Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1254562 times)

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8205 on: January 17, 2012, 02:27:02 am »

Sounds like an interesting challenge. Not at all impossible though, as usually there's at least one, if not more caves that can snake really, really deeply. Some can reach Hell. Don't even need to use explosives in those cases, though that'd be an extra challenge to go without.

Though if you need a way down, you can use the jungle as a way down since that's all mud. At least, so long as that's in keeping with the rules.
Except the Underground Jungle is rather a big challenge for new characters. And if you don't have enough money to afford loads of explosives, then you probably have pretty new characters. Which makes this loophole fair game since it's high risk, but high reward.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: January 17, 2012, 09:53:48 am »

Has anyone else had a demolition guy named Urist?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: January 17, 2012, 10:00:33 am »

Once, now it's something starting with 'G' I think.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: January 17, 2012, 10:02:11 am »

I kill them off if they don't.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: January 17, 2012, 10:17:50 am »

I kill them off if they don't.

And then goblins kill Urist.

Totally normal :D
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #8210 on: January 17, 2012, 10:36:23 am »

Sounds like an interesting challenge. Not at all impossible though, as usually there's at least one, if not more caves that can snake really, really deeply. Some can reach Hell. Don't even need to use explosives in those cases, though that'd be an extra challenge to go without.

Though if you need a way down, you can use the jungle as a way down since that's all mud. At least, so long as that's in keeping with the rules.
Except the Underground Jungle is rather a big challenge for new characters. And if you don't have enough money to afford loads of explosives, then you probably have pretty new characters. Which makes this loophole fair game since it's high risk, but high reward.

If you would be lucky enough to find a Bomb Statue, you could just farm ~500 bombs and then get some slime, and voilá: Pickaxe becomes useless. Unless you need Adamantite.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: January 17, 2012, 11:01:18 am »

Is adamantite dynamite-proof?

(you'd also miss out on hellstone)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: January 17, 2012, 11:21:07 am »

If you would be lucky enough to find a Bomb Statue, you could just farm ~500 bombs and then get some slime, and voilá: Pickaxe becomes useless. Unless you need Adamantite.

But you'd have to get a supply of wires, some wire tools, or put the statue in the middle of a random trap to make it function. Still is good though, because it still requires a ton of effort to get the bombs.

Is adamantite dynamite-proof?

(you'd also miss out on hellstone)

I think adamantite is dyna-proofed.

Hellstone's resistance to dynamite gets revoked post-wall.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: January 17, 2012, 11:39:03 am »

Hellstone's resistance to dynamite gets revoked post-wall.

*notices*

*thinks about time spent digging*

*heart-attack*
SigFlags!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8214 on: January 17, 2012, 11:40:19 am »

Hehe, yeah. Obsidian skin + water breathing and a few stacks of dynamite = LOTS of hellstone. Not that its terribly useful post wall.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: January 17, 2012, 11:44:45 am »

Hehe, yeah. Obsidian skin + water breathing and a few stacks of dynamite = LOTS of hellstone. Not that its terribly useful post wall.

Given I skipped molten to cobalt because I didn't knew?

Yeah.
SigFlags!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: January 17, 2012, 11:52:13 am »

Given I skipped molten to cobalt because I didn't knew?

Yeah.

Indeed. You don't even have to have molten equipment, so as long you can find a shadow key and get a dark lance. That weapon is going to last you until you make a cobalt sword.

Pickaxes, on the other hand...
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: January 17, 2012, 12:01:02 pm »

Am I actually the only one that had fun mining hellstone? I was surprised when when I broke my first chunk and OHCRAP It spawns lava! I've since developed elaborate mining techniques to mine hellstone in the most efficient manner possible while avoiding the lava. There were platform procedures, site preparation protocols, drainage veins, collection criterion, inventory management methods, and remaining geared up to handle the incessant monster attacks.

Then I hit postwall and the game goes "Well, guess you might as well just throw all that hellstone away, cause it's useless now! Why don't you check out our BRAND NEW versions of copper, iron, and gold?"

Sad town.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: January 17, 2012, 12:01:37 pm »

Hellstone is still useful post-wall. You can save money by just making your own hellfire arrows and not needing to buy them. Get yerself a cobalt repeater and go to town.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8219 on: January 17, 2012, 12:11:47 pm »

Am I actually the only one that had fun mining hellstone? I was surprised when when I broke my first chunk and OHCRAP It spawns lava! I've since developed elaborate mining techniques to mine hellstone in the most efficient manner possible while avoiding the lava. There were platform procedures, site preparation protocols, drainage veins, collection criterion, inventory management methods, and remaining geared up to handle the incessant monster attacks.

Then I hit postwall and the game goes "Well, guess you might as well just throw all that hellstone away, cause it's useless now! Why don't you check out our BRAND NEW versions of copper, iron, and gold?"

Sad town.
Really? I set up an herb farm early on and made a bunch of obsidian skin and water breathing potions then went to town on the hellstone while keeping a roof over my head to ward off bats. My pick swings were fast enough to ward off most imp fireballs. I spent 80% of my time getting hellstone immersed in magma.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 887