Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1261310 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8145 on: January 08, 2012, 08:00:16 pm »

Of course, you should have a hell highway. Its neer impossible otherwise, even with Mythril armor.
using meteor bullets standing at the base of the wall aiming upwards works well too, and the highway is only needed when you only have pre-wall gear.

Maybe I just suck at moving, but without wings I would constantly fall in magma and die. I guess an obsidian potion might work...hm.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8146 on: January 08, 2012, 08:22:22 pm »

Gravitation potions too.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8147 on: January 08, 2012, 08:45:47 pm »

Water Walk potions also, despite the whole "water" bit in the name. Just don't press S.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8148 on: January 09, 2012, 01:29:15 am »

Water Walk potions also, despite the whole "water" bit in the name. Just don't press S.

You still catch on fire walking on lava without protection. Not as bad as falling into it, but still problematic.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8149 on: January 09, 2012, 01:31:04 am »

What are you talking about? No you don't. Unless it was changed in 1.1.1, because I don't think I've hit magma since that update.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8150 on: January 09, 2012, 01:33:37 am »

Since when was this? I remember doing that and not catching fire but that was 1.1, without the .1. Are you sure it wasn't just an imp or a hellbat or something?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8151 on: January 09, 2012, 04:56:35 am »

It's just a minor glitch, more or less. It happened to me once, when I was walking on lava.

It's most definitely because of lava being (slightly) higher than the "platform" level when you're walking on it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8152 on: January 09, 2012, 08:00:01 am »

You still catch on fire walking on lava without protection. Not as bad as falling into it, but still problematic.

Silly penguinofhonor, OF COURSE Water walking potion makes you fire resistant. I mean, why wouldn't it? Its not like it is the not-fireproof-feet-potion.

???

It's just a minor glitch, more or less. It happened to me once, when I was walking on lava.

It's most definitely because of lava being (slightly) higher than the "platform" level when you're walking on it.

You also submerge below the water/lava if you try to go "higher" in a pool of liquid, as your feet are temporarily underwater.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8153 on: January 09, 2012, 09:18:23 am »

So I finally managed to defeat my first hard-world boss, the Destroyer. Actually, I did it twice, since the first time I killed him, he must have just been preparing to come around at me, because his head segment (and, therefore, the souls he drops) was nowhere in sight. I must have covered every inch for a screen in every direction, but couldn't find anything.

Did it without using the 'hot stone' exploit, although I did have a heart statue on a timer to help a little with the healing.

Had Adamantite/Mythril/Adamantite the first time, and a full Adamantite set the second. Used a combination of Night's Edge, a Clockwork Assault Rifle with crystal bullets and a Laser Rifle to slowly whittle him down.

Not sure where to go next. Probably the Twins.

edit: One thought occurs to me - it's a good thing that my house isn't Dwarf Fortress. My boss fighting arena is on the roof of my house, and each time I summon the Destroyer, he's killed every single one of my NPC's. If it were DF, no one would come back for years, if not decades at this point. Thankfully, it's not, so they start slowly respawning over the next couple of days. Kind of odd while they're all dead though, since my house goes all native - a combination of hallow and jungle critters all over the place.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 09:53:38 am by AlStar »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8154 on: January 09, 2012, 09:31:05 am »

The twins are annoying, mostly because of Spazmatism's cursed flamethrower.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8155 on: January 09, 2012, 10:34:01 am »

AllStar, you should go for Skeletron Prime first, but before that, stock up on crystals found in the underhallow and make a Megashark using the souls of the Destroyer.

Make crystal shot by using musket balls with the crystals, and use it with the megashark to kill Skeletron Prime. Then make the flamethrower using Skeletron Prime's souls.

Actually, if you have a Megashark, it's your choice who to kill. If your footwork is up to the task (and it should be, against hardmode critters and bosses), you can kill both bosses with relative ease. Just kill Spazmatism first when fighting the Twins, and don't hurt Retinazer until Spaz dies.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8156 on: January 10, 2012, 02:22:59 am »

So, I am trying to stockpile stars, anyone want to pitch in, I don't have a whole lot to offer, but I don't like running around at night.
Thank you based dwarf.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8157 on: January 10, 2012, 02:57:11 am »

You can use the Starcannon to farm for stars, assuming you can get over 100 damage per shot. I'm not sure if the Christmas patch fixed that though.

To get over that 100dmg per shot, use gun-enhancing armor, a ranger emblem, a Starcannon that's upgraded to max, and some buffs.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8158 on: January 10, 2012, 03:17:34 am »

There are no gun-boosting buffs, so you'll have to reach 100+ damage using equipment only.

I can confirm that it's not fixed in the latest version.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8159 on: January 10, 2012, 09:44:59 am »

You can use the Starcannon to farm for stars, assuming you can get over 100 damage per shot. I'm not sure if the Christmas patch fixed that though.

To get over that 100dmg per shot, use gun-enhancing armor, a ranger emblem, a Starcannon that's upgraded to max, and some buffs.
There are no gun-boosting buffs, so you'll have to reach 100+ damage using equipment only.

I can confirm that it's not fixed in the latest version.

Qué? What are you guys talking about? Using star cannon to find more stars?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them
Pages: 1 ... 542 543 [544] 545 546 ... 887