but I managed to get Legendary first-time. Hard to part with something like that :)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: December 30, 2011, 11:17:18 pm »

Seems I have a copy of terraria sitting in my steam inventory because apperantly one person I gave a copy to back when the game was released never claimed it in all this time.

So now I get to figure out some way to distribute the thing to somebody when all the present threads are over and done with.  Hm.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: December 31, 2011, 12:00:00 am »

Make your own thread. There's no rule against it, and generosity is always in style.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: December 31, 2011, 01:29:55 am »

Make your own thread. There's no rule against it, and generosity is always in style.

May not be, but expect a LOT of people jumping into the thread saying "there is already a terraria thread" and "This thread is pointless".

This board may be the most relaxed I ever seen... but it doesn't mean they are beyond regular old board stupidity :D

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: December 31, 2011, 01:31:13 am »

Most giveaway threads are fine in my (pretty limited, admittedly) experience. It's not like he's starting an entirely new "Terraria - 1.1.1 released!" thread.
So now I get to figure out some way to distribute the thing to somebody when all the present threads are over and done with.  Hm.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: December 31, 2011, 02:00:15 am »

Well, it's hard to say "there's already a giveaway thread for this!" when you make a new thread, because a giveaway is a unique event.  If the same person is giving away a second copy of the game, then yes, they should re-use their old thread and rename the first post to regain attention, but if it's someone doing a unique giveaway, then that's not related to the other threads.

I rather like the challenge giveaways myself, not just "plz gimme" but make them do something for it.  Define a term in the most humorous way or show their most hilarious fail.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7911 on: December 31, 2011, 02:28:53 am »

So I was thinking of making a Homestuck/MSPA texture pack. There are already some ideas in the MSPA thread but they're probably going to be drowned out by update news.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I may need some help with this. Both in the ideas and (yes I am a lazy crap and am asking people to do everything for me) actual spritework. I'll have to research texture pack making, and I'll do what I can. Probably.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: December 31, 2011, 03:02:51 am »

I might be able to help out with spritework... I'm sort of half decent, sort of.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: December 31, 2011, 03:37:55 am »

Beat the EoW, found a new friend who started playing, then died to Skeletron when we tried to kill it because my more experienced friend had already gone to sleep. We can take it 3v1, I hope.

I made it to hell and then accidentally summoned the wall of flesh. Oops. Died there, then made it back and died to lava because I didn't realize hellstone leaks the stuff. I grabbed the hellforge though and stuck it in our base. Then I discovered the "highway to hell" my friend had been digging - a path, as straight as he could manage, heading straight down to hell. I helped him finish it and we gathered some hellstone together.

I have owned this game for like three days and already have 29 hours on it. Awesome.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: December 31, 2011, 03:44:48 am »

So, today I summoned the EoW, without any hopes of winning. I just wanted to see how far I could go. And to hear that awesome music.
I got 2 demonite bars worth of ore with shurikens, copper armor (yeah I know that sucks), an iron sword, and a sighted musket.
Is that good?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 03:48:05 am by jaxy15 »
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: December 31, 2011, 06:07:08 am »

Then I discovered the "highway to hell" my friend had been digging - a path, as straight as he could manage, heading straight down to hell.
That would be a 'hellevator', a most useful addition to any map.
making stops on the different layers for easy access.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: December 31, 2011, 06:15:03 am »

Might want to make it water stopped, otherwise accidents happen.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: December 31, 2011, 06:20:21 am »

Might want to make it water stopped, otherwise accidents happen.

And never, ever put wooden platforms within your hellevator, especially if you don't have a Lucky Horseshoe, because that will render your hellevator useless.

Unless if you have grappling hooks, CiaB or other items that can slow/reset falling velocity.

But even if you put wood platforms within your hellevator, and you are immune to fall damage, it will still be tedious, mainly because you have to hold down or press a button if you land on a platform to keep going down.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: December 31, 2011, 06:30:07 am »

Question, and yes this is important: If you had a choice between the current falling through platforms, where you stop then continue to fall, r just free falling through them, where you might take fall damage, what would you go for?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: December 31, 2011, 06:39:59 am »

I prefer the freefall with a small pool of water at the bottom, as it's much faster and doesn't rape my 'S' key that much.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 887